THE ON CALL PICKUP? (On topic)

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
How much we charging? If it takes me a good 20 minutes, they are paying me overtime, plus fuel, wear and tear on the truck. Then when I get there, it's a RS ground package.
Last I heard it was $15 for an on demand. I have a stop that is literally 90 miles RT and I have had to go way out there for RS but the caller had to pay for the on demand. And it's usually rubber dogS* or stupid shower sandals I'm picking up.

This place should eliminate stops like that and make them like they had many years ago just twice a week like the USPS does. Call tags should be one attempt thats it.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Ever get an on call with Karen expecting you to have the label?

I've had a couple where they had to fill out the hand written label and pay by check. The board had no info on how much I was supposed to collect. They just handed me a check for an amount they said the person on the phone told them. Ok, whatever you say.

Analbumcover

ControlPkgs
I've got one that sends out EAMs. They put in a 1530 ready time with a 1600 commit. I'll get there at 3:55. No one ever knows where it is. I usually wind up standing there for 10 minutes until someone in reception can figure out who put the pickup request in. At 4pm I put in NonPU, NR, then use special counts on the package after 4.....if they can find it. I eventually told them that if it is not ready by 4pm then I'm leaving. I've got 20 other accounts to worry about that actually ship things and know where they are.

oldngray

nowhere special
I've got one that sends out EAMs. They put in a 1530 ready time with a 1600 commit. I'll get there at 3:55. No one ever knows where it is. I usually wind up standing there for 10 minutes until someone in reception can figure out who put the pickup request in. At 4pm I put in NonPU, NR, then use special counts on the package after 4.....if they can find it. I eventually told them that if it is not ready by 4pm then I'm leaving. I've got 20 other accounts to worry about that actually ship things and know where they are.
I had a company with the home office in another city that would have on calls a couple of times a week but never had anything going out or knew anything about a pickup. I started just popping in and asking then I'm out of there.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
How much we charging? If it takes me a good 20 minutes, they are paying me overtime, plus fuel, wear and tear on the truck. Then when I get there, it's a RS ground package.

As soon as Carol is done thinning the heard
down at Glenlake she’s going to be all over this