The positive Thread

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
not necessarily but it can be and is used for bad.

its overblown these days.

the protests in the streets gives me much more hope, and is closer to the truth and reality, than sticking your head in teh sand and pretending everything is positive.

I agree to an extent. I have actually been thinking about this lately. I used to be skeptical when people would say to look on the bright side. It seemed like self-delusion. But, what I have come to realize, is that regardless of what people mean about being positive, the real message is that focusing on the negative leads to resentment and demotivation, and since people tend to let the negative overwhelm them, it is important to remind them that there is positive as well. This should lead to a more balanced perspective, and enable people to make better decisions.

The best way to deal with the negative is to figure out how to turn it to your advantage, and make it positive.

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
They are advancing a lot of Monday's work and delivering it on Saturday.
So on Monday they cut a ton of routes and we can't make service on the pickups
Plus you're recovering a ridiculous amount of area
It blows my mind that they're advancing work, when we are rolling loads and sitting on some CPU loads Dailey ,,, but hey , bring in more work , crash the buildings , then we'll do an audit ,, these people running the place today are morons !

rickyb

I agree to an extent. I have actually been thinking about this lately. I used to be skeptical when people would say to look on the bright side. It seemed like self-delusion. But, what I have come to realize, is that regardless of what people mean about being positive, the real message is that focusing on the negative leads to resentment and demotivation, and since people tend to let the negative overwhelm them, it is important to remind them that there is positive as well. This should lead to a more balanced perspective, and enable people to make better decisions.

The best way to deal with the negative is to figure out how to turn it to your advantage, and make it positive.
yea i love the idea of balance too. negativity and positivity can both lead to conformity.

oldngray

nowhere special
picdump_3457_47.jpg

Was that @Covemastah ?

rod

Retired 22 years
You must be going crazy at home @rod
Will they be re opening bingo soon ?
No more BINGO for this guy. I only did that being a nice son-in-law I am but now the mother-in-law is in a home. Her BINGO days are over. Even when I played a few games of BINGO I wasn't there all night. I would drop Granny off and go have a few beers with friends at a different bar---- then pick her up and give her a ride back to her Apt. I even won a few hundred bucks during my BINGO days. That always pissed off the other old gals because I hadn't been there all night.