The religion of peace strikes again...

OPTION3

In any case, I stand by my comment that according to something in what some people claim is a book containing the word of god, hundreds of thousands of 'believers' need to be beheaded so that the 'rapture' can take place.
Let’s be clear here....what “people” and what “Book” are you referring to? If you are referring to Muslims and the Koran(?) I don’t have a clue. If you are referring to christians....(WHO?)...and the BIBLE....(where) does it say 1000’s of people must be beheaded to bring on the rapture? I am not being facetious here....I’ve never heard that and would like to know

BrownMeetPurple

People who declared war (Jihad) on us are the invisible enemy?

yeah, "they" declare "war" on America every few years... who profit$$$?

lpVScc2.jpg

Panin

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Let’s be clear here....what “people” and what “Book” are you referring to? If you are referring to Muslims and the Koran(?) I don’t have a clue. If you are referring to christians....(WHO?)...and the BIBLE....(where) does it say 1000’s of people must be beheaded to bring on the rapture? I am not being facetious here....I’ve never heard that and would like to know
I'll try to type slowly for you. In Revelation, the chapter and verse you quoted earlier, it says there are thousands of beheaded believers seated on thrones, or something like that, will sit in judgement.

I'm just guessing that those who believe the bible is the word of god, and take at least the NT literally, would conclude that certain things have to transpire before there can be whatever you call the 'end times'. One of those is thousands of beheaded Christians. ISIL is facilitating this for them. They can be done with this temporal world sooner.

Sort of like me coming out and taking 20 crappy stops from you so you can go home early on Friday. ;)

wayfair

swollen member
I'll try to type slowly for you. In Revelation, the chapter and verse you quoted earlier, it says there are thousands of beheaded believers seated on thrones, or something like that, will sit in judgement.

I'm just guessing that those who believe the bible is the word of god, and take at least the NT literally, would conclude that certain things have to transpire before there can be whatever you call the 'end times'. One of those is thousands of beheaded Christians. ISIL is facilitating this for them. They can be done with this temporal world sooner.

Sort of like me coming out and taking 20 crappy stops from you so you can go home early on Friday. ;)

uh, I'm sure there are some "cliff notes" on the Bible for you...

Ah, here ya go http://www.target.com/p/the-bible-f...pid=11339522&gclid=COba3eGhisECFQZrfgodf3sASg

OPTION3

Typing it S-L-O-W-L-Y obviously does not help you understand it...Just a Helpful hint sometimes when reading the Bible and its BIG words...you actually have to read MORE than a few sentences to get the meaning. Those words are written By saint JOHN the revelator..they are visions of what are to come... In his vision he see’s 1000’s of people that were beheaded(persecuted in gods name ) at his side reigning with him AFTER the tribulation. They will not sit in judgement(only 1 does)..it does not say that. Now, yes all this will happen before the end times, and MOST devout christians, knowing what awaits them actually pray for his return, although not to see more death and misery as you think; thousands since the time of christ have already been beheaded in his name BEFORE ISIS...KNOW this one thing though...ISIS nor any other thing will facilitate his coming.... NO MAN knows the date or time..Only GOD

Last edited:

OPTION3

By the way I did not start the conversation quoting Revelation...that was a factual correction of an erroneous statement from another poster...I just think people should know a little more about it before misquoting/misrepresenting it

OPTION3

So I am defiling your god's law by adding an "s" to The Book Of Revelation?

Umm...okay.

I don't think I want anything to do with your god, then. Thanks.
No ,you and others defile god’s law by not knowing anything about his word(hence the added “s”...Then spreading your twisted version of it. If it was a typo...I get that....but you never said that

Last edited:

upsgrunt

So I am defiling your god's law by adding an "s" to The Book Of Revelation?

Umm...okay.

I don't think I want anything to do with your god, then. Thanks.

No, that's not what my point was, but I'm pretty sure you knew that; you just needed an excuse to make a jackass out of yourself............again.
You're not a believer- that's fine, and I respect that; I'm certainly not forcing anything on you. I don't belittle your beliefs; I should expect the same from you, Dido, Jones, TOS, Iwfthd??????
If not, that's ok too, hence my reference to the Bible verse.
I certainly don't need approval from anyone but God.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
No, that's not what my point was, but I'm pretty sure you knew that; you just needed an excuse to make a jackass out of yourself............again.
You're not a believer- that's fine, and I respect that; I'm certainly not forcing anything on you. I don't belittle your beliefs; I should expect the same from you, Dido, Jones, TOS, Iwfthd??????
If not, that's ok too, hence my reference to the Bible verse.
I certainly don't need approval from anyone but God.
Since you mentioned me, I'd just like to say I had 13 years of Catholic school with religion class everyday, and Mass twice a week. I don't reject organized religion out of ignorance, I reject it because I understand it all too well.

I avoid conversations about religion with people I know, because they are almost all Christians, and they tend to take my opinions about their beliefs personally... or try and "save me" ::eye roll:: They see my thoughts about their "god" belittling, when in reality it is just my opinion.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinions, but when it comes to religion, some people don't see their views as opinion, they see them as fact, and I strongly disagree with that sentiment.

Last edited:

OPTION3

Since you mentioned me, I'd just like to say I had 13 years of Catholic school with religion class everyday, and Mass twice a week. I don't reject organized religion out of ignorance, I reject it because I understand it all too well.

I avoid conversations about religion with people I know, because they are almost all Christians, and they tend to take my opinions about their beliefs personally... or try and "save me" ::eye roll:: They see my thoughts about their "god" belittling, when in reality it is just my opinion.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinions, but when it comes to religion, some people don't see their views as opinion, they see them as fact, and I strongly disagree with that sentiment.
And.... I have not seen you misquote or twist any biblical ideas or words...Thank you....sorry you had to read the rant towards others who have.....PEACE

wayfair

swollen member

I don't think you like it because it was a "chore" to you

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
I don't think you like it because it was a "chore" to you
Thing is, it never really seemed like an obligation to me. It was just the way things were. Even through my confirmation I never had much doubt, I ate it all up.... it was just a way of life. I think when I realized how much all religions have in common it started to click. I love the teachings of Jesus, I just don't think modern christianity, or any religion, represents what he was trying to bring about.

Panin

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Nice to see all the love from the 'Christians'.

I won't engage in a religious argument with any of you, or quibble over interpretations of what you think the bible says. Option3 obviously has the true interpretation of scripture, and I can tell from his postings that he embraces the ideals of Christ.

PEACE BE WITH YOU.

OPTION3

Nice to see all the love from the 'Christians'.

I won't engage in a religious argument with any of you, or quibble over interpretations of what you think the bible says. Option3 obviously has the true interpretation of scripture, and I can tell from his postings that he embraces the ideals of Christ.

PEACE BE WITH YOU.
No Hard feelings.....nothing but the best for you and your family...PEACE

Last edited:

wayfair

swollen member
Thing is, it never really seemed like an obligation to me. It was just the way things were. Even through my confirmation I never had much doubt, I ate it all up.... it was just a way of life. I think when I realized how much all religions have in common it started to click. I love the teachings of Jesus, I just don't think modern christianity, or any religion, represents what he was trying to bring about.
I have a lot of family that are Catholic and totally respect the religion I'm from, at first it seamed a chore until I realized my whole family were brought up that way and basically depended on it, ya know?

OPTION3

My wife was raised catholic.....Knew the word Better than me....but never got the spirit or true meaning until exposed to a different type of faith.....I’ve been to catholic services....its too “cold” for me...not saying or judging it wrong....just not for me

OPTION3

I love the teachings of Jesus, I just don't think modern christianity, or any religion, represents what he was trying to bring about.
I struggled with this very same thing.....had a very wise elderly “mentor”tell me once,” Hell will be full of as many “christians” as non-believers....He has always counseled me to keep my focus on God’s word and spirit....helps me a lot. Once everyone calms down and TALKS about it, some of these conversations can be pretty educational for me...LOL. Since I’m “OLD” LOL I’m off to bed now...LATER