The religion of peace strikes again...

bbsam

Staff member
Walked away from religion? Lol. He thinks more about it than a lot of believers do.

I had beliefs when I was 4. I once believed that 2+2=4. I did not, however, realize that the square root of 16 was also 4. And then I learned that a squared plus b squared equals c squared. Then I found out that wasn't true. The fact is that the sum of the squares of the length of the legs of a right triangle is equal to the squared length of the hypotenuse. Who woulda thunk?!
I used to believe in "good guys and bad guys". But then I read "Death of the Ball Turret Gunner".

I'm 46 years old. I can't live with a mindset from when I was four. That doesn't mean what I learned when I was four isn't part of what I know today. Just that my learning couldn't stop there.

Bill Burr is hilarious. ;)

ch317273

When your bank says no, champion says YES
I think the free world should respond to Isis an eye for an eye, we will never do it because it goes against the principles we stand for in this country but sometimes ya just gotta fight fire with fire, I'd light some of those prisoners inguantanamo onfire an release the video to Isis, plus it'll likely save our tax dollars in the process, it's about saving american lives, but liberals will never allow this, but if I was the boss around here id hit em with a lil Ronald Reagan...."wwrd" what would Reagan do.....

moreluck

golden ticket member
CHURCHILL ON ISLAM

Unbelievable, but the speech below was written in 1899. (Check Wikipedia - The River War). The attached short speech from Winston Churchill, was delivered by him in 1899 when he was a young soldier and journalist. It probably sets out the current views of many, but expresses in the wonderful Churchillian turn of phrase and use of the English language, of which he was a past master. Sir Winston Churchill was, without doubt, one of the greatest men of the late 19th and 20th centuries. He was a brave young soldier, a brilliant journalist, an extraordinary politician and statesman, a great war leader and British Prime Minister, to whom the Western world must be forever in his debt. He was a prophet in his own time. He died on 24th January 1965, at the grand old age of 90 and, after a lifetime of service to his country, was accorded a State funeral.

HERE IS THE SPEECH:

"How dreadful are the curses which Mohammedanism lays on its votaries! Besides the fanatical frenzy, which is as dangerous in a man as hydrophobia in a dog, there is this fearful fatalistic apathy. The effects are apparent in many countries, improvident habits, slovenly systems of agriculture, sluggish methods of commerce, and insecurity of property exist wherever the followers of the Prophet rule or live. A degraded sensualism deprives this life of its grace and refinement, the next of its dignity and sanctity. The fact that in Mohammedan law every woman must belong to some man as his absolute property, either as a child, a wife, or a concubine, must delay the final extinction of slavery until the faith of Islam has ceased to be a great power among men. Individual Muslims may show splendid qualities, but the influence of the religion paralyses the social development of those who follow it. No stronger retrograde force exists in the world. Far from being moribund, Mohammedanism is a militant

and proselytizing faith. It has already spread throughout Central Africa, raising fearless warriors at every step; and were it not that Christianity is sheltered in the strong arms of science, the science against which it had vainly struggled, the civilization of modern Europe might fall, as fell the civilization of ancient Rome."

Sir Winston Churchill; (Source: The River War, first edition, Vol. II, pages 248-250 London ).

Churchill saw it coming.

AND WHO TOOK THE BUST OF CHURCHILL OUT OF THE WHITE HOUSE????

The OBAMA'S OF COURSE !!!!

“It is easier to fool people than it is to convince them they have been fooled.” – Mark Twain

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
I think the free world should respond to Isis an eye for an eye, we will never do it because it goes against the principles we stand for in this country but sometimes ya just gotta fight fire with fire, I'd light some of those prisoners inguantanamo onfire an release the video to Isis, plus it'll likely save our tax dollars in the process, it's about saving american lives, but liberals will never allow this, but if I was the boss around here id hit em with a lil Ronald Reagan...."wwrd" what would Reagan do.....
That' a huge what if, but if you look at what he did in Lebanon, cut and run might be his strategy. I don't know how the neocons have managed to trick people into thinking an interventionist foreign policy is a conservative viewpoint...It is not.

From Ronald Reagan's memoir "An American Life":
Perhaps we didn't appreciate fully enough the depth of the hatred and the complexity of the problems that made the Middle East such a jungle. Perhaps the idea of a suicide car bomber committing mass murder to gain instant entry to Paradise was so foreign to our own values and consciousness that it did not create in us the concern for the marines' safety that it should have.

In the weeks immediately after the bombing, I believe the last thing that we should do was turn tail and leave. Yet the irrationality of Middle Eastern politics forced us to rethink our policy there. If there would be some rethinking of policy before our men die, we would be a lot better off. If that policy had changed towards more of a neutral position and neutrality, those 241 marines would be alive today.

realbrown1

Annoy a liberal today. Hit them with facts.
CHURCHILL ON ISLAM

Unbelievable, but the speech below was written in 1899. (Check Wikipedia - The River War). The attached short speech from Winston Churchill, was delivered by him in 1899 when he was a young soldier and journalist. It probably sets out the current views of many, but expresses in the wonderful Churchillian turn of phrase and use of the English language, of which he was a past master. Sir Winston Churchill was, without doubt, one of the greatest men of the late 19th and 20th centuries. He was a brave young soldier, a brilliant journalist, an extraordinary politician and statesman, a great war leader and British Prime Minister, to whom the Western world must be forever in his debt. He was a prophet in his own time. He died on 24th January 1965, at the grand old age of 90 and, after a lifetime of service to his country, was accorded a State funeral.

HERE IS THE SPEECH:

"How dreadful are the curses which Mohammedanism lays on its votaries! Besides the fanatical frenzy, which is as dangerous in a man as hydrophobia in a dog, there is this fearful fatalistic apathy. The effects are apparent in many countries, improvident habits, slovenly systems of agriculture, sluggish methods of commerce, and insecurity of property exist wherever the followers of the Prophet rule or live. A degraded sensualism deprives this life of its grace and refinement, the next of its dignity and sanctity. The fact that in Mohammedan law every woman must belong to some man as his absolute property, either as a child, a wife, or a concubine, must delay the final extinction of slavery until the faith of Islam has ceased to be a great power among men. Individual Muslims may show splendid qualities, but the influence of the religion paralyses the social development of those who follow it. No stronger retrograde force exists in the world. Far from being moribund, Mohammedanism is a militant

and proselytizing faith. It has already spread throughout Central Africa, raising fearless warriors at every step; and were it not that Christianity is sheltered in the strong arms of science, the science against which it had vainly struggled, the civilization of modern Europe might fall, as fell the civilization of ancient Rome."

Sir Winston Churchill; (Source: The River War, first edition, Vol. II, pages 248-250 London ).

Churchill saw it coming.

AND WHO TOOK THE BUST OF CHURCHILL OUT OF THE WHITE HOUSE????

The OBAMA'S OF COURSE !!!!

“It is easier to fool people than it is to convince them they have been fooled.” – Mark Twain
I have always said that Churchill is my favorite non-american person in history. This just makes the case for that all the stronger.
What he did to help defeat the Germans when Britain was months away from total defeat is just amazing.

ch317273

I should have been more clear in sorry I meant be tough, regardless of what he did in Lebanon, he had the Iranians crappin themselves during the crisis bc once he was elected they knew he woulda turned Tehran into a 7 11.... I believe in my opinion the world respected America more in the Reagan years and although I do believe we shouldn't be in anyone's country being the worlds police, at this point due to the sequence of event s that have transpired throughout the last 30 or so years leading up to radical Islam in the present day, we should act and act swiftly and without having a hand tied behind our back by the liberal media...women and children over there ARE soldiers, or directly work with terrorist cells, saw it first hand for 2 years in korengal valley In Afghanistan with the 1st marines

ch317273

I thought under Reagan, we got hit and he ordered everyone to pack up and come home!
Well I hear ya and although true only explains half the situation at the time which was the hit my brother marines in Lebanon came when radicals in the region where only beginning to fully organize into what they have become today, which is why I believe reagn pulled out in the attempt to not escalate a situation which unfortunately has today escalated into a full fledged war waged against western culture or anyone not Islamic by these radical groups, and although loss of american marines was a terrible loss, barbarianism and lighting POWS on fire or terrorism on US soil had not occurred at that time.... I see reagns move as a last attempt at not escalating a war, which unfortunately is not the case today

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Today:
_80885856_alabama3.jpg

Yesterday:
gsTw9a0.jpg

Babagounj

Strength through joy
A Romany Gypsy family face having to exhume the body of a recently-buried relative because of a row over grave plots at Burbage Cemetery.

Shadrack Smith was buried at the Lychgate Lane cemetery after a traditional Romany funeral on Friday .

His family brought three plots they picked which faced his home at Aston Firs - a tradition in Romany culture.

But since they purchased the plots the family of a Muslim man, who was already buried on the site, have objected to 89-year-old Mr Smith being buried next to him, despite the cemetery being billed as open to all faiths and denominations.
“We have no issues with the Muslim family. I think they were under the impression it was a Muslim plot but it isn’t. But they should have tolerance to us.