The religion of peace strikes again...

Lue C Fur

Evil member
All polarized thinking is unhealthy. Polarized = extreme. It's true. I don't care what side ur on if you can't hear the other side you're screwed up.
Its funny how you say one thing but do the complete opposite. Maybe you just forget some of the comments you made and needed to be reminded.
You went a really really really long way to get the rest of what you wrote from me.
Really? How far back did i got to find your comments?
Like so far away it ain't happening.
You did not say those things? Maybe there is a Hubrat impostor...
Better luck next time!
Luck for what?

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I'm confused not once has anyone called Rush a drug addict, which he was. Or have you forgotten ?

He apparently has, because he attributes his hearing loss to "medical issues", not drug abuse. What is the #1 side effect of heavy Oxycontin abuse? Hearing loss, hence the cochlear implants. Rush used to advocate the death penalty for drug addicts, yet fails to admit he was one. One of his biggest sponsors is a hearing implant company, so I guess it would be bad business to tell the truth.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
What is the #1 side effect of heavy Oxycontin abuse?
I would not know, but thank you for your personal knowledge.
Radio hosts getting free stuff is quite common. In Boston there is a host who has gotten laser eye care, hair implants, laser facial work, his teeth brighten, liposuction, lawn care ...all free. Also everyday a different business has food sent to his studio. ah, what a life

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
What is the #1 side effect of heavy Oxycontin abuse?
I would not know, but thank you for your personal knowledge.
Radio hosts getting free stuff is quite common. In Boston there is a host who has gotten laser eye care, hair implants, laser facial work, his teeth brighten, liposuction, lawn care ...all free. Also everyday a different business has food sent to his studio. ah, what a life

2+2=4 in Limbaugh's case. What are the odds of going completely deaf in both ears after never having a hearing issue before? Rush is a master marketer, I'll grant him that.

2+2=4 in Limbaugh's case. What are the odds of going completely deaf in both ears after never having a hearing issue before? Rush is a master marketer, I'll grant him that.
I'm pretty sure that I have read where Rush did, indeed, admit that he was addicted to Oxycontin. As I said before, I don't listen to Rush so I sure didn't hear him say so. At this point does it really matter if Rush is deaf because of that addiction? As far as I know, Rush isn't using tax dollars to get his implants ( If he is indeed getting them), or using public assistance in any form.
Did Rush just decide at some point to take Oxycontin for kicks or was there a reason? Was he setting around in a circle passing a bottle of pills with his buddies and everyone getting high? Did he burglarize people's homes or rob gas stations to support his habit? I think drawing a straight line between people that are addicted to an Rx prescribed for a specific purpose such as pain from an injury and a crack head is quit a stretch. And yes, I would feel the same if it were, say..Chris Mathews or anyone else that was going through this.

As far as you question: "What are the odds of going completely deaf in both ears after never having a hearing issue before?", I honestly have no idea and I doubt you do either. I do know I have hearing loss in both ears and have never taken anything stronger than ibuprofen on a regular basis.

moreluck

golden ticket member
I'm pretty sure that I have read where Rush did, indeed, admit that he was addicted to Oxycontin. As I said before, I don't listen to Rush so I sure didn't hear him say so. At this point does it really matter if Rush is deaf because of that addiction? As far as I know, Rush isn't using tax dollars to get his implants ( If he is indeed getting them), or using public assistance in any form.
Did Rush just decide at some point to take Oxycontin for kicks or was there a reason? Was he setting around in a circle passing a bottle of pills with his buddies and everyone getting high? Did he burglarize people's homes or rob gas stations to support his habit? I think drawing a straight line between people that are addicted to an Rx prescribed for a specific purpose such as pain from an injury and a crack head is quit a stretch. And yes, I would feel the same if it were, say..Chris Mathews or anyone else that was going through this.

As far as you question: "What are the odds of going completely deaf in both ears after never having a hearing issue before?", I honestly have no idea and I doubt you do either. I do know I have hearing loss in both ears and have never taken anything stronger than ibuprofen on a regular basis.

Here's the CNN story about it.....it was a spinal surgery he had and then became addicted to the pain pills.
http://articles.cnn.com/2003-10-10/...gh-inaccuracies-and-distortions?_s=PM:SHOWBIZ

What are the odds of going completely deaf in both ears after never having a hearing issue before?
Pete Townsend
Only the Lord knows what all Pete Townsend has ingested in his live time. LOL Although, I would bet that his hearing loss was because of the loud atmosphere he spent most of his life in.
I have heard radio personalities, DJs mainly, blaming hearing loss on th wearing of headphones as much as they do.

wkmac

The religion of "disturbing the Peace" is at it again, this time with some serious American Iron!

[video=youtube;RnksCdLqm2g]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RnksCdLqm2g[/video]

wkmac

Gee, I wonder how many women are in this sport ??

Gee, in this video above I saw at least 1. She's dressed in dark jeans/black tank top and is seen at the 2:19 mark in the video as a Pro Mod car is doing a burnout.

Oh, and don't dare look through "MANY" of the vids posted on YouTube from the region on drag racing as you might see more and none are in burka's or veils either!

Opps! Try again.
:wink2:

Gee, in this video above I saw at least 1. She's dressed in dark jeans/black tank top and is seen at the 2:19 mark in the video as a Pro Mod car is doing a burnout.

Oh, and don't dare look through "MANY" of the vids posted on YouTube from the region on drag racing as you might see more and none are in burka's or veils either!

Opps! Try again.
:wink2:
It's not uncommon for Saudi women to dress outside of traditional, have a feeling this wouldn't be tolerated in most muslim countries.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
KUALA LUMPUR, Malaysia (AP) — Islamic clerics in a Malaysian state want Muslims to avoid a popular dance they claim has Christian influences.
The “poco-poco” is a line dance that is common at social events in Muslim-majority Malaysia. It is widely thought to have originated in Indonesia.
Islamic scholars in Malaysia’s Perak state say they believe the “poco-poco” is traditionally a Christian dance and that its steps make the sign of the cross.
State cleric Harussani Idris Zakaria said Friday the scholars have issued an edict forbidding the dance.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
(Business Insider)Al Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula (AQAP) has declared Yemen’s Abyan province an “Islamic Emirate” and banned women from going outside, according to Eurasia Review and accounts from Yemeni journalists.
AQAP, which has established full control over the southern province, made an online statement Wednesday declaring Abyan an Islamic Emirate governed by Shariah.
The statement said women in the province should not go out except under necessary circumstances, “and she who urgently needs to go out, should be with one of her male relatives, and should have ID with her.”

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Islamabad (AsiaNews) — The Pakistani Interior Minister Rehman Malik — on the recommendation of President Asi Ali Zardari — has sent a letter to Pope Benedict XVI and the Secretary General of Interpol Ronald Nobel, in which calls on them to condemn the burning of the Koran and take action against the instigator, the American pastor Terry Jones. The Senate in Islamabad has also intervened on the episode, unanimously passing a resolution urging the U.S. to bring the controversial preacher to justice.
The mad act of Pastor Wayne Sapp, who last March 20 in Florida burned a Koran under the supervision of the evangelical preacher Terry Jones, has sparked controversy and violence. The initiative has been repeatedly strongly condemned by Christian leaders in Pakistan and India, defined as “an insane and disrespectful act” by a U.S. citizen that has nothing to do with the Christians of Pakistan. However, the burning of the Koran has sparked the reaction of Islamic fundamentalists who, in the space of a few days, have attacked three churches and killed two people, fueling the climate of fear and distrust within the Christian community.
The letter addressed to the head of Interpol, explains Rehman Malik, demands that the matter be treated as a case of “violent crime” and that urgent measures be taken for the future, to ensure such episodes are not repeated. The resolution adopted unanimously by the Senate, as well as requiring urgent action against the pastor Terry Jones, calls on all Muslim countries to express their indignation against the United States and the United Nations

Babagounj

Strength through joy
(AP) — An Afghan official says police have arrested the suspected mastermind behind the attack on a UN compound that killed seven of the world body’s foreign staff.
Rawof Taj, deputy police chief in Balkh province, said the suspected mastermind was from Kapisa province, a hotbed of the insurgency about 400 kilometres southeast of Mazar-i-Sharif, where the attack occurred.
Afghan protesters angered by the burning of a Koran by an obscure US pastor killed up to 20 UN staff, beheading two foreigners, when they overran a compound in a normally peaceful northern city on Friday in the worst-ever attack on the UN in Afghanistan.
At least eight foreigners were among the dead after attackers took out security guards, burned parts of the compound and climbed up blast walls to topple a guard tower, said Lal Mohammad Ahmadzai, a police spokesman for the northern region.
Five protesters were also killed and around 20 wounded.
Ya, I find this story to be a farce. All these killings because someone thousands of miles away burnt a book ?

Babagounj

Strength through joy
(Barnabas)- An Eritrean Christian is facing the death penalty in Saudi Arabia after being arrested for sharing his faith with Muslims.
Mussie Eyob was detained by the authorities at a mosque in Saudi’s second largest city, Jeddah, on 12 February. He had gone there to meet and talk with local Muslims after speaking about Christianity at the Eritrean Embassy for three days. Eyob was arrested for preaching to Muslims, an offence that carries the death penalty in Saudi Arabia.
Eyob, who was initially assumed to have mental health problems, was examined by doctors, who confirmed that he is fit for trial and sentencing. He was then transferred to the notorious high-security Briman Prison. His family are very concerned for his welfare there.
They visited Eyob on 20 March and found that he had lost weight, though he was in relatively good spirits. He said that he is ready to die for his faith in Christ.
Eyob, who committed to follow Christ just over two years ago, felt compelled to share his faith with local Muslims, despite the danger.
Saudi Arabia is a strictly Islamic country that follows an extreme and puritanical version of Islam, Wahhabism. The country claims that the Quran is its constitution and that all its laws and regulations are promulgated in line with sharia, which prescribes the death penalty for converts from Islam. Consequently most converts keep their faith secret.