The religion of peace strikes again...

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
no where in the Koran is there mentioned that burning a Koran is a crime.

The Afghan government fanned the flames here by lying and saying that multiple books had been burned, when there was apparently only one. So did Muslim clerics, who urged protestors to take revenge. There is no excuse for these actions. I've defended moderate Muslims many times, but there is no defense for murdering innocent people who had nothing to do with the actions of Mr. Jones.

bbsam

Staff member
It is, however, disrespectful (I won't go so far as to say Nazi-like, even though I just did) to bun any books in a symbol of extinguisihing differing ideas and thought.

bbsam

Staff member
Probably because the Christian, Islamic, and Jewish faiths all heralded from an oral rather than written tradition.

It is, however, disrespectful (I won't go so far as to say Nazi-like, even though I just did) to bun any books in a symbol of extinguisihing differing ideas and thought.
No doubt it is disrespectful and I would never done it or condone it. I wouldn't behead anyone for doing it either.

Probably because the Christian, Islamic, and Jewish faiths all heralded from an oral rather than written tradition.
I'm sure that is part of today's problem.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
KUALA LUMPUR, April 6 (Bernama) – The government can take action against people who abuse Quranic verses for certain interests and dispute all forms of worship by Muslims in this country.
Minister in the Prime Minister’s Department Datuk Seri Jamil Khir Baharom said this followed the special conference of the National Fatwa Council on Dec 3 last year to discuss issues including abuse of Quranic verses.
“The muzakarah agreed that non-Muslims who cite Quranic verses according to their own understanding without sincerity is an affront to the sanctity of al-Quran and can cause doubt and slander in society,” he told Dewan Rakyat Wednesday.
He was responding to a question from Datuk Ibrahim Ali (Independent-Pasir Mas) on whether the government intends to enact legislation so that non-Muslims did not dispute all forms of worship by Muslims like the ‘azan’ (call to prayer) and the Maulidur Rasul (Prophet Muhammad’s birthday) celebration.
Jamil said that any person who caused disharmony in society could be charged under Section 298 and 298A (1) of Penal Code (Revised) 1997.

wkmac

muslim-woman-6-150x150.jpg

BOOOO!

Amazing! The most powerful weapon they have is purely a mental one!

And one we self impose too.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Mardan (Agenzia Fides)“Convert or die”. Masih Gill, Christian from the city of Mardan, in the province of “Khyber Pakhtunkhwa” (Northern Pakistan), was threatened with these words by a group of Muslims with whom he had been speaking, after the recent episode of the burning of the Koran in the US. This event brought violent reactions in Pakistan (three churches attacked in a week) by Muslim extremists.
Local sources of say that Masih Gill simply defended his faith, saying that Christians respect all religions and do not nurture hostility towards anyone. The discussion then degenerated and the Muslims seriously threatened Gill. At the end of the fight, they also gave him intimidating notice that he would be incriminated for blasphemy.
Masih Gill, father, is now in hiding, and his family — thanks to the intervention of the Masihi Foundation who also defend Asia Bibi — will be transferred to a more secure place. The city of Mardan, in fact, is infested with radical Muslim groups which terrorise civilians, especially the religious minorities.