The religion of peace strikes again...

If the basis of the religion is to "kill the outsiders" ....that's all I need to hear and I don't want to study their holy book to understand them better....screw 'em, I'm outta there!!! Closed mind? So be it!!
But we do need to understand that not everyone that is a believer in Islam thinks that way anymore than all "christians" bomb abortion clinics.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Sharia law.....

Traditional Muslims who understand the Quran and the hadith believe that sharia (Islamic law) expresses the highest and best goals for all societies. It is the will of Allah.

http://www.americanthinker.com/2005/08/top_ten_reasons_why_sharia_is.html

To me it's like seeing zombies walking down the street. I'm not going to try to understand why they feel the need to eat living brains.....I'm running the other way knowing they will kill me to eat my brain!!

Sharia law.....

Traditional Muslims who understand the Quran and the hadith believe that sharia (Islamic law) expresses the highest and best goals for all societies. It is the will of Allah.

http://www.americanthinker.com/2005/08/top_ten_reasons_why_sharia_is.html

To me it's like seeing zombies walking down the street. I'm not going to try to understand why they feel the need to eat living brains.....I'm running the other way knowing they will kill me to eat my brain!!
LOL

bbsam

Staff member
So you choose to ignore the sheer numbers of people slaughtered? Hell yea, the body bag count is important, but not as much as the vast numbers of people of a given faith that declare anyone but their own should die. Religion isn't the threat, it is the people misusing the religion to literally commit genocide on the rest of the world, including you and me. Do you really believe any Islamic terrorist is going to ask you how you stand? I think not.

That's the point I was making. The religions of the world are vast enough and contain enough imagery so that those feeling oppressed and downtrodden can co-opt them to evil ends. Nowhere did I come even close to suggesting that religion "was the problem." In fact, I think it more likely that it is the solution. Find the most desolate and oppressed areas of the world and you find a land fertile for terrorism. Toss in a foul form of a millitant religion and watch what happens. Is it any wonder that communist countries all but out-lawed religion for decades? Or for that matter that Rome made a spectacle of torturing to death religious zealots of all stripes that did not acknowledge Cesar's primacy? Is it hard to see why Marx called religion the "opiate of the masses"?

bbsam

Staff member
gorrell.jpg

And just to refresh, this was the cartoon that More posted that I was originally commenting on.

That's the point I was making. The religions of the world are vast enough and contain enough imagery so that those feeling oppressed and downtrodden can co-opt them to evil ends. Nowhere did I come even close to suggesting that religion "was the problem." In fact, I think it more likely that it is the solution. Find the most desolate and oppressed areas of the world and you find a land fertile for terrorism. Toss in a foul form of a millitant religion and watch what happens. Is it any wonder that communist countries all but out-lawed religion for decades? Or for that matter that Rome made a spectacle of torturing to death religious zealots of all stripes that did not acknowledge Cesar's primacy? Is it hard to see why Marx called religion the "opiate of the masses"?
I'll give you that point and I don't disagree with most of what your point is.
My point is the treat to Americans is much worse from the radical muslim declaring jihad than from all the various whacko so called christians(Not saying this is right or should be ignored) put together.
The cartoon was funny because the Quakers and even the Mormons are pretty passive people, even in adversity. Well, at least I haven't heard of any recent be-headings either one has done.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
there you go again, what's this the 9th or tenth thread where you insist that barry is a muslim ?
You seem to be following the mantra of repeating to tell a lie so much that everyone finally believes it to be true, or is it something else ?
Are you quietly trying to tell everyone that you have super secret proof of this claim?
He can't be a muslim, since he brews his own alcoholic beer at the WH. And everyone knows that a true muslim never consumes alcohol.

wkmac

there you go again, what's this the 9th or tenth thread where you insist that barry is a muslim ?
You seem to be following the mantra of repeating to tell a lie so much that everyone finally believes it to be true, or is it something else ?
Are you quietly trying to tell everyone that you have super secret proof of this claim?
He can't be a muslim, since he brews his own alcoholic beer at the WH. And everyone knows that a true muslim never consumes alcohol.

If that's true, what does this say of some other alleged devout muslims?

MrFedEx

Engorged Member

One of the recurring themes on the Right is that Obama is a secret Muslim. I get all sorts of crap from my Right-Wing friends that say it consistently. The Muslim angle is also a cornerstone of the Birther movement, because many of them think that he is also a Muslim. I'm sure you're familiar with the claims about his father, his upbringing, and the rest of it.

I know Muslims who won't even touch a package if they know it has alcohol in it, and I also know some "Jack Muslims" who drink beer and wine. They run the gamut, just like Christians. There are all sorts of degrees of Islam, and some follow it to the letter, and others do not.

Lue C Fur

Evil member
One of the recurring themes on the Right is that Obama is a secret Muslim. Hey, thats just like the "recurring theme of the Left" that if you against Obama then your a racist., or in the tea party your a racist. :) I get all sorts of crap from my Right-Wing friends that say it consistently. I bet you get lots of crap from all your "Right-Wing friends"...The Muslim angle is also a cornerstone of the Birther movement, because many of them think that he is also a Muslim. I'm sure you're familiar with the claims about his father, his upbringing, and the rest of it. Im not...please fill us in.

I know Muslims who won't even touch a package if they know it has alcohol in it, and I also know some "Jack Muslims" who drink beer and wine. What is a "Jack Muslim"?They run the gamut, just like Christians. There are all sorts of degrees of Islam, and some follow it to the letter, and others do not.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member

A "Jack Muslim" is my term. It's like a "Jack Mormon", which means Mormons who drink, smoke, have affairs etc, and don't follow the religion very closely. I know Muslims who do the same thing, although most seem to be very devout.

The Right-Wing emails I get consistently claim that Obama was raised as a Muslim by his father, that he attended Muslim schools, and that his "Christianity" is just a ruse to cover his real beliefs. Huckabee recently said that Obama had been raised in Kenya (wrong), and has also hinted around at the possibility he's a Muslim.

On the racism deal. The Right consistently skirts the edges of racism with Obama. They nibble around the perimeter all the time without saying enough to get them in trouble legally. You know this. Just listen to Rush.

Lue C Fur

Evil member
A "Jack Muslim" is my term. It's like a "Jack Mormon", which means Mormons who drink, smoke, have affairs etc, and don't follow the religion very closely. I know Muslims who do the same thing, although most seem to be very devout. Do you think a Muslim would be upset that you lableled him a "Jack Muslim"?

The Right-Wing emails I get consistently claim that Obama was raised as a Muslim by his father, that he attended Muslim schools, and that his "Christianity" is just a ruse to cover his real beliefs. Huckabee recently said that Obama had been raised in Kenya (wrong), and has also hinted around at the possibility he's a Muslim. I remember Huckabee making the mistake but if you read the whole interview he was not actully saying that but when taken out of context i can see it being interpeted that way.

On the racism deal. The Right consistently skirts the edges of racism with Obama. Labeling everyone one the right that is against Obama as a racist really shows the bias you and the left media that is spoon feeding you...give it a break. They nibble around the perimeter all the time without saying enough to get them in trouble legally. You know this. No i dont know this and disagree...maybe you are paranoid? Just listen to Rush. You listen to him...i never have and dont plan on it. I try to stay away from obvious biased right media like Rush or Hannity just like i would not listen to obvious biased left Maddow or Mathews. You seem to watch more FOX news and Rush than most and you obivious hatred for anything right shows.[/QUOTE]

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
A "Jack Muslim" is my term. It's like a "Jack Mormon", which means Mormons who drink, smoke, have affairs etc, and don't follow the religion very closely. I know Muslims who do the same thing, although most seem to be very devout. Do you think a Muslim would be upset that you lableled him a "Jack Muslim"?

The Right-Wing emails I get consistently claim that Obama was raised as a Muslim by his father, that he attended Muslim schools, and that his "Christianity" is just a ruse to cover his real beliefs. Huckabee recently said that Obama had been raised in Kenya (wrong), and has also hinted around at the possibility he's a Muslim. I remember Huckabee making the mistake but if you read the whole interview he was not actully saying that but when taken out of context i can see it being interpeted that way.

On the racism deal. The Right consistently skirts the edges of racism with Obama. Labeling everyone one the right that is against Obama as a racist really shows the bias you and the left media that is spoon feeding you...give it a break. They nibble around the perimeter all the time without saying enough to get them in trouble legally. You know this. No i dont know this and disagree...maybe you are paranoid? Just listen to Rush. You listen to him...i never have and dont plan on it. I try to stay away from obvious biased right media like Rush or Hannity just like i would not listen to obvious biased left Maddow or Mathews. You seem to watch more FOX news and Rush than most and you obivious hatred for anything right shows.[/QUOTE]

Dude, I don't care if a Muslim gets offended by my opinion..too bad. I have no love for radical Islam, but I'm just saying that the average Muslim isn't a threat to anyone, just like the average Christian isn't a "problem". I listen to Right Wing radio all the time in my truck (I don't watch FOX), and most of them race-bait all the time. Medved, Hannity, and O'Reilly won't stoop that low, and I admire them for that. Medved is particularly intelligent and does a good job of covering both sides of an issue.

I go after Rush because he is the main man for the Tea Baggers and the Right, and Rush Limbaugh is an out and out racist. A lot of people follow his every word, and good on you for not listening and having your own opinions. I listen because I want to know what is being fed to the Right by El Rushbo. The Left is frequently overly sensitive on the race issue, but Limbaugh consistently proves he is worthy of their criticism. The Tea Party support for West and past support for Colin Powell indicate that not all conservatives are racist, but the element does exist in the Right, especially in southern states that espouse racial equality but don't practice what they preach.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
The only time I really listened to Rush was when he had that gig at ESPN. I was watching the show ( I think it was Monday Night Countdown) when got up on his hind legs and said that the only reason Donovan McNabb had a job was because he was black. The other announcers were so stunned they didn't even really respond, they were just looking at him. It was a serious "WTF??" moment. He was fired the next day.