The religion of peace strikes again...

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
One of the most recent troubling events regarding Muslims and dogs is what is going on in Iran right now. The Iranian government has actually declared dogs to be un-Islamic and dirty. They are actually confiscating pet dogs and taking them to a filthy place and shoving them in small cages. Iran is threatening dog owners that they are un-Islamic. They are actually taking a risk to get their dog back. Their dog may die in the detention center or it may be given back providing that they never show dog in public. (source)

This has nothing to do with Muslims and dogs....it has everything to do with a repressive, totalitarian government and dogs.

moreluck

golden ticket member
This has nothing to do with Muslims and dogs....it has everything to do with a repressive, totalitarian government and dogs.
I beg to differ....the Koran, considered to be the words of Allah does not address dogs, BUT the Haddith, considered to be the words of Mohammed says that dogs are dirty and angels won't enter where dogs reside. Isn't Muhammed one huge dude with all the muslims?? Like Joseph Smith to Mormons?

hubrat

Squeaky Wheel
The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated" ~Gandhi (1869-1948)

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/10/25/world/asia/25dogs.html

IMHO anyone who believes without question 100% of any religious, political, or other doctrine is foolish, extreme, and is best avoided as dangerous.

Why my neighbors as I'm sure many others decided to immigrate to the USA. Folks should be allowed, IMO encouraged, to question authority and decide for themselves what is right.

hubrat

Squeaky Wheel
I agree although I wouldn't go as far as to say dangerous or even foolish. I guess it would depend on the type and scope of the danger.

If one does not question the relevance of a doctrine to his life or time, how does he determine it's veracity? How does he determine whether it's safe or dangerous, based on the say-so of some unseen or historical entity? Faith and trust only gets me so far. Blind faith might run me into a wall. Or worse.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
I beg to differ....the Koran, considered to be the words of Allah does not address dogs, BUT the Haddith, considered to be the words of Mohammed says that dogs are dirty and angels won't enter where dogs reside. Isn't Muhammed one huge dude with all the muslims?? Like Joseph Smith to Mormons?

The Holy Bible instructs us that women who are menstruating are unclean and must not come inside the house or sit or lie upon any clean thing for 7 days. It also states that it is acceptable for a man to commit adultery with a female slave as long as he pays her owner. It assigns women a "cash value" of 20 shekels less than a man. It also states that any person who commits adultery, has sex with a woman during her period, engages in any sort of homosexual behavior or commits offenses such as fortune-telling should be put to death by stoning. Its all right there in the Book of Leviticus.

The moral to this story...... is that if we are going to "cherry-pick" select phrases from the Koran or the Haddith or any other Islamic text in order to justify our predjudices against that faith, then it is only fair to do the same thing for Christianity.

wkmac

Is/was Leviticus a person? Maybe he was a maroon like Allah or Achmed or Muhammad.

Maybe...just MAYBE....all this religious stuff............ is a crock of............

If I went back to the bronze age, picked a religion and then brought it forth into our modern era, I'd be called everything from crazy to looney and yet the teachings of judaism, christianity and islam are all foundational rooted in bronze age belief and dogma! Someone had it correct when they pointed out the cherry picking going on!

moreluck

golden ticket member
Is/was Leviticus a person? Maybe he was a maroon like Allah or Achmed or Muhammad.

Maybe...just MAYBE....all this religious stuff............ is a crock of............

Title
In Hebrew the book is called Vayikra (Hebrew: ויקרא) literally "and He called",[2] from the first word of the Hebrew text. In the Septuagint, the name given was biblion to Levitikon (Greek: βιβλίον το Λευιτικόν), meaning "book of the Levites," in line with the Septuagint use of subject themes as book names. The Latin name became Liber Leviticus, from which the English name is derived. These names are somewhat misleading, as the first 17 chapters of the book are mostly concerned with the priesthood descended from Aaron, who only compose a fraction of the tribe of Levi. The Levites at large are mentioned only once, in Lev. 25:32-33.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
(Daily Mail) — Women who do not wear headscarves are being threatened with violence and even death by Islamic extremists intent on imposing sharia law on parts of Britain, it was claimed today.
Other targets of the ‘Talibanesque thugs’, being investigated by police in the Tower Hamlets area of London, include homosexuals.
Stickers have been plastered on public walls stating: ‘Gay free zone. Verily Allah is severe in punishment’.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Oh yeah, this makes me want to put my arms around Muslims and sing Kumbaya...................B.S. !!!
This Sharia stuff is just plain dangerous!!

Last edited:

moreluck

golden ticket member
The damn muslims also want the U.S. Courts to have a Sharia section for just when muslims are in court. We have a law system here. If it is not sufficient for your needs Mr. Muslim, then go back where you came from and you can stone women and cut off people's hands all you want....BUT NOT HERE !

bbsam

Staff member
The damn muslims also want the U.S. Courts to have a Sharia section for just when muslims are in court. We have a law system here. If it is not sufficient for your needs Mr. Muslim, then go back where you came from and you can stone women and cut off people's hands all you want....BUT NOT HERE !
Really. Where do you come up with this crap? It doesn't matter what some radical Muslim spouts off. It ain't happenin' so why all the hysteria?