The religion of peace strikes again...

tourists24

When the reality of truth comes crashing down. Very powerful and very courageous piece of film!

So what does this prove WK? And what if God IS bad? what's the answer? Or even better, does it mean there is no God? How did we all get here and what happens when we die? All you are doing is stirring the pot right? Faith is a tough thing for sure, but what is also sure, man cannot out think it.

wkmac

When you lose focus that all forms of religious fundamentalism are dangerous is when reality always comes a calling to wake you up.

No religion is any better or worse when the elements of fundamentalism creep in and control it. The hard part is for religion in general to maintain itself while trying to say these bronze and iron age teaching in our modern and wiser world are not meant to be taken literal and yet still not appear the inconsistent hypocrite as in denying the word of god. How for example do you encourage the "honoring of father and mother" and yet argue that the death penalty for back talking children is no longer in force? In another age, Casey Anthony could claim her daughter dishonored her and the murder, opps check that, the execution of Caylee would be completely justified under biblical law. What sayeth yee Jesus?

You have let go of the commands of God and are holding on to the traditions of men."
And he said to them: "You have a fine way of setting aside the commands of God in order to observe your own traditions! For Moses said, 'Honor your father and your mother,' and, 'Anyone who curses his father or mother must be put to death.'
Mark 7:8-10

and

I tell you the truth, until heaven and earth disappear, not the smallest letter, not the least stroke of a pen, will by any means disappear from the Law until everything is accomplished.
Matthew 5:18

All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness,
2 Timothy 3:16

All Casey had to do was walk in that court of christian America and in front of a christian jury and declare she was following the words of Jesus and of God himself to the letter and when Casey dishonored her mother, the law was invoked. Now it's the christian duty of the courts and jury to thank Casey for her christian stand, all bow and thank god and then Casey is on her way. Oh extreme of me you say? No such thing in christianity as that?

So you want to deny the literal of the bible?

I warn everyone who hears the words of the prophecy of this book: If anyone adds anything to them, God will add to him the plagues described in this book. And if anyone takes words away from this book of prophecy, God will take away from him his share in the tree of life and in the holy city, which are described in this book.
Revelation 22:18 I think ole' Jesus also said, "depart from me as I never knew you!"

And you've been thinking I'm the one playing with fire and damnation!

We are under grace you say, not the law so now what happens that be true to the original 10 commandments, are they of no effect either? So what happens to the argument that without religion there is no morality? What happens to what Jesus said in "love the lord your god with all your heart and love your neighbor as thyself"? Talk about the perfect cliffnote version of the big 10, Jesus nailed it!

There in lay the dilemma of religion and the struggles with fundamentalism. Even the most peaceful and well intended of any faith are met with a challenge that IMO at the end of the day can't be overcome without undermining the foundational belief that the holy book itself is the actual words of some all powerful, all present, all knowing god or at the least the word of man completely inspired eg controlled by the hand of god.

GothDeathAngel.jpg

I think somebody is waiting on you and I'll save you the warmest spot by the fire. I mean what are friends for!
:happy-very:
GothDeathAngel.jpg

tourists24

That's what makes it so hard to believe WK. Of course why would you care if you are a non believer? You take these verses and make them look one way. My preacher will come with those exact verses and show the good if you take the entire context of it. I dont see in Mark 7 where it gives the right to parents to murder their children on their whim. Put to death is the ultimate price of sin but that doesnt mean go out and kill everyone. What is your faith? Yourself?

Babagounj

Strength through joy
KABUL (BNO NEWS) — Suspected members of the Taliban on Friday hung the 8-year-old son of a local police commander in southern Afghanistan after ordering his father to surrender, according to a news report on Saturday.
The Deutsche Presse-Agentur (DPA) news agency reported that the young boy was kidnapped by militants in the Greshk district of Helmand province on Tuesday. They had ordered his father to surrender to the Taliban or else the boy would be executed.
“The militants had warned his father, who is a local police commander, to surrender with his police vehicle and weapons, otherwise they would kill his son,” provincial governor spokesman Daud Ahmadi told DPA. The boy was hung on Friday.

wkmac

Sweetie, go back and read history in the 1980's and learn who built all those Madrassas in the Af-Pak region (and what purpose they really served) you guys are always screaming about. And how do you think we knew where all those Al Qaeda training camps were?
:surprised:

A little study of US Foreign Policy and it's actions will reveal so much!

moreluck

golden ticket member
Going back to the '80's?????..........things changed 9-11-01. All my thoughts started right there and continue from that date!!! I don't really care what happened before that date.

moreluck

golden ticket member
There's suppose to be a special on FOX News on honor killings. Saturday night at 10 Eastern. I plan on taping it.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Was it the one with Bill Hemmert in it ??

I've never seen it and it happens in our hood, so I'm interested in finding out about it.

The DIY channel is the "Do It Yourself" network.......does that mean kill your daughters yourself or what?

Last edited: