The religion of peace strikes again...

Babagounj

Strength through joy
(BBC) — A radio station run by Somalia’s al-Shabab Islamist group has awarded weapons to children who won a Koran-reciting and general knowledge contest.
Andulus radio, based near Mogadishu, gave the group which won first prize in the Ramadan competition an AK-47 rifle and the equivalent of $700 (£450).
The second prize-winners received an AK-47 and $500, while the third prize was two hand grenades and $400.

Four children, aged 10-17, were chosen to represent each district in the competition held during the Muslim holy month of Ramadan, which ended in August.
“Youths should use one hand for education and the other for a gun to defend Islam,” senior al-Shabab official Mukhtar Robow told the prize-giving ceremony in Elasha, 20km (12 miles) from Mogadishu.
The winners were also given religious books.
The BBC’s Mohamed Moalimu in Mogadishu says this is the third year the contest has been held.

moreluck

golden ticket member
CAIR Demands FBI Stop Teaching Its Agents About Islam…

Of course, so they can focus on stopping those pesky tea party terrorists.
WASHINGTON — The Council on American-Islamic Relations (CAIR) today joined a coalition of other civil rights and advocacy organizations in calling on the FBI to eliminate anti-Muslim bias from the system used to train its agents.

At a press conference this morning outside FBI headquarters in Washington, D.C., CAIR and the other groups expressed concerns about persistent reports that FBI agents are trained to view mainstream American Muslims with suspicion and to view the faith of Islam itself as the source of terrorism and extremism.

News conference participants — including representatives of CAIR, the Bill of Rights Defense Committee, Defending Dissent Foundation, and the Islamic Circle of North America (ICNA) Council for Social Justice — called for internal reforms to deal with the issue.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Sunday, September 25, 2011
Pakistan: Christian Schoolgirl Accused Of Blasphemy Over Spelling Error, Muslim Clerics Demand Entire Family Be Punished…

Life as a Christian living in Islamic lands is not fun.
ABBOTTABAD — It may have been a mere misplaced dot that led to accusations of blasphemy against a Christian eighth-grader, whose miniscule error led to her expulsion from school and uproar amongst local religious leaders.

Faryal Bhatti, a student at the Sir Syed Girls High School in Pakistan Ordnance Factories (POF) colony Havelian, erroneously misspelt a word in an Urdu exam while answering a question on a poem written in praise of the Holy Prophet (PBUH). The word in question was ‘laanat’ instead of ‘naat’ — an easy error for a child to make, as the written versions of the words are similar.

According to the school administration and religious leaders who took great exception to the hapless student’s mistake, the error is ‘serious’ enough to fall within the realm of blasphemy, Saturday.
On Thursday, Faryal’s Urdu teacher was collecting the answer sheets from her students when she noticed the apparently offensive word on her pupil’s sheet. The teacher, Fareeda Bibi, reportedly summoned the Christian girl, scolded her and beat her. Her punishment, however, did not end here. When Faryal’s class fellows learnt of the alleged blasphemy, the teacher brought the principal’s notice to the matter, who further informed the school management.

In the meanwhile, the news spread throughout the colony. The next day, male students of the POF colony school as well as certain religious elements took out a rally, demanding the registration of a criminal case against the eighth-grader and her expulsion from the area.

Prayer leaders within the community also condemned the incident in their Friday sermons, asking the colony’s administration to not only take action against Faryal but her entire family. In the wake of the increasing tensions, Managing Director POF Colony Havelian Asif Siddiki called a meeting of colony-based ulemas and school teachers to discuss the situation. The girl and her mother were asked to appear before the meeting, where they explained that it was a mere error, caused by a resemblance between the two words. The two immediately apologised, adding that Faryal had no malicious intentions.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
(CDN) — Muslim extremists bent on ridding Nigeria’s volatile middle region of Christianity killed five Christians in Niger state on Thursday (Sept. 22) and three others the previous week in the north-central state of Kaduna, including a 13-year-old girl, sources said.
Suspected militants from the Boko Haram Islamic sect in the Niger state town of Madala went to shops owned by Christians at a market at about 8 p.m., ordering them to recite verses from the Quran, eyewitnesses told Compass. If the Christian traders were unable to recite the verses, the gunmen shot and killed them, they said.
The sound of the gunshots compelled Christians to call police in nearby Suleja, and officers arrived to find five Christians had already been killed. Richard Adamu Oguche, a spokesman for the Niger State Police Command in the state capital of Minna, confirmed that five Christians had been killed.
He told Compass the attack was linked to members of the Boko Haram Islamic sect who have recently bombed Christian sites.
Killed in the Madala market attacks were Sunday Emmanuel, John Kalu, Uche Nguweze, and Oliver Ezemah. The identity of the fifth Christian was not immediately known as witnesses could not identify him.

wkmac

These damn stone age, bloodthirsty animals killing another daughter all because of......uh.........what.........THAT'S IMPOSSIBLE!

These coldblooded savages aren't capable of such love and compassion!

moreluck

golden ticket member
These damn stone age, bloodthirsty animals killing another daughter all because of......uh.........what.........THAT'S IMPOSSIBLE!

These coldblooded savages aren't capable of such love and compassion!
You forgot to read the story......not honor killing, but wanting to kill the pastor of a Christian church if he doesn't give up his faith.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Let's do a social study on this faith.
We will put different groups of the these people in one place and see how long it takes for them to kill each other off because of their different ideas about the same religion.
Shouldn't take to long .

Lue C Fur

Evil member
You forgot to read the story......not honor killing, but wanting to kill the pastor of a Christian church if he doesn't give up his faith.

I think his wife and 2 kids are being threatend also.

Its nice how we allow religions to come to America and build places of worship and then preach hate without any persecution...and we are the bad guys.

wkmac

I read it Moreluck but the way you Xenophobes frame the construct, honor killings among muslims is as natural as drinking water. Seems this Pakastani family undermines this "one size must fit all" construct. Ashame you don't know your religious history and origins of religious laws to know where such brutal legal concepts even come from in the first place.

Funny how that concept of god you so adamantly defend is the very source of the brutality you allege to detest!

Dare you to ripe the page from your bible and declare your god wrong. Seems from your POV that the god of whom you worship was a muslim too!

moreluck

golden ticket member
I don't recall history of Muslims showing dads running over daughters in SUVs. It's the todays that bother me. Killing is wrong I don't care what your religion is. ......war & capitol punishment being the exception for me. But, that's just me.

Buddybrown

Funny how that concept of god you so adamantly defend is the very source of the brutality you allege to detest!
The source of the brutality is man not God. God represents peace, love and spiritual freedom for most of those who follow him, it is when they let themselves get in the way in where the problems begin. You can have war without religion but you cannot have peace without God, PERIOD.

klein

Für Meno :)
The source of the brutality is man not God. God represents peace, love and spiritual freedom for most of those who follow him, it is when they let themselves get in the way in where the problems begin. You can have war without religion but you cannot have peace without God, PERIOD.

I dare to differ !

Sweden has a population of 85% atheist. They don't believe in religion.
No wonder it's among one of the best places on the planet to live according to UN stats.

And I may add, Sweden is very socialized. Yup, they take from the rich and give to the poor.
No one is really poor there, and they love it that way.
They take care of each other.

moreluck

golden ticket member
You are pulling stuff out of your butt again................Atheists are around 15% BIG DIFFERENCE !!! Do you just make this stuff up?

"For hundreds of years, the Church of Sweden, an Evangelical Lutheran church, represented the religion of state. However, in 2000, the Church and government placed into effect a formal separation of church and state, with a stipulation that the Church of Sweden will continue to receive a certain degree of state support. According to recent estimates, about 84% of the population belong to the Church of Sweden. Roman Catholics constitute about 0.02% of the populace, with about 150,000 members. About 100,000 people are members of Christian Orthodox churches, including Greek, Serbian, Syrian, Romanian, and Macedonian. The number of Muslims is at about 350,000, with about 100,000 active practitioners primarily of the Sunni and Shi'a branches. There are also about 20,000 Jews (Orthodox, Conservative, and Reform), with about half being active. Buddhists and Hindus number around 3,000 to 4,000 each. It is estimated that about 15% to 20% of the adult population are atheists. "

Read more: Religions - Sweden http://www.nationsencyclopedia.com/Europe/Sweden-RELIGIONS.html#ixzz1ZOcTratU

klein

Für Meno :)
Who knows, maybe my sourse wasn't right ?

What country is the least religious?

I mean which country has the least followers of religion?
I know Denmark and Sweden are fairly non religious.
I believe Brazil has the highest followers of JW (mad brazilians!!)
What about others?
Im from the UK.
  • 3 years ago
Best Answer - Chosen by Asker

1. Sweden (up to 85% non-believer, atheist, agnostic)
2. Vietnam
3. Denmark
4. Norway
5. Japan
6. Czech Republic
7. Finland
8. France
9. South Korea
10. Estonia (up to 49% non-believer, atheist, agnostic)

Who knows, maybe my sourse wasn't right ?

What country is the least religious?

I mean which country has the least followers of religion?
I know Denmark and Sweden are fairly non religious.
I believe Brazil has the highest followers of JW (mad brazilians!!)
What about others?
Im from the UK.
  • 3 years ago
Best Answer - Chosen by Asker

1. Sweden (up to 85% non-believer, atheist, agnostic)
2. Vietnam
3. Denmark
4. Norway
5. Japan
6. Czech Republic
7. Finland
8. France
9. South Korea
10. Estonia (up to 49% non-believer, atheist, agnostic)

I would be inclined to trust encyclopedia of the nations above an unknown individual from ASK. com. What were the other answers that didn't make your choice?