The religion of peace strikes again...

moreluck

golden ticket member
Try changing words in the Koran and they'll cut your head off........

New Bible Translation Removes “Father” And “Son” From The Trinity Because Terms “Offensive To Muslims”…

What the ….?
(Yahoo! News) — A controversy is brewing over three reputable Christian organizations, which are based in North America, whose efforts have ousted the words “Father” and “Son” from new Bibles. Wycliffe Bible Translators, Summer Institute of Linguistics (SIL) and Frontiers are under fire for “producing Bibles that remove “Father,” “Son” and “Son of God” because these terms are offensive to Muslims.”

Concerned Christian missionaries, Bible translators, pastors, and national church leaders have come together with a public petition to stop these organizations. They claim a public petition is their last recourse because meetings with these organizations’ leaders, staff resignations over this issue and criticism and appeals from native national Christians concerned about the translations “have failed to persuade these agencies to retain “Father” and “Son” in the text of all their translations.”

Biblical Missiology, a ministry of Boulder, Colorado-based Horizon International, is sponsoring the petition.
The main issues of this controversy surround new Arabic and Turkish translations. Here are three examples native speakers give:
First, Wycliffe and SIL have produced Stories of the Prophets, an Arabic Bible that uses an Arabic equivalent of “Lord” instead of “Father” and “Messiah” instead of “Son.”

Second, Frontiers and SIL have produced Meaning of the Gospel of Christ , an Arabic translation which removes “Father” in reference to God and replaces it with “Allah,” and removes or redefines “Son.” For example, the verse which Christians use to justify going all over the world to make disciples, thus fulfilling the Great Commission (Matthew 28:19) reads, “Cleanse them by water in the name of Allah, his Messiah and his Holy Spirit” instead of “baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit.” Rev. Bassam Madany, an Arab American who runs Middle East Resources, terms these organization’s efforts as “a western imperialistic attempt that’s inspired by cultural anthropology, and not by biblical theology.”

bbsam

Staff member
Why on earth does this matter to anyone who is not reading that translation? There are so many translations, why is this one so offensive?

moreluck

golden ticket member
Why on earth does this matter to anyone who is not reading that translation? There are so many translations, why is this one so offensive?
It's just not right to substitute 'Allah' wherever........If they want Allah in their Koran, that's fine. Can I substitute GOD for Allah in their book? Mind your own damn stuff and leave the rest alone.

Intrusion is one of the worst offenses to me. They go somewhere and expect the existing laws to change just for them.

It's just another way they are inching in .....Shariah law in our courts? Our laws have to be good enough or they can leave and go to where Shariah is practiced.. Driver's license pictures in full burkas.....wth??

I have no tolerance for anyone who tries to throw their weight around acting the bully.

They have their religion, they can practice as they wish, but don't infringe on mine!!!

texan

It's just not right to substitute 'Allah' wherever........If they want Allah in their Koran, that's fine. Can I substitute GOD for Allah in their book? Mind your own damn stuff and leave the rest alone.

Intrusion is one of the worst offenses to me. They go somewhere and expect the existing laws to change just for them.

It's just another way they are inching in .....Shariah law in our courts? Our laws have to be good enough or they can leave and go to where Shariah is practiced.. Driver's license pictures in full burkas.....wth??

I have no tolerance for anyone who tries to throw their weight around acting the bully.

They have their religion, they can practice as they wish, but don't infringe on mine!!!

Very well said.

bbsam

Staff member
Very well said.

Am I to believe that there are people here so pious as to be offended at the existece of a translation of a book that they will probably never lay eyes on? Remember the wisdom of your mother: your nose ends at the end of your face. If you don't like what you smell, step back.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Am I to believe that there are people here so pious as to be offended at the existece of a translation of a book that they will probably never lay eyes on? Remember the wisdom of your mother: your nose ends at the end of your face. If you don't like what you smell, step back.
There was an entire nation raving mad at a southern preacher who was going to burn one Koran. What's the dif?

MrFedEx

Engorged Member

OMG... Where do I begin? How about if I just say that you are the poster child for Fox News?

texan

OMG... Where do I begin? How about if I just say that you are the poster child for Fox News?

I believe she has accurately reflected what others think and feel about this current evil wave that is spreading upon
the world like a plague of locust.

Moreluck started at the top of her post with a statement if you attempt to change words of the Koran and publish it, violence and extreme outrage would occur.

As far as Fox News, it really drives the left to grind their teeth that the ratings for Fox News’s
2012-to-date Primetime average is topping CNN and MSNBC combined.
Ratings - TVNewser

texan

Read post 1007.

You may be missing the whole point of the objections. This version isn't just a different translation. This goes far beyond what name anyone uses for God. Most Christian based faiths adhere to the Trinity as taught in the Bible, to remove that is considered blasphemy.

More is correct. The followers of Islam can put anything they want into the Koran but removing(or adding) text from the Bible because certain words don't set with with some one is wrong.

Actually your responses on this topic surprise me.

bbsam

Staff member

Read post 1007.

I did. And post 1007 does not negate the fact that the Bible has been translated hundreds if not thousands of times. In fact, it is most likely that Jesus never referred to himself as the "Son of God" as that would not have been a phrase in aramaic which would have meant anything to his followers. It is a term dating later and of distinctly Roman influence. But where would Christianity be today
without riding the Roman wave?

Regardless the violence shown by some of another religion, please explain the justification Jesus would give for such disdain. Can you say that this translation will not bring muslims to Christ? How many names does God recognize for himself? Does he answer to God? Yaweh? Christ? Jesus? Lord? Master? Allah? How do you know? How many rooms are there in the Kingdom of Heaven and can God not call his followers by whatever vessel he chooses?