The religion of peace strikes again...

moreluck

golden ticket member
Seriously?

Do you realize how sectarian you are?

No. I'm not the "secretary"-type !!

Dearborn happens to have the highest Muslim population outside a Muslim Country !! (the secretary gathers FACTS) If you want to know what's really going on, ask the secretary,not the boss.

roadrunner2012

Four hours in the mod queue for a news link
Troll
There are less than 100,000 people in Dearborn and about 40,000 are of Arab descent. A great many of these are Lebanese Christians. In fact most 'Arabs' in Dearborn are Lebanese.

moreluck

golden ticket member
There are less than 100,000 people in Dearborn and about 40,000 are of Arab descent. A great many of these are Lebanese Christians. In fact most 'Arabs' in Dearborn are Lebanese.

"An in-depth look at Dearborn, Michigan, a suburb of Detroit that - home to the second largest Arab population outside the Middle East - some call "America's Muslim capital."
Dearborn, Michigan: America's Muslim Capital | Planetizen: The Urban Planning, Design, and Development Network

As long as you are the official kibbeh rep. carry on with your "Dearborn is wonderful" campaign.

roadrunner2012

Four hours in the mod queue for a news link
Troll
The article correctly states that there are about 40,000 people of Arab descent. It incorrectly states that is the largest Arab population outside of the Middle East. It implies that they are all Muslim, which is not true.

New York, London, Paris, Berlin, are among cities have more people of Arab descent.

wkmac

"An in-depth look at Dearborn, Michigan, a suburb of Detroit that - home to the second largest Arab population outside the Middle East - some call "America's Muslim capital."
Dearborn, Michigan: America's Muslim Capital | Planetizen: The Urban Planning, Design, and Development Network

As long as you are the official kibbeh rep. carry on with your "Dearborn is wonderful" campaign.

Seems you failed to read your link.

Dearborn is a microcosm of the Middle East planted in the Midwestern United States. The roughly 40,000 Arab Americans of Dearborn (out of 100,000 total residents) defy the myth many Americans hold of a unified Muslim world. While there are some radical Islamists, Dearborn’s growing Muslim population runs the gamut from international traders to educated professionals to local business owners. Every Arab nationality and religious sect is found in Dearborn, from Yemeni traditionalists to secular modernists.

moreluck

golden ticket member
"Every Arab nationality and religious sect is found in Dearborn, from Yemeni traditionalists to secular modernists..."

Maybe I don't consider this a plus the way you seem to .

afterthought

Iraq car bombs kill 64, target Eid celebrations

Reuters) - A series of car bombs in mainly Shi'ite areas of Baghdad killed 50 people and wounded 140 on Saturday, in
what appeared to be coordinated attacks on people celebrating the end of the Muslim fasting month of Ramadan.
Ten separate blasts targeting markets, busy shopping streets and parks where families like to mark Eid, were part
of a surge in sectarian violence in Iraq since the start of the year.
Car bombs kill nearly 80 in Iraq, target Eid festivities | Reuters

afterthought

Terrorists Strike Catholic School Pres Obama Attended In Jakarta As A Child

This school is the same Obama discusses having gone to as a child in his many thousands of biographical novels.

Molotov cocktails thrown at Jakarta Catholic school

JAKARTA, Indonesia – Two Molotov cocktails were lobbed into the backyard of a private Catholic high school in Tebet, South
Jakarta early Tuesday (August 6th), local media reported.
Molotov cocktails thrown at Jakarta Catholic school - khabarsoutheastasia.com

moreluck

golden ticket member
135650_600.jpg

moreluck

golden ticket member
If we had sand in every crevice we'd be irritated too !!!
So they don't make bombs, they don't bomb things and kill people they don't beat their wives, they don't behead Christians....gee, maybe I've got it all wrong. NOT !!
Oh, it's just the radical ones I have to watch out for..........I can't spot the difference, so all are suspect.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
So they don't make bombs, they don't bomb things and kill people they don't beat their wives, they don't behead Christians....gee, maybe I've got it all wrong. NOT !!
Oh, it's just the radical ones I have to watch out for..........I can't spot the difference, so all are suspect.

If you're watching out for people making bombs and killing people, including civilians, maybe you should be watching out for the US military too.

Did you ever stop to ask yourself WHY some radical Muslims are so set on killing us? Don't just say because they are crazy or their religion tells them to. Why do you think these crazy people choose the U.S. to attack? Maybe you should read the 9/11 Commission Report and get back to me.

moreluck

golden ticket member
I'll make up my own mind and read what I want. The only time we need to watch out for our military is when it involves people like that Ft. Hood guy....Maj. What's his face.
You are not going to change my thinking.....I've been avoiding business run by ............. for 30 years now....way before 9-11. It's my way and you have your way. That's why this country is great.
I'm the one who walks into a car dealership and asks for a salesman that speaks English !! If I can't understand them, I don't want them trying to help me. Same on the phone........I just hang up on anyone I can't understand. I do'tcare if you'e Middle Eastern, Spanish, or what..........I'm an equal opportunity hanger upper!!!

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
You are entitled to your own opinion. You are not entitled to your own set of facts. But yes, you are entitled to ignore the facts and keep your head in the sand.

Since you won't read the facts I'll throw them right here for you. The 9/11 Commission Report and the CIA have said 9/11 happened as a direct result of blowback. These crazy people choose us to attack because we have been bombing them and occupying their countries for decades. It's going to keep happening unless we seriously overhaul our foreign policy in regards to military action, covert or otherwise.

Why are we losing American lives for some third world country? These people have been fighting each other over barren strips of land for hundreds of years. Why are we there... we can't fix their problems.

Last edited:

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Also, why are we sending ANY $$$$ out of this country ???

Cut the funds !!

My mantra!

Glad we have found something to agree on. We should start cutting spending abroad, with the hundreds of Military bases around the world. Also aid to Israel, Africa, and whatever other place we send our tax dollars to.

wkmac

You are entitled to your own opinion. You are not entitled to your own set of facts. But yes, you are entitled to ignore the facts and keep your head in the sand.

Since you won't read the facts I'll throw them right here for you. The 9/11 Commission Report and the CIA have said 9/11 happened as a direct result of blowback. These crazy people choose us to attack because we have been bombing them and occupying their countries for decades. It's going to keep happening unless we seriously overhaul our foreign policy in regards to military action, covert or otherwise.

Why are we losing American lives for some third world country? These people have been fighting each other over barren strips of land for hundreds of years. Why are we there... we can't fix their problems.

Nice try, you'll learn.