The rumors are flying

Thebrownblob

Every 5 years the new agreement comes in with a promise of new job creation - yet there is no one reporting on if the numbers were met - with this contract it will become obvious.
Yes, there is. Every job has a number attached to it and there is a tracker.. we have one Union Steward, whose job it is to keep track of all the ones in our local and where they go if they’re moved or changed. He has the list for the nation. And and if what you were saying is even remotely true, and it became obvious, it would be super easy to force the company to fill those jobs since they are contractual.

pkgdriver

He was definitely a tool....
IMG_3497.gif

PoirotAtUPS

Yes, there is. Every job has a number attached to it and there is a tracker.. we have one Union Steward, whose job it is to keep track of all the ones in our local and where they go if they’re moved or changed. He has the list for the nation. And and if what you were saying is even remotely true, and it became obvious, it would be super easy to force the company to fill those jobs since they are contractual.

Attachments

• IMG_0375.gif
    IMG_0375.gif
    77.6 KB · Views: 11

BrownSnowFlake

“Super easy, barely an inconvenience”

In reality the company always pushes to get what it wants and the union seethes and copes.

Thebrownblob

“Super easy, barely an inconvenience”

In reality the company always pushes to get what it wants and the union seethes and copes.
Sometimes. But these guaranteed full-time jobs are really not hard to win. the company learned that in the late 90s after they tried to drag their feet and pretend they didn’t have to give them after the strike of 97. What they do is make most of them as undesirable as possible.

rod

Retired 22 years
Pretty sad that many of the drivers never had to collect a COD, let alone a cash one. A year or so ago 40% of the drivers had 5 years or less seniority.
I had a couple of country gun shops on my route. Most EVERYTHING sent to the gun shops was COD-CASH ONLY. It wasn't unusual for me to have 8-9 10thousand in cash sitting around my truck because it was TOO much to fit in my billfold. I used to hide it under some crap on the shelves. Didn't think anything of it.