The Russians Are Coming, The Russians Are Coming!

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Last time I looked leaking Grand Jury results was a criminal act .
Not a good move .
Sure it makes for a good Friday night media splash , but it also brings out the unfairness of the US Legal System .

bbsam

Staff member
Last time I looked leaking Grand Jury results was a criminal act .
Not a good move .
Sure it makes for a good Friday night media splash , but it also brings out the unfairness of the US Legal System .
I keep hearing this. Would you suggest that the indictment should then be null and void?

And it's hard to call it a leak of the indictment. That would seem to me to include names and charges. All we know is that there is one or more indictments.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I keep hearing this. Would you suggest that the indictment should then be null and void?

And it's hard to call it a leak of the indictment. That would seem to me to include names and charges. All we know is that there is one or more indictments.

...and this was based solely on the flurry of activity Friday afternoon...

floridays

Just like you know all about grand juries.:)
Sure do, no fixed rule varies by jurisdictions. Never been in federal court, however I did take the time to research federal grand jury practices. If you're gonna try and bust my ballz on that let a criminal defense attorney prepare your taxes this year.

bbsam

Staff member
Sure do, no fixed rule varies by jurisdictions. Never been in federal court, however I did take the time to research federal grand jury practices. If you're gonna try and bust my ballz on that let a criminal defense attorney prepare your taxes this year.
So. Let's hear it. Was a crime committed regardless who it was that leaked the fact that an indictment is forthcoming?

bbsam

Staff member
We have accountants do the taxes.

floridays

But you already knew that, didn't you?
The are difference between codified laws by statute and laws of the court and procedure. Go get the laws of criminal procedure and (which doesn't pertain to this investigation) the rules of civil procedure. Rule law, you split the hair. With the bar association it is called the rules of professional responsibility, attorney's are sanctioned, not convicted.