The Russians Are Coming, The Russians Are Coming!

floridays

I have no idea. Sounds pretty desperate to me though.

But since you're the attorney, why don't you explain to us why the objection has merit.
Because acts are supposed to be done in a lawful means. That is if you want whatever you might like to use at trial even appear. Not good for what you count on to be excluded in the judges chambers, or struck on a motion, thats just my thinking. You tell me.

It will be fine

I have no idea. Sounds pretty desperate to me though.

But since you're the attorney, why don't you explain to us why the objection has merit.
Definitely desperate, they are trying to claim executive privilege before Trump was the executive. It's like Don Jr claiming attorney client privilege just because a lawyer was in the room. I don't think they understand privilege, or they just enjoy lying about it.

bbsam

Staff member
Because acts are supposed to be done in a lawful means. That is if you want whatever you might like to use at trial even appear. Not good for what you count on to be excluded in the judges chambers, or struck on a motion, thats just my thinking. You tell me.
That might be true if it pertains to criminal indictments. I doubt it pertains to these investigations since it is basically government oversight.

On the other hand...

Maybe there won't be any more indictments.

But if the Democrats gain control of House and Senate, this all becomes pertinent if impeachment is a thing since that is more a political act than a legal act.

floridays

That might be true if it pertains to criminal indictments. I doubt it pertains to these investigations since it is basically government oversight.

On the other hand...

Maybe there won't be any more indictments.

But if the Democrats gain control of House and Senate, this all becomes pertinent if impeachment is a thing since that is more a political act than a legal act.
Bingo, you finally hit it. Mueller is laying ground work for an impeachment. To your first sentence, this is not government oversight, this is a criminal investigation. And on the second point an indictment is nothing without a criminal conviction, other than hundreds of thousands of dollars for a defense. Which Mueller is fully aware of. No skin off my back, Mueller will probably have eternity in hell to rest on his laurels. My opinion only, last sentence only.

It will be fine

The attacks on Mueller are truly disgusting and yet another clear example of the moral rot in the republican party. The man took over the FBI and then 911 happened. He focused the Bureau into a counter terrorist agency and prevented any major attacks for the next decade. He was appointed by republicans, he is a republican, but now he's somehow a partisan hack. The GOP is dead, it can't survive without any moral bearing.

bbsam

Staff member
Bingo, you finally hit it. Mueller is laying ground work for an impeachment. To your first sentence, this is not government oversight, this is a criminal investigation. And on the second point an indictment is nothing without a criminal conviction, other than hundreds of thousands of dollars for a defense. Which Mueller is fully aware of. No skin off my back, Mueller will probably have eternity in hell to rest on his laurels. My opinion only, last sentence only.
You act like impeachment is a criminal act.

floridays

You act like impeachment is a criminal act.
I didn't act like anything. The beginning of this "investigation" was supposed to produce criminal acts. They have found out there is no there, there. It's morphed into bringing up any dirt that any anti-Trump legislator would grab hold of for possible impeachment. Impeachment hearings are based on alleged high crimes and misdemeanors, you tell me which part of criminal you don't understand.

bbsam

Staff member
I didn't act like anything. The beginning of this "investigation" was supposed to produce criminal acts. They have found out there is no there, there. It's morphed into bringing up any dirt that any anti-Trump legislator would grab hold of for possible impeachment. Impeachment hearings are based on alleged high crimes and misdemeanors, you tell me which part of criminal you don't understand.
Is the investigation over?

Babagounj

Strength through joy

Loewentritt also told BuzzFeed that the GSA suggested that Mueller's team issue a warrant or subpoena for the transition team materials, but the special prosecutor's office decided a letter requesting the materials would suffice.

Well since this is a criminal investigation and not civil , it will be quite easy to have all this evidence compiled without a subpoena nor a warrant dismissed once it is presented in front of a judge .
Any one ever hear about the entrapment clause .

floridays

Loewentritt also told BuzzFeed that the GSA suggested that Mueller's team issue a warrant or subpoena for the transition team materials, but the special prosecutor's office decided a letter requesting the materials would suffice.

Well since this is a criminal investigation and not civil , it will be quite easy to have all this evidence compiled without a subpoena nor a warrant dismissed once it is presented in front of a judge .
Any one ever hear about the entrapment clause .
need a restatement starting from compiled, interested in your point.