The sales pitch is on.

Eat Sleep Fish

Jig Master
Don't get me wrong. I am all for the part timers getting respectable pay and benefits just like me. But the company has been going the wrong way as far as raises in keeping up with inflation rates, combo jobs for you guys that drive and absolutely crappy disability payments. We have a trend now. Has been for a while. It is getting to the point where I have no choice but to look out for myself. Myself and those who have been here longer deserve to retire comfortably. When I hear better pay into my pension, I can't help but think "better" is an extra $2 a week. I am all for companies making as much as they can, but you can't have our CEO getting a 12 million dollar bonus and all the while screwing over the people who made that money for him. Just give me mine? I am pretty damn close to saying that because not only have I lost faith in the company, I am losing faith in this once strong union.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
You know if they didn't want everyone speculating about the contract they could release the whole thing and let us read it.

I have to shake my head and laugh.

Everyone has been MF'n the IBT for not releasing detailed information yet.

Then they release info on the 22.4 situation.... and the internet loses it mind.

Package car drivers did not want to work weekends.
They wanted better 9.5 protection.
They wanted better harassment language.
Better Pension protection.
Better benefits.

These were addressed along with a whole host of other things. If you can wait a little while longer it will all be released.

And how many members, will bother to go to their contract review meeting to hear a

report from the officers of their Local that will attend the 2-man committee ?

0bf.jpg

-Bug-

M

MenInBrown

Not too good as far as I'm concerned.

No limit on how long these 22.4 can drive and no protection for them from excessive OT

How you gonna claim you're fixing excessive OT by giving the employer a lower wage worker to be used and abused for 12 hours a day?

I was thinking the same way at first but these 22.4s are considered combo drivers, not combo loaders. With that being said, they would need language in there that specifically says they have no protection that a driver has. If they are considered combo DRIVERS, they have the same protection as the rest of us.

M

MenInBrown

So rpcd will not be REGULARY required to work Saturday and Sunday???? Do they think we are stupid? Big fat NO. There should be a requirement to never work Saturday and Sunday. Don’t fall for this BS. Vote NO

born2Bwild

I read RPCD is guaranteed the minimum of 40 hours a week.wow... this sound great for the company, in a center of 100 route there will be 25 of 22.4 doing 4 hours of work every day at a rate of 20 per hour. Company negotiators must be celebrating. The union all it looking is the revenue they will generating. This is a very bad deal for full timers and pinned us against part timers

upschuck

It’s all BS. They are cutting routes like mad men, but if we vote this in they will add more? It doesn’t make any sense at all.
This makes total sense when put in regards to the number of "regular jobs". The less they run, the less they have to protect. What is the minimum requirement for it to be considered a "job"? 1 day ran a week, all 5 days, or somewhere in between?

born2Bwild

So rpcd will not be REGULARY required to work Saturday and Sunday???? Do they think we are stupid? Big fat NO. There should be a requirement to never work Saturday and Sunday. Don’t fall for this BS. Vote NO
What m-friend driver is REQUIRED to work on Saturday? it’s always asked. It’s voluntary work at a overtime rate you can always decline with no repercussions.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
I have to shake my head and laugh.

And how many members, will bother to go to their contract review meeting to hear a

report from the officers of their Local that will attend the 2-man committee ?

-Bug-
Start a Youtube page and webcast these things Union. Every union meeting should be webcasted.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Start a Youtube page and webcast these things Union.

It's funny you say that.

I sent @cheryl a PM.... specifically asking.... if I could "announce" that.

A weekly YouTube live chat, would be cool and informational.

She politely explained, it was a violation of the TOS.

But, I could contact and inform BrownCafe members through PM's.

One step ahead of you. ;)

-Bug-

panther

Yes but that hourly rate is a marginal savings. They still have to buy a truck, insure it, fuel, health care, pension, workers comp insurance. The lower hourly rate is peanuts to Ups, the other stuff is the real cost.
Yep that was exactly my point. I just can't make sense of it other than eventually fazing out current full time driver jobs.