Refused/NR3

39 stops
20171129_222133.jpg
47 pieces scanned missed.

Faceplanted

I gotta admit yesterday as long of a day that it was it was pretty awesome everyone clocking out together and laughing while bragging about how much they all brought back...then beers in the parking lot...THIS is what Christmas is about! Hahahahhaa

real talk. I'm honestly a hard worker and I don't try to fail on purpose... but :censored2: me due to obvious bad planning and all the fukz I have to give are gone at noon.

35years

Gravy route
It is beginning to look like Christmas 2013...The year of #UPSfail. We are understaffed and rolling stops.

But there is one big difference. Peak has become a double headed monster since 2013. Black Friday-Cyber Monday has pushed volume to this week. If we fail this week we can still recover and dig out before the last minute rush. Additionally the media story about UPS failing doesn't sell until gifts won't make it before Christmas. Unfortunately if we dig out the big wigs will look good for understaffing and still getting it done.

However, one snowstorm and we will not be able to catch up.

We need actual contractual language controlling peak hours. Put an end to the 70 hr limit.. 60 is plenty.

dookie stain

Cornfed whiteboy
real talk. I'm honestly a hard worker and I don't try to fail on purpose... but :censored2: me due to obvious bad planning and all the fukz I have to give are gone at noon.
Exactly. My route non peak I will usually come close to scratch or bonus...I work my ass off...but if you send me out with 407 stops and 660 pieces what’s the point of trying

Brownpride

Irreg Carts run out of power during pre load so they left all Irregs under the sort aisle no Irregs where loaded today lol. Tomorrow is going to be crazy..

30k packages LIB.. Not enough Package Cars for every driver... Can't shuttle packages or help out drivers because we don't have spare cars.

They had 8 utility drivers today in my center with no route because all package cars and rentals where been used.

Got paid just to make piles and piles of boxes the whole day.

35years

Gravy route
Irreg Carts run out of power during pre load so they left all Irregs under the sort aisle no Irregs where loaded today lol. Tomorrow is going to be crazy..

30k packages LIB.. Not enough Package Cars for every driver... Can't shuttle packages or help out drivers because we don't have spare cars.

They had 8 utility drivers today in my center with no route because all package cars and rentals where been used.

Got paid just to make piles and piles of boxes the whole day.
Get more rentals, buy some rollers, fill the isles and outside lot with trucks. Happens every year in some bldgs. Now is not the time to penny pinch. Peak plan was way off...expect the unexpected, and plan an escape route. If we don't adjust we will not dig out in time.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Well today it happened. We will be working Saturdays for the rest of peak. Although it will be for only about 4 hrs. So manager says. We will see I'm sure. You know they say 4 but it ends up being 8.

Today, we all started at 8:30 am. Loaded till
9:15. Did 149 finished at 8pm

Asked our PDS about this yesterday and he said that at that point (8 am on Wed) he wasn't sure if we would be working on Saturdays or not. We have been rolling a trailer per day and we had two loads from Syracuse that were supposed to show up yesterday but were cancelled.

Most of the guys would have no problem working a limited schedule on Saturdays if it helped us the following week.

The problem we are having in my center is drivers, myself included, being forced to go back out after we have finished our day. It is happened every day this week. We even had one driver who had helped his loop drivers before coming in who was sent back out even though he had punched out and was in his car heading home. I was sent to run off 20 stops in an area that I was not all that familiar with. They were loaded in a U-Haul so I moved them to my PC and ran them off----took about 45 minutes.

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
The weather has been really nice, anyone know where to get brown socks? Also, can they force me in on Monday during peak? I only bid to work Tuesday to Thursday........

Back first

Asked our PDS about this yesterday and he said that at that point (8 am on Wed) he wasn't sure if we would be working on Saturdays or not. We have been rolling a trailer per day and we had two loads from Syracuse that were supposed to show up yesterday but were cancelled.

Most of the guys would have no problem working a limited schedule on Saturdays if it helped us the following week.

The problem we are having in my center is drivers, myself included, being forced to go back out after we have finished our day. It is happened every day this week. We even had one driver who had helped his loop drivers before coming in who was sent back out even though he had punched out and was in his car heading home. I was sent to run off 20 stops in an area that I was not all that familiar with. They were loaded in a U-Haul so I moved them to my PC and ran them off----took about 45 minutes.
That driver should of told the sup. To pound sand. No way I am going back out after I punch out.