badpal

It is beginning to look like Christmas 2013...The year of #UPSfail. We are understaffed and rolling stops.

But there is one big difference. Peak has become a double headed monster since 2013. Black Friday-Cyber Monday has pushed volume to this week. If we fail this week we can still recover and dig out before the last minute rush. Additionally the media story about UPS failing doesn't sell until gifts won't make it before Christmas. Unfortunately if we dig out the big wigs will look good for understaffing and still getting it done.

However, one snowstorm and we will not be able to catch up.

We need actual contractual language controlling peak hours. Put an end to the 70 hr limit.. 60 is plenty.
Actually triple headed, what we deliver the first 20 days of January is crazy compared to 30 years ago.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
pQk63X.gif

Dhydratd

...We even had one driver who had helped his loop drivers before coming in who was sent back out even though he had punched out and was in his car heading home.
And he answered his phone?? What an idiot! Even if I was stupid enough to answer a call from work on my way home, I sure as hell wouldn't turn around and go back. My answer would be something like "Sorry, I've already downed a beer."

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

And he answered his phone?? What an idiot! Even if I was stupid enough to answer a call from work on my way home, I sure as hell wouldn't turn around and go back. My answer would be something like "Sorry, I've already downed a beer."

He was in the parking lot—-the on car came out to bring him back in.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
Asked our PDS about this yesterday and he said that at that point (8 am on Wed) he wasn't sure if we would be working on Saturdays or not. We have been rolling a trailer per day and we had two loads from Syracuse that were supposed to show up yesterday but were cancelled.

Most of the guys would have no problem working a limited schedule on Saturdays if it helped us the following week.

The problem we are having in my center is drivers, myself included, being forced to go back out after we have finished our day. It is happened every day this week. We even had one driver who had helped his loop drivers before coming in who was sent back out even though he had punched out and was in his car heading home. I was sent to run off 20 stops in an area that I was not all that familiar with. They were loaded in a U-Haul so I moved them to my PC and ran them off----took about 45 minutes.
Coming back at 10:45 with missed solved that problem for me.

E

el blanco

Asked our PDS about this yesterday and he said that at that point (8 am on Wed) he wasn't sure if we would be working on Saturdays or not. We have been rolling a trailer per day and we had two loads from Syracuse that were supposed to show up yesterday but were cancelled.

Most of the guys would have no problem working a limited schedule on Saturdays if it helped us the following week.

The problem we are having in my center is drivers, myself included, being forced to go back out after we have finished our day. It is happened every day this week. We even had one driver who had helped his loop drivers before coming in who was sent back out even though he had punched out and was in his car heading home. I was sent to run off 20 stops in an area that I was not all that familiar with. They were loaded in a U-Haul so I moved them to my PC and ran them off----took about 45 minutes.

so you are returning to the bldg. in the 1800-1830 window during peak, and then surprised and dismayed to be sent back out

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Looks like you may have to wait a while for your wish to come true-----the rest of this week and the bulk of next week look good. There may be some action in the latter part of next week---nothing major.
Monday next week will be :censored2: storm. After the hubs process all of this backed up stuff they have this weekend.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS

You do know how to remedy this situation. Don’t you?

Faceplanted

lmfao!!!!! Good!!!!!! you guys need to get your ass back out and help your teammates

Brownslave688

He was :censored2: but he is also a newbie and did not want to risk losing his job. He wants to grieve it but is unsure if he has basis for a valid grievance since we were all forced to go back out.
He has grounds for a grievance. The problem is the only punishment for management is a good ass chewing from labor and the BA.

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
My son is a night shifter at my old hub. He texted me last night that it took him 2 hours and 28 minutes to make 1 move. The yard was so physically full of equipment, nobody could move. All available suits came down from the ivory tower to try and direct traffic. They have an out of business car lot that they lease every year about a mile from our building. They store empties there. 5 drivers were called in last night and told just to grab an MT, take it to the drop lot and give them the # later. Have no idea how many packages or trailers have been rolled, but I'm guessing it is substantial.

Faceplanted

My son is a night shifter at my old hub. He texted me last night that it took him 2 hours and 28 minutes to make 1 move. The yard was so physically full of equipment, nobody could move. All available suits came down from the ivory tower to try and direct traffic. They have an out of business car lot that they lease every year about a mile from our building. They store empties there. 5 drivers were called in last night and told just to grab an MT, take it to the drop lot and give them the # later. Have no idea how many packages or trailers have been rolled, but I'm guessing it is substantial.
Took me a good 10-15min last night to get from the gates to parking my truck full of misses.

Brownslave688

Huston hub ?

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
Huston hub ?
There are several large buildings in the Houston area. One is being built now. There is actually a bigger building than my old one, but since they only work 2 shifts, they don't call it a hub. I worked at Sweetwater. 22 inbound doors and 104 outbound doors, though they may have increased capacity since i left.