polyp

Monday next week will be :censored2: storm. After the hubs process all of this backed up stuff they have this weekend.
That was the plan last weekend, didn't seem to pan out. Turns out three extra shifts don't make much of a dent when all you can swing is skeleton staffing.

Unless they start to force people in from the bottom, these weekends will have rapidly diminishing returns as they burn out their volunteer pool.

hegro

Q U A L I T Y L O A D

Guess I am only doing 120 stops today.

Attachments

• IMG_20171130_093435.jpg
    IMG_20171130_093435.jpg
    217.1 KB · Views: 144
  • IMG_20171130_092539.jpg
    IMG_20171130_092539.jpg
    196.6 KB · Views: 137

John Wall

Off My Last Name, With Gigantic Balls
Let me put it to you succinctly. Amazon is taking over the world, changing the main frame of society. The amount of shipments companies and people make every year is increasing exponentially. But instead of adapting to these changes and working smart, UPS cares more about the "productivity" of their underpaid preloaders and drivers; harping on them for any failures in the company, when really it boils down to poor leadership and an inability to adapt to a changing environment. And just like in nature, the species that is less able to adapt is most likely to die out and go extinct.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Let me put it to you succinctly. Amazon is taking over the world, changing the main frame of society. The amount of shipments companies and people make every year is increasing exponentially. But instead of adapting to these changes and working smart, UPS cares more about the "productivity" of their underpaid preloaders and drivers; harping on them for any failures in the company, when really it boils down to poor leadership and an inability to adapt to a changing environment. And just like in nature, the species that is less able to adapt is most likely to die out and go extinct.
But we were supposed to be much more efficient this year.

Faceplanted

I happened to hear the amount of "rolled" packages so far this week in my building. I don't want to give up Too much info, but it's absolutly staggering. Even us running at 100% we are days from being caught up!

Looking like there will be more missed from me today. I got 6hr of sleep last night and feel like :censored2:. I have 0 *s to give today.

Well actually 1 :censored2:.... I would love to catch the NFL game tonight. O well.

oldrps

Wall Street only cares about profit. They hear stories of UPS being blown out with packages, they are thinking more packages, more profit, stock price goes up. They know that UPS is charging more this week, even more revenue. Packages being late don't matter to Wall Street. If UPS has a bigger profit from more packages, that's all that matters to investors. If profit goes down, the stock will suffer.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Wall Street only cares about profit. They hear stories of UPS being blown out with packages, they are thinking more packages, more profit, stock price goes up. They know that UPS is charging more this week, even more revenue. Packages being late don't matter to Wall Street. If UPS has a bigger profit from more packages, that's all that matters to investors. If profit goes down, the stock will suffer.
Being blown out means they'll have to spend more on infrastructure. Wall Street doesn't like those costs.

Maplewood

They told us today that the good news is that Portland is still behind 100k pks and it's not getting worse. They plan on putting in an extra weekend sort this weekend and will be caught up. WTF? we are already way understaffed on Mondays because of this Saturday bull:censored2:. They didn't post any start times last Friday of drivers forced to work this Sat so they can't force. Lol. If they did post, those guys would magically not many hours available and demand 8hrs pay guarantee. What a joke. There is an extra week between Thanksgiving and Xmas this year. Only thing that might make most of peak doable.

Sissy Brown Short Shorts

They managed to hire 19 helpers for 55 drivers. I hit DOT everyday this week. Already at 41 hours and it’s only Wednesday. Center had about 800 missed yesterday. It’s going just as good as anyone could have guessed.

542thruNthru

He was :censored2: but he is also a newbie and did not want to risk losing his job. He wants to grieve it but is unsure if he has basis for a valid grievance since we were all forced to go back out.

Please inform that driver he should be paid from the time he started to the time he punched out after his second trip. There should be no break in between when he was walking to his car.

If they want to fight him on it I'm sure he can tell them that he did not have the 10 hours he is required to have before driving again.

dookie stain

Cornfed whiteboy
Asked our PDS about this yesterday and he said that at that point (8 am on Wed) he wasn't sure if we would be working on Saturdays or not. We have been rolling a trailer per day and we had two loads from Syracuse that were supposed to show up yesterday but were cancelled.

Most of the guys would have no problem working a limited schedule on Saturdays if it helped us the following week.

The problem we are having in my center is drivers, myself included, being forced to go back out after we have finished our day. It is happened every day this week. We even had one driver who had helped his loop drivers before coming in who was sent back out even though he had punched out and was in his car heading home. I was sent to run off 20 stops in an area that I was not all that familiar with. They were loaded in a U-Haul so I moved them to my PC and ran them off----took about 45 minutes.

He was in his car heading home and went back in to help? No balls. Why answer your phone?

I have a problem working Saturday whether it’s 13 minutes or 13 hours. I am a Monday through Friday driver and it is not my responsibility to bail management out when they continuously make poor decisions. Especially when they treat me like a dog turd 12 months a year.