UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I had a lady ask me to stay while she opened her package. It was the 2nd one she had received. It was packaged by a UPS store. Glass picture framed signed print of a football team. It was shattered, just like the first one. The packaging was a joke.
No reason to stick around. Once it's open it's accepted.

If the customer is a regular I take a few moments to make sure the contents are OK.

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
How can you damage underwear?

Until you wear it and have the shats.
upload_2017-12-2_4-48-20.jpeg

Daf

Putting "fragile" or "glass" would be the worst thing to do as it will get destroyed in the hub.
It seems that the only people who pay any attention to the outer markings like that are the clerks or people that have clerked before. No one cares until the have to clean up the mess themselves.

Whargoul

I brought back over 100 packages and sheeted them as missed the other day and I wasn't the only one. Boss said I should be doing 40 stops an hour in my bricked out truck loaded by some seasonal hire that they didn't even train. 20 some misloads for my route loaded in the truck next to mine. Who are you to wave your finger?

LeaveIt2Griever

FileFileFile
I’ve been rolling hundreds of packages every day for the past week. Not one word from any member of management about my performance. My center manager actually expressed his condolences for trying to shove 400+ stops and 700+ pieces up my ass every day.

GameCockFan

My center is doing fairly well. Small and rural south though. Monday's are a killer with hubs running 24/7 over the weekend. I normanlly bring back 150% on Sunday night. This past Sunday was 485%. Busier that day than peak day from 2016. One of the hubs I go to is getting destroyed. 100 rolled trailers on Wednesday + 160 on Thursday and they are sending Amazon loads to another hub for processing. I think the 5% was a little off.

Rick Ross

I'm into distribution!!
My center is doing fairly well. Small and rural south though. Monday's are a killer with hubs running 24/7 over the weekend. I normanlly bring back 150% on Sunday night. This past Sunday was 485%. Busier that day than peak day from 2016. One of the hubs I go to is getting destroyed. 100 rolled trailers on Wednesday + 160 on Thursday and they are sending Amazon loads to another hub for processing. I think the 5% was a little off.

I'm sure the 5% is off but it could slow down before the end of peak.

I was at the railyard the Sunday after Black Friday and the train volume was crazy. These are loads that were in the system before Black Friday. Maybe people started earlier this season and it will be over earlier.