ups1990

What's happening around the nation is a result of this whole ORION planning, numerical approach to deliveries.
Our center manager before thanksgiving said to one driver that we were ready for peak as far as drivers and trucks were concerned. I asked in October, when are we training new peak drivers? Was told "what you see is what you get"
No doubt in my mind that this current situation at many different hubs is a result of Orion honks. Did they look into how many drivers were working over 9.5 during the calendar year? Didn't take rocket scientists-brain surgeon to see that nationally we are understaffed for drivers.
I don't know how we'll be perceived at the end this peak and if all those deliveries will me made by Xmas but moving forward it doesn't look promising. There will be a large number of drivers retiring in the next 1-3 years from now.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
He is angry about working yesterday. Don’t take it personal

I get it.

It's easier to "talk down" the fallacy some members have, when others are

around to observe it. Some people think (because they pay dues) it entitles

them, to verbally abuse their Local Reps. In the end.... there is more of an

underlying issue, like personal or marital problems causing the anger.

Dr. Bug's advice for the day.

Please pay the receptionist, on your way out the door. :biggrin:

-Bug-

Future

Victory Ride
I get it.

-Bug-
Let me tell u something ... I am content with my life and work history ... I am worried about what u thugs r doing for the unborn!

Future

Victory Ride
I get it.

-Bug-
Honestly didn’t mean 2 single you out .... but guess what ... you only support my feelings of what is wrong

Brown287

Im not the Mail Man!
In regards to the union and their inability to enforce our agreed upon contract....you need not look any further then the complete disaster that 9.5’s were over the summer. As far as leadership or lack there of....UPS wouldn’t of tried this 70hr nonsense if the union hadn’t of shown such weakness with the 9.5’s. Simple truth is that the union needs UPS far more than UPS needs the union. The union is weak, hate to be the barer of bad news but they are. We can debate the reasons but in the end they’re weak nonetheless.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

In regards to the union and their inability to enforce our agreed upon contract....you need not look any further then the complete disaster that 9.5’s were over the summer. As far as leadership or lack there of....UPS wouldn’t of tried this 70hr nonsense if the union hadn’t of shown such weakness with the 9.5’s. Simple truth is that the union needs UPS far more than UPS needs the union. The union is weak, hate to be the barer of bad news but they are. We can debate the reasons but in the end they’re weak nonetheless.

Inability or unwillingness?