THE TRUMP 2024 THREAD

Box Ox

What can be, unburdened by what has been.
america IS headed in a fascist direction because the liberals sold out the workers decades ago.
What America really needs is a communist dictator who agrees with you, comrade. 😉
so youre saying its a choice between capitalist corruption leading to fascism and communist dictators?

I’m saying it’s funny that you’re whining about fascism when your idea of a good time is rule by a communist dictatorship.

rickyb

Military diplomacy? Have you not heard of the State Department?
yes...

the better question is have YOU heard of the state department?

vantexan

yes...

the better question is have YOU heard of the state department?

Yes, and they're responsible for diplomacy, not the military.

Next Day Err

Yes, and they're responsible for diplomacy, not the military.
Naive to think our top ranking generals don’t regularly speak with their counterparts around the world.

You guys just want it to be treason soooo bad. Treason isn’t breaking protocol, it’s subversion with malicious intent to undermine the Constitution of the United States of America.

By all means, keep reaching.

All Trump is running on for ‘24 is revenge. I don’t know if it’s scary or just sad. What a petty individual.

vantexan

Naive to think our top ranking generals don’t regularly speak with their counterparts around the world.

You guys just want it to be treason soooo bad. Treason isn’t breaking protocol, it’s subversion with malicious intent to undermine the Constitution of the United States of America.

All Trump is running on for ‘24 is revenge. I don’t know if it’s scary or just sad. What a petty individual.
They may speak to them but our generals aren't responsible for our security policy. That wasn't a scheduled meeting between generals. It was going behind the back of the president. Milley way overstepped his bounds.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American

What authority does Milley have that he can assure his Chinese counterpart that he could prevent an attack?

The only scenario that I know that would allow Milley to keep his promise would be to refuse to follow an order given by the Commander-in-Chief. That would be treason.

Unless you can describe a different scenario that accomplishes those assurances..........

And, BTW, Milley was also quoted that he would warn China IN ADVANCE if the U.S. were going to attack. Is that not treason?

Next Day Err

What authority does Milley have that he can assure his Chinese counterpart that he could prevent an attack?

The only scenario that I know that would allow Milley to keep his promise would be to refuse to follow an order given by the Commander-in-Chief. That would be treason.

Unless you can describe a different scenario that accomplishes those assurances..........

And, BTW, Milley was also quoted that he would warn China IN ADVANCE if the U.S. were going to attack. Is that not treason?
Naive. Milley would’ve never warned them. Milley lied to them. He was just trying to cool the situation off.

PT Car Washer

Everyone who has ever served knows you are expected to not follow an illegal order. Any order trump would give to attack another country without provocation would be an illegal order. I am sure that is what General Milley was telling his Chinese counterparts. It was a dangerous time for America with trump refusing to stepdown and an insurrection at the Capitol. Our friends and competitors needed some reassurance there was a stable hand on our military.

Next Day Err

Everyone who has ever served knows you are expected to not follow an illegal order. Any order trump would give to attack another country without provocation would be an illegal order. I am sure that is what General Milley was telling his Chinese counterparts. It was a dangerous time for America with trump refusing to stepdown and an insurrection at the Capitol. Our friends and competitors needed some reassurance there was a stable hand on our military.
Seriously. Milley has been nothing but an asset to the country. A decorated war hero. Someone who knows exactly what it means to put your life on the line.

Milley was de-escalating a tense situation. If we had ever really had plans to strike China I firmly believe he would have never actually warned his counterpart.

MAGAts are such drama queens.

PT Car Washer

Seriously. Milley has been nothing but an asset to the country. A decorated war hero. Someone who knows exactly what it means to put your life on the line.

Milley was de-escalating a tense situation. If we had ever really had plans to strike China I firmly believe he would have never actually warned his counterpart.

MAGAts are such drama queens.
America has no plans to strike China with a Pearl Harbor type attack. The world was nervous about a trump created crises so he could hold onto power and declare himself president for life.