They’re Already Talking

Zowert

This is a post in the r/antiwork subreddit. I thought some of you would be interested. It seems like we have a lot of support from this reddit community.

Our relatively high wages are definitely going to have an impact on public opinion of a strike.

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
1662600304173.png

giphy.gif

allahuakbar

She/Her
That thread is more work reform now. The anti work movement died when they had the mods on one of the news channels and it was a pronoun dude that was autistic and lived in his moms basement.

HavenoEDD

Company has and will continue to pay lobbyists to stir public opinion. This will continue. Union has to get the word out there that the vast majority of drivers don’t earn close to that due to the excessive progression and two tier bs.

Fido

Don’t worry he’s friendly
And the public doesn’t know how mismanaged, poorly managed and underpaid our part time employees are which is a main factor in negotiations for this next contract.
Along with better working conditions, harassment and excessive overtime.
The media can say what they want about our driver pay.
That’s fine. The public can come and fill out an application. Bet most of them can’t handle it.

Cowboy Mac

Company has and will continue to pay lobbyists to stir public opinion. This will continue. Union has to get the word out there that the vast majority of drivers don’t earn close to that due to the excessive progression and two tier bs.
And that’s assuming that all UPS workers are drivers. PT makes a fraction of a top rate driver…they will be on strike just the same.

Rubber Puckies

I sure hope the PT wages are seriously addressed in this next contract. Additionally, requests off, vacation days and sick calls for everyone, though drivers especially. Our center runs such a tight margin that every driver available gets planned to work. One of the 60 drivers calls in sick, and 10 drivers get screwed as a result. It's ridiculous that a company this large doesn't allow local management to adjust their staffing requirements to meet the demands of their building.

clean hairy

And the public doesn’t know how mismanaged, poorly managed and underpaid our part time employees are which is a main factor in negotiations for this next contract.
Along with better working conditions, harassment and excessive overtime.
The media can say what they want about our driver pay.
That’s fine. The public can come and fill out an application. Bet most of them can’t handle 1 day of it.
Fixed

no_map_needed

Knowledge is key, Experience is power.
This is a post in the r/antiwork subreddit. I thought some of you would be interested. It seems like we have a lot of support from this reddit community.

Our relatively high wages are definitely going to have an impact on public opinion of a strike.
Good points in that thread and I like the fact they're on our side.

Zowert

Good points in that thread and I like the fact they're on our side.
Yeah it’s a very pro-union subreddit. a lot of people seem to think it’s just a bunch of people that don’t want to work, but that’s not the case. It is mostly working class folks that want to be treated and paid fairly for their labor.

clean hairy

The public has the idea a driver delivers a package, drives around and delivers another package. They have no idea of the reality.
Of course, the company will not mention that a new driver may only work 2 or 3 days in a week, the starting hourly rate, or how much a new driver makes the first couple of years.
The company spins it that a new driver will make the big $ from day 1.
It is up to the union to educate the public with the truth.

Yeet

Not gonna let ‘em catch the Midnight Rider
The public has the idea a driver delivers a package, drives around and delivers another package. They have no idea of the reality.
Of course, the company will not mention that a new driver may only work 2 or 3 days in a week, the starting hourly rate, or how much a new driver makes the first couple of years.
The company spins it that a new driver will make the big $ from day 1.
It is up to the union to educate the public with the truth.
Let’s also not forget how many years that driver had to serve inside a hot building loading or unloading scorching hot trailers making slave wages. The wait isn’t as long now, but it was an 8 year wait minimum not that long ago and some places are still like that. You don’t just waltz in here and get a uniform.

Then we can start talking about how much overtime drivers have to work to get that much money. This isn’t a 9-5 and it is back breaking, hot, miserable work in all weather conditions.

Last edited:

Analbumcover

ControlPkgs

The subreddit is made primarily up of Bernie Sanders leftists who migrate back and forth between there and r/politics. I really question how much they've "changed" since their non-binary trans humanist communist mod made a fool of zhimzelf on Fox.

Est.1998

that’s not the reality? That’s what i do m-friend
You do so much more than that.
You’re driving a store on wheels, in a time people are robbing anybody just for fun.
We deliver furniture and other heavy items to homes or businesses, by ourselves.
We drive one of the largest vehicles on the road with the expectation we won’t interfere with the public in anyway harmful. Regardless if it was our fault or not.
As a driver, I wish it was just take this box here and take that box there.
You make it seem like we punch holes in donuts everyday.

PT Car Washer

Let’s also not forget how many years that driver had to serve inside a hot building loading or unloading scorching hot trailers making slave wages. The wait isn’t as long now, but it was an 8 year wait minimum not that long ago and some places are still like that. You don’t just waltz in here and get a uniform.

Then we can start talking about how much overtime drivers have to work to get that much money. This isn’t a 9-5 and it is back breaking, hot, miserable work in all weather conditions.
Cry me a river.