They’re Already Talking

KearsargeCoop

Baseball, dart board
The public has the idea a driver delivers a package, drives around and delivers another package. They have no idea of the reality.
Of course, the company will not mention that a new driver may only work 2 or 3 days in a week, the starting hourly rate, or how much a new driver makes the first couple of years.
The company spins it that a new driver will make the big $ from day 1.
It is up to the union to educate the public with the truth.
Good post

Zowert

The subreddit is made primarily up of Bernie Sanders leftists who migrate back and forth between there and r/politics. I really question how much they've "changed" since their non-binary trans humanist communist mod made a fool of zhimzelf on Fox.
Perhaps. I haven’t really followed it much to be honest.

clean hairy

that’s not the reality? That’s what i do m-friend
Folks have asked how many a driver delivers in a day.
40 or 50? In 8 hours? Seems easy enough!
Then I tell the truth, a full package car, numerous individual stops, and 10 hours or more.
Their mouth drops open!
And, that a new driver in the 1st year might make $35,000 depending on how many days they get to work.
That is the reality I was referring to

Dragon

Package Center Manager
I sure hope the PT wages are seriously addressed in this next contract. Additionally, requests off, vacation days and sick calls for everyone, though drivers especially. Our center runs such a tight margin that every driver available gets planned to work. One of the 60 drivers calls in sick, and 10 drivers get screwed as a result. It's ridiculous that a company this large doesn't allow local management to adjust their staffing requirements to meet the demands of their building.
I hope you asked for a couple of more paid holidays..like the kind of where UPS shuts down operations for a 3 day weekend...

Brownwind

so glad I’m a lazy and slow driver
….the runners look so tired 😂

🧔‍♂️✊
Dude.. that’s what the other drivers say to me prior to my daily fantastic voyage. The runners next to me look confused. Can’t wait to share twenty stops when I choose to bring the air in this week. It’ll definitely confuse them that I’m coming in and they get to learn a new area..

It’s not going be a money week. I need a break.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
I sure hope the PT wages are seriously addressed in this next contract. Additionally, requests off, vacation days and sick calls for everyone, though drivers especially. Our center runs such a tight margin that every driver available gets planned to work. One of the 60 drivers calls in sick, and 10 drivers get screwed as a result. It's ridiculous that a company this large doesn't allow local management to adjust their staffing requirements to meet the demands of their building.

The local management I know could :censored2: up a wet dream
Careful what you wish for