Things from the past

rod

Retired 23 years
View attachment 208861 My father repaired these cash registers for 50 years

My Dad was a typewriter / cash register /adding machine repairman all his life. Him and another guy owned their own business and also sold Royal typewriters, Victor adding machines and National cash registers. I've got a lot of his old typewriter collection and also his tool box that contains about a million specialty wrenches and screwdrivers my Dad built by hand to get at hard to reach screws and nuts on the office machines. I also have a mint brass "candy store" National Cash register Model 324 that only registers up to $1.00.

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
My Dad was a typewriter / cash register /adding machine repairman all his life. Him and another guy owned their own business and also sold Royal typewriters, Victor adding machines and National cash registers. I've got a lot of his old typewriter collection and also his tool box that contains about a million specialty wrenches and screwdrivers my Dad built by hand to get at hard to reach screws and nuts on the office machines. I also have a mint brass "candy store" National Cash register Model 324 that only registers up to $1.00.
Cool , I remember you and I discussed this a few yrs ago @rod my dad was 4 friend after serving at boot camp in 44 , broke his ankle , discovered he was flat foot and discharged, he was pissed , he got hired at NCR and went to their training school in Dayton Oh

rod

Retired 23 years
Cool , I remember you and I discussed this a few yrs ago @rod my dad was 4 friend after serving at boot camp in 44 , broke his ankle , discovered he was flat foot and discharged, he was :censored2: , he got hired at NCR and went to their training school in Dayton Oh

Back then everyone was patriotic and wanted to serve (at least the majority of them were). My Dad joined the Navy and served on an aircraft carrier during WWII. He told us a few stories of near misses with kamakazi pilots but for the most part was quiet about it. I wish I would have talked to him more about his war experiences. After he got out he hired on with a local typewriter shop (first job available) and ended up making it a career.

KOG72

I’m full of it
9B1BFAF6-AF9B-4547-9C80-D172FBE5F288.jpeg