Things from the past

F

Frankie's Friend

We (my wife anyway) bought one of those for my daughter for Christmas last year at her request. She put it in the rec room where I sleep when we visit (I like to watch tv late at night). When the tv is off it makes so damn much noise with all the gears and levers turning that I had to stop it so I could go to sleep.
Drop it in the tub. Itll stop making noise.

F

Frankie's Friend

In my curio cabinet I have fancy 'fake' cakes displayed like these..... They came from the Victorian Trading Co. catalog.
Cut them with a fake knife? Without his dentures in I know my grandpa could still eat a slice.
Heck we gave him a rubber oatmeal cookie and he almost tore it up. Lol

F

Frankie's Friend

15bfe8c7a87d8932213327b141391dd7.jpg
70s?

rod

Retired 23 years
I've got a 1895 Remington-Sholes Brass Typewriter. Sholes is credited with inventing the typewriter. Most all that old brass stuff was melted down for the war effort during WW I and WW II.

rod

Retired 23 years
One of the longest words you can type on the top row of letters on a Qwerty keyboard is "typewriter". Go figure

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
I've got a 1895 Remington-Sholes Brass Typewriter. Sholes is credited with inventing the typewriter. Most all that old brass stuff was melted down for the war effort during WW I and WW II.

Christopher Sholes co-invented the typewriter. He did, however come up with the ‘qwerty’ keyboard layout.

I used to drive by a historical marker in his hometown on my way to play golf every weekend, stating this.

Wilson1397

Half the lies they tell about me aren't true!!
Christopher Sholes co-invented the typewriter. He did, however come up with the ‘qwerty’ keyboard layout.

I used to drive by a historical marker in his hometown on my way to play golf every weekend, stating this.
I know that marker.