Thinking about jumping ship from UPS

Hubzilla

I've only been at UPS about 4 yrs. The FedEx facility is 5 minutes down the road from my "real" job and would save me about 20 minutes commute each way.

The health insurance is all I care about, as in if I can get it, is it affordable realtive to the paycheck, and is it decent?

sandwich

The resident gearhead
Ups has just about the best health benefits any job offers and they are free. You would be foolish to leave ups health benefits for FedEx benefits. I don't what FedEx health benefits are but I know ups are better.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
I've only been at UPS about 4 yrs. The FedEx facility is 5 minutes down the road from my "real" job and would save me about 20 minutes commute each way.

The health insurance is all I care about, as in if I can get it, is it affordable realtive to the paycheck, and is it decent?
No, the health insurance is not decent. It's barely above Obamacare. High deductible, and even the best plan only pays 80/20. I pay $48 a week for my insurance.

It will be fine

No, the health insurance is not decent. It's barely above Obamacare. High deductible, and even the best plan only pays 80/20. I pay $48 a week for my insurance.
Obamacare is not a benefit plan, you can get a full range of coverage through the exchanges. $48/week is incredibly cheap for even catastrophic coverage at this point. I pay triple that as an individual. People that get coverage through their employer seem to have very little understanding of the actual cost of coverage.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Obamacare is not a benefit plan, you can get a full range of coverage through the exchanges. $48/week is incredibly cheap for even catastrophic coverage at this point. I pay triple that as an individual. People that get coverage through their employer seem to have very little understanding of the actual cost of coverage.

My point was in comparison to UPS healthcare.

Hubzilla

I
I'm self employed and was paying a ton for insurance, which is why I started at UPS. The cost is isane.

Hubzilla

Since you are part time, what do you pay for health insurance now? What coverage do you get? Help us help you by providing some solid info.
I don't pay anything other than my union dues which are like $25/month. Insurance is provided by the Teamsters. I know FedEx won't come close but I only do it for the benefits so, my cost isn't much of an issue. It's Cadillac coverage.

MAKAVELI

I don't pay anything other than my union dues which are like $25/month. Insurance is provided by the Teamsters. I know FedEx won't come close but I only do it for the benefits so, my cost isn't much of an issue. It's Cadillac coverage.
Do you have kids and or wife?

MAKAVELI

Wife. You can have a family of 20 covered and the cost is the same
At Express you'll have to have the family plan. Which is $400+ a month for the premier plan. That premier plan pays 80% with a $1200 individual/$3600 family deductible. A part time employee with family coverage will see very little of that check after premiums are paid. Still sound good to you?

Hubzilla

At Express you'll have to have the family plan. Which is $400+ a month for the premier plan. That premier plan pays 80% with a $1200 individual/$3600 family deductible. A part time employee with family coverage will see very little of that check after premiums are paid. Still sound good to you?
Sounds worse than the extra driving time lol. Thanks for the info.