Thinking about jumping ship from UPS

MAKAVELI

Sounds worse than the extra driving time lol. Thanks for the info.
Yea our plan really sucks for people with family coverage or long term health issues. They give us an HRA with $800 a year that is used first before you have to pay your portion but that can be used up pretty quickly if you have a family. We also don't have any stability when it comes to our plans. They raise our premiums and/or change coverage almost every year. Another thing to consider is if I'm not mistaken, part timers at UPS get a pension. Here you would only get a 401k.

vantexan

Yea our plan really sucks for people with family coverage or long term health issues. They give us an HRA with $800 a year that is used first before you have to pay your portion but that can be used up pretty quickly if you have a family. We also don't have any stability when it comes to our plans. They raise our premiums and/or change coverage almost every year. Another thing to consider is if I'm not mistaken, part timers at UPS get a pension. Here you would only get a 401k.
401k + Portable Pension.

HuckToohey

You are entering a world of pain.
I've only been at UPS about 4 yrs. The FedEx facility is 5 minutes down the road from my "real" job and would save me about 20 minutes commute each way.

The health insurance is all I care about, as in if I can get it, is it affordable realtive to the paycheck, and is it decent?
Don't do it! Work the next 16 years. You'll be much, much better off with a really nice retirement package far and away better than FedEx.

!Retired!

I've only been at UPS about 4 yrs. The FedEx facility is 5 minutes down the road from my "real" job and would save me about 20 minutes commute each way.

The health insurance is all I care about, as in if I can get it, is it affordable realtive to the paycheck, and is it decent?
This whole thread to save 20 minutes each way driving time? I used to take the bus and train in NY. 1 way was close 1 1/2 hours. Driving was not an option due to having to pay for parking.

Brisket

I don't pay anything other than my union dues which are like $25/month. Insurance is provided by the Teamsters. I know FedEx won't come close but I only do it for the benefits so, my cost isn't much of an issue. It's Cadillac coverage.

EXACTLY so just wash that thought right out of your head!

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
It would be idiotic to quit UPS. No comparison, your benefits are light years better.

Our benefits are YUGE, Fanastic...best in the world. Our uniforms are the finest spun silk..EVERYBODY thinks they're HOT. Our wages are tremendous, NOBODY has better or higher wages. I'd show them to you, but they are under audit for being so wonderful.

I am behind FedEx 1000% and Fred S? He is MARVELOUS and cares so much about EVERYONE. Did I mention the Pandas? Such wonderful creatures GOD made for us, and they are so tasty...ummm GREAT and LOVING animals. All black and white and fuzzy. I have 100 of them in my own zoo, the world's BEST zoo.

Indecisi0n

Ups has just about the best health benefits any job offers and they are free. You would be foolish to leave ups health benefits for FedEx benefits. I don't what FedEx health benefits are but I know ups are better.
But dude he is going to save 20 minutes of drive time !!