Time Commitments

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

An English degree in a steep recession? Good luck finding a job that requires an English degree because there's already plenty of people with English degrees.. The focus is clearly on science, technology, engineering and math. Those are the people who will be in highest demand . The others will take what the economy will give them.

Health care/geriatric services?

bacha29

Thanks for the academic advising. You couldn’t even spell the word “college”, so forgive me if I take what you say with a grain of salt. However, due to your sheer ignorance on the topic while continuing to act like an expert, I’m going to respond. Do you really think you’ve done more research on this than me? Do you really think I went into this and spent all of this money without a specific goal and career in mind? Do you really think job security and attainability are things that I never considered when laying out those goals? I’m happy to discuss anything with you, and I’d even consider some of your feedback on the topic, but I think you should lose the air of superiority, because you’re just making yourself look like a fool.
STEM is where the super brains are found. Liberal arts is where the rest are often found.

It will be fine

Normally he’s alright, but it’s a little annoying of him to offer me career advice that I didn’t ask for when he clearly knows nothing about the field I’m studying.
He has a reflexive hatred of anyone successful. Stick to your plan of leaving FedEx after your degree. FedEx is a graveyard of educated people with little ambition because it gets comfortable.

bacha29

He has a reflexive hatred of anyone successful. Stick to your plan of leaving FedEx after your degree. FedEx is a graveyard of educated people with little ambition because it gets comfortable.
My disdain is not for people who are not successful but for the people who are NOT successful but try to make others believe that they are successful for the simple reason that they can't accept themselves for what they are.

AB831

My disdain is not for people who are not successful but for the people who are NOT successful but try to make others believe that they are successful for the simple reason that they can't accept themselves for what they are.
Sounds like EXACTLY what you’ve been doing. Why don’t you go on and answer the question about what your college major was?

bacha29

Uh huh. What was your major by the way?
Let's put it this way. It doesn't take an MBA to know what the consequences are in the case of repeated willful violations of company rules and disciplines including the falsification of company hours worked records especially when it involves a federally commissioned operation.

So please continue with your long standing practice of willful falsification of those records in order to conform your daily work experience into something that is to your liking but if you get caught just pack up your stuff and go. You will have no defense of any kind.

AB831

Let's put it this way. It doesn't take an MBA to know what the consequences are in the case of repeated willful violations of company rules and disciplines including the falsification of company hours worked records especially when it involves a federally commissioned operation.

So please continue with your long standing practice of willful falsification of those records in order to conform your daily work experience into something that is to your liking but if you get caught just pack up your stuff and go. You will have no defense of any kind.
Huh? I asked what your college major was. That should require a one to two word response. It’s almost like you’re avoiding the question because its answer will make you look like even more of an idiot in light of the condescending posts you made about my major. So let’s get on with it and actually answer the question.

Last edited:

AB831

Thank you for your kind words. Yeah, a lot of people are so insecure that they feel threatened by anyone who tries to do anything beyond the immovable bar that they set for themselves long ago. Oftentimes, it applies to every aspect of their life too. If you tell a guy like him that you're going to the beach, he'll tell you that he heard it's supposed to rain all weekend. It's a sad little rut.

bacha29

Thank you for your kind words. Yeah, a lot of people are so insecure that they feel threatened by anyone who tries to do anything beyond the immovable bar that they set for themselves long ago. Oftentimes, it applies to every aspect of their life too. If you tell a guy like him that you're going to the beach, he'll tell you that he heard it's supposed to rain all weekend. It's a sad little rut.
In your case stupidity is the immovable object. When you take your little English degree out into the real world workplace looking for a job and somebody does a background check only to discover that you were fired and perhaps prosecuted for the willful falsification of payroll records ,you tell me, just what do you think you're chances are that you'll get the job your seeking?

I along with 3 other people including the TM were involved in a organized HOS violation operation. It's a serious matter that carries with it serious and unpleasant repercussions.

McFeely

Huge Member
Good god man, just let it go that he’s getting an English degree. You can’t even answer his question about your degree so you might as well shut your pie hole.

AB831

In your case stupidity is the immovable object. When you take your little English degree out into the real world workplace looking for a job and somebody does a background check only to discover that you were fired and perhaps prosecuted for the willful falsification of payroll records ,you tell me, just what do you think you're chances are that you'll get the job your seeking?

I along with 3 other people including the TM were involved in a organized HOS violation operation. It's a serious matter that carries with it serious and unpleasant repercussions.
What was your major?

bacha29

Good god man, just let it go that he’s getting an English degree. You can’t even answer his question about your degree so you might as well shut your pie hole.
You're right. We tried to make him understand that what he was doing was both unlawful and potentially career damaging and in my case it's coming from first hand experience. He's a consenting adult . Let him find out for himself what the consequences are.

AB831

You're right. We tried to make him understand that what he was doing was both unlawful and potentially career damaging and in my case it's coming from first hand experience. He's a consenting adult . Let him find out for himself what the consequences are.
Too scared to answer my question? You already look like an idiot. Refusing to answer the question isn’t saving face for you. It’s only confirming that you’re an insecure little boy who got his feelings hurt but still wants to look tough to himself. I already know you didn’t go to college. Your tenuous grasp on 4th grade level grammar told me that. That’s fine. Lots of people don’t and do great for themselves. It’s nothing to be ashamed of. But belittling the course of study of someone who did just makes you look like a pathetic baby to be honest. And then refusing to own up to it and trying to deflect the topic to something else only reinforces it.

bacha29

Too scared to answer my question? You already look like an idiot. Refusing to answer the question isn’t saving face for you. It’s only confirming that you’re an insecure little boy who got his feelings hurt but still wants to look tough to himself. I already know you didn’t go to college. Your tenuous grasp on 4th grade level grammar told me that. That’s fine. Lots of people don’t and do great for themselves. It’s nothing to be ashamed of. But belittling the course of study of someone who did just makes you look like a pathetic baby to be honest. And then refusing to own up to it and trying to deflect the topic to something else only reinforces it.
Whatever course of study you're pursuing it's clearly not effective when it comes to making you understand that you're willfully breaking the law . I don't care if I hurt your feelings or bruised your obviously fragile ego the fact of the matter is if you get caught the exception that your obvious sense of entitlement makes you think you're deserving of is not going to be there for you .

As I said before I was a willing participant in a expansive HOS violation scheme and the result wasn't a pretty one.

AB831

Whatever course of study you're pursuing it's clearly not effective when it comes to making you understand that you're willfully breaking the law . I don't care if I hurt your feelings or bruised your obviously fragile ego the fact of the matter is if you get caught the exception that your obvious sense of entitlement makes you think you're deserving of is not going to be there for you .

As I said before I was a willing participant in a expansive HOS violation scheme and the result wasn't a pretty one.
LMAOOOOOOOO. My ego is neither fragile nor bruised. I'm completely confident in myself. You can't say the same for yourself without lying through your teeth since you're too much of a coward to answer a simple question. But it's okay. We know why you won't answer it. I'm just amazed that you still think you have a modicum of dignity or credibility left.

Last edited: