Trailer speed holes

I have been lurking

Tired hubrat
Drive faster
IMG_20210930_070330178.jpg

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Seriously tho, mention it to your Sup so someone redtags it. Driver would never see that, and we don't want to use it until it's fixed.
Looks like they already "fixed" it once with that metal tape you see on the outside of damaged trailers. They'll probably just put it on from underneath this time.

hondo

promoted to mediocrity
Seriously tho, mention it to your Sup so someone redtags it. Driver would never see that, and we don't want to use it until it's fixed.
Once I figured out where to look for it (and figured out how it most likely happens), I find it easy to spot. If it has already been loaded, and is at the front end of the container (I'll look up and literally see the cardboard), about all I can do is have dispatch 'put a note on the load' so hopefully it gets taken out of service and properly repaired after being unloaded. If it is at the back end of the container (and not loaded that far back), I take a quick trip to the shop for some quick repair tape and maybe some sealant (and again, have a 'note put on the load). If I find an empty like that in a railyard, I'll put a redtag on it and tell my home dispatch about it; hoping that they'll forward the info to someone who can reroute it for repair. (The guy I trusted to do that is now retired, so IDK if it happens anymore)

Because this is a container, I don't believe there is any required (government) inspection interval, so I don't think the company has an inspection/repair program in place. (pretty much all of the pre/post trip inspection is the chassis-wheels, tires, brakes, lights, container attachment, etc.)

As far as permanent repair, from what I've seen the right way seems to be cutting out the damaged section and putting in new wood. None of our regular Automotive departments around here do this but I think our regional shop does. I have frequently suggested screwing down a piece of steel plate (I've seen some come in like that), but that assumes your shop has (or can get) some appropriate material, and authorizes the man-hours.

TL,DR: drivers, look up at the underside of the container behind the tractor drive wheels, and behind the trailer tandems if they're in the forward (short wheelbase) position. About 7' from the front, and back, of the container. Right where the tires are throwing up water when driving in the rain.