Transfer to Ups?

Spam

How many would transfer at full pay, if offered ? I for one would not. I'll take my $29.82
Mercedes with AC and great heat
6:50 am start time
50-55 hrs a weak
2 pensions at 60 totaling $3200
Hand cart with cob-webs
Manager I like

MAKAVELI

How many would transfer at full pay, if offered ? I for one would not. I'll take my $29.82
50-55 hrs a weak
Hand cart with cob-webs
Manager I like
Your topped out with both pensions you're too old anyway.

Oldfart

Not sure how you are gonna get $3200 at retirement. I am a good bit behind that and probably have more years. I know I am in a different market but didn't realize the few $ more made that much difference. Good for you.

Oldfart

I am way older and have more years. I guess you stayed in the traditional longer than I did. I got out as soon as the Portable started and your best 5 years were probably larger than mine.

My Portable will only be 500 or so a month. I plan on leaving it in the account and drawing 4% even after I retire. That is a very good return.

50-55 hrs a weak
Hand cart with cob-webs
Manager I like
You work part time?

zerocool5468

50-55 hrs a weak
Hand cart with cob-webs
Manager I like

You're the epitome of a 1%er in the Fedex Realm.
The guys that have 10-15 years in and are making a whopping $2 more than a newhire would probably abandon ship if they had the chance.

MAKAVELI

Like he said. He wouldn't go to UPS. He is happy and content with where he is. You should try it sometime.
More power to him. I just think it's funny he started a thread to basically say he has it better than a UPS driver. UPS drivers make about $7 more an hour, don't pay for health insurance and their pensions almost double what he's got. But damn they don't have AC. LOL!

SmithBarney

Point Blank most FedEx Couriers could never do the job a UPS driver does.
Top pay at FedEx is fair if not generous for the work done.(unfortunately many many do not come close to it)
Top pay at UPS is fair, but possibly low for the work/abuse your body takes.

And if you really break it down to how much you cost per package, based on revenue, both companies are making a killing on you.

Hourly Dollar for Dollar at "TOP OUT" an Express Driver has it made.
Career wise a UPS driver has it made.
Quality of Life during employment Express has it made.
Quality of Life After Retirement UPS wins this one, excellent pension, financially secure.

MAKAVELI

Point Blank most FedEx Couriers could never do the job a UPS driver does.
Top pay at FedEx is fair if not generous for the work done.(unfortunately many many do not come close to it)
Top pay at UPS is fair, but possibly low for the work/abuse your body takes.

And if you really break it down to how much you cost per package, based on revenue, both companies are making a killing on you.

Hourly Dollar for Dollar at "TOP OUT" an Express Driver has it made.
Career wise a UPS driver has it made.
Quality of Life during employment Express has it made.
Quality of Life After Retirement UPS wins this one, excellent pension, financially secure.
I agree with everything you said except the first sentence. It should be: Point blank most FedEx drivers would never WANT to do the job a UPS driver does.

Oldfart

More power to him. I just think it's funny he started a thread to basically say he has it better than a UPS driver. UPS drivers make about $7 more an hour, don't pay for health insurance and their pensions almost double what he's got. But damn they don't have AC. LOL!
Money isn't everything. The fella is happy and content. He insinuated that he made a decent living. What good does it do to work at UPS if you go in at 845 or 9 am and don't get off until 830pm. Quality of life is a consideration. They make 90k a year and never get to see their kids soccer games or school plays because they work too late.

There are plenty of broke UPS workers and Fedex workers. It isn't how much you make, it's what you do with that money.