Transfer to Ups?

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
No one said they were.
By comparing only top pay at each company, your inference is to render insignificance to the differential. The lifetime earnings potential for someone in the lowest quartile at Express pales in comparison to UPS because of the time frame to top out, as well as the difference in benefits. It would be in the financial interest of someone in that position to seriously consider "transferring".
That being said, I personally would take Express over UPS, because money isn't everything to me.

It will be fine

By comparing only top pay at each company, your inference is to render insignificance to the differential. The lifetime earnings potential for someone in the lowest quartile at Express pales in comparison to UPS because of the time frame to top out, as well as the difference in benefits. It would be in the financial interest of someone in that position to seriously consider "transferring".
That being said, I personally would take Express over UPS, because money isn't everything to me.
People often forget about the years UPS drivers spend as package handlers before getting a chance to drive. That's part of their progression. Not many drivers are hired off the street with only 4 years to top out. It will vary by location, but the average to top out UPS driver pay has to be in the 5-7 year range.

vantexan

People often forget about the years UPS drivers spend as package handlers before getting a chance to drive. That's part of their progression. Not many drivers are hired off the street with only 4 years to top out. It will vary by location, but the average to top out UPS driver pay has to be in the 5-7 year range.
I looked at getting on as a handler with UPS in KC area recently. HR lady told me there's a large number of drivers retiring in the next few years. Estimated 1 year to becoming driver. Not interested at my age and figured she was using that as bait to get me to hire on. But who knows?

throwaway10

I looked at getting on as a handler with UPS in KC area recently. HR lady told me there's a large number of drivers retiring in the next few years. Estimated 1 year to becoming driver. Not interested at my age and figured she was using that as bait to get me to hire on. But who knows?
Yes they use that as a Lure to get you in. but in many cases as long as you can handle the hours Preloaders is a quick morning gig, that leads to their regular job. So most preloaders don't just have one job

ManInBrown

LOL

Na. I worked for Brown in the 70's. Didn't care for it. Wasn't on the road but did see the hours they got off and eventually decided to go a different direction.
Lmao. You're full of sheet. In the 70s you saw the hours they worked? Forget about the 70s, in the early 90s before the strike drivers rarely punched out after 6pm. Most at 5pm. Keep talking about something you know nothing about. The 8-9pm nights didn't begin until after UPS went public. And anyone that says money isn't everything is broke. Anyone at top pay at FedEx god bless you. You'd be an idiot to come work at UPS. Anyone that isn't, I make in 2-2.5 days what you guys make in a week.

Purplepackage

Lmao. You're full of sheet. In the 70s you saw the hours they worked? Forget about the 70s, in the early 90s before the strike drivers rarely punched out after 6pm. Most at 5pm. Keep talking about something you know nothing about. The 8-9pm nights didn't begin until after UPS went public. And anyone that says money isn't everything is broke. Anyone at top pay at FedEx god bless you. You'd be an idiot to come work at UPS. Anyone that isn't, I make in 2-2.5 days what you guys make in a week.

Anyone who says money isn't everything might actually have priorities in their life. If you're only goal is to destroy your body for a company that doesn't care about you so you can have that 60k dollar truck in the parking lot then be my guest

Oldfart

Whatever you say boss. I did work there in the 70's and I did see the drivers getting off when I went in at 6 and a few strolling in after that. I never said they got off at 9pm. I just saw them dragging in. Not sure why you say I don't know what I am talking about.