Transfer to Ups?

Money isn't everything. The fella is happy and content. He insinuated that he made a decent living. What good does it do to work at UPS if you go in at 845 or 9 am and don't get off until 830pm. Quality of life is a consideration. They make 90k a year and never get to see their kids soccer games or school plays because they work too late.

There are plenty of broke UPS workers and Fedex workers. It isn't how much you make, it's what you do with that money.
Says the people who don't have any.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Money isn't everything. The fella is happy and content. He insinuated that he made a decent living. What good does it do to work at UPS if you go in at 845 or 9 am and don't get off until 830pm. Quality of life is a consideration. They make 90k a year and never get to see their kids soccer games or school plays because they work too late.

There are plenty of broke UPS workers and Fedex workers. It isn't how much you make, it's what you do with that money.
Skipping soccer games and school plays. Hell I'd pay someone to make that happen.

I get paid to do it. Sign me up.

bacha29

How many would transfer at full pay, if offered ? I for one would not. I'll take my $29.82
Mercedes with AC and great heat
6:50 am start time
50-55 hrs a weak
2 pensions at 60 totaling $3200
Hand cart with cob-webs
Manager I like
Ok, so what's your point? What's the frequency Kenneth?

bacha29

How many would transfer at full pay, if offered ? I for one would not. I'll take my $29.82
Mercedes with AC and great heat
6:50 am start time
50-55 hrs a weak
2 pensions at 60 totaling $3200
Hand cart with cob-webs
Manager I like
Been to the Fedex Reeducation and Mind Control Academy quite a bit lately haven't you?

Oldfart

Yeah why don't you compare with spam in 10-15 years if you're still around. Where in GA are you again?
LOL.

My retirement is 401k funded. If anyone believes they are gonna live comfortably on 55 or 60% of their working income during retirement is fooling themselves. I am shooting for 100 or 105% of my working income when I retire.

Oldfart

Been to the Fedex Reeducation and Mind Control Academy quite a bit lately haven't you?
I see you made your daily visit to the "I hate my life and my job" academy.

Someone that is happy and content with their job circumstances just rubs you to the core.

Schweddy

Balls
I see you made your daily visit to the "I hate my life and my job" academy.

Someone that is happy and content with their job circumstances just rubs you to the core.

Are you done rubbing him to the core or.. can we get back to the topic?

Edit> to answer @Spam, no I would not transfer to UPS.

Express Courier

I wouldn't go to UPS personally. EFF that bulked out truck life. I'm one of those dudes that works hard but don't care about overtime. (seems like most everyone is the opposite of that) I could probably milk 50-55 hours a week on my route but I'd rather be doing other :censored2: so I only clock about 45 a week. I WAD but keep a swift pace and rarely do any milking. Once in a while I'll take the long way back to the station lol.

Luckily I've always been a frugal person.

vantexan

Since we're all comparing notes let me put my two cents in. I'm heading to Albania first of the year. I took an accelerated pension early this year at 55 that pays me $1840 a month for 12 years, then drops to $228 the rest of my life.

Albania has a cost of living approximately half of the U.S. not including housing. Rent is more than 80% less. A decent one bedroom with a sea view can be had for less than $200 on the coast. Seafood is exceptional, and due to the Italian and Greek influence they have a very healthy Mediterranean diet. In the capital Tirana if you want the big city life they have a huge selection of restaurants, plus malls, movie theaters playing the latest in English. An inexpensive restaurant meal can be easily had for $5 or less. It does get hot and humid in much of the country which is why the coast is so popular. Very scenic mountain coast with great beaches.

Violent crime is extremely low. And because the U.S. saved Kosovo from the Serbs, and Kosovo is 90% Albanian, plus gave Albania needed help, Americans are treated extremely well there. We're the only nationality that gets a year on a tourist card, most all others get 90 days. I think Italians get favorable treatment too.

So depending where I live there, my $1840 a month is easily like $3600-$4000 a month in the States. Even more if you live in high cost cities in the States.

I know some will start ripping this, but really, the States aren't going to get any cheaper and most FedEx employees aren't going to have the retirement Oldfart has. With the internet you can stay in touch, even watch American tv online. So you can scrape by, or you can consider options.

!Retired!

I have a co-worker that is married to a UPS driver. While they live pretty well (he is topped out) hey haven't had dinner together in years. If I was single with no kids, I would consider it. The way my life is now, nope...I'll stay right where I am.