trump 2016

tonyexpress

Whac-A-Troll Patrol
Staff member
Yeah, I was watching the returns on CNN last night and they were really hoping that Cruz would be the nominee. Hillary would easily beat Cruz according to them. They are concerned with the "wild card" Trump though.

Even Huffingtonpost says this...

Hey Democrats: Be Careful What You Wish For

But none of this means that Trump would be an easy mark for Clinton. It could be just the opposite.

If there is a Clinton-Trump contest, it will surely be the nastiest and most negative presidential race in decades, and even centuries.

Whatever the Electoral College map might show, that kind of election is Trump territory.

bbsam

Staff member
As the 'pundits' are wont to say, Clinton is the 'safe' path, the 'steady as she goes' path, while Trump and Sanders are the disruptors.

Obama was supposed to be a 'disruptor', but that's not what happened in his Presidency, at least not the way his supporters wanted. R's think he went too far, D's think he didn't go far enough, etc.

Neither Sanders or Kasich should drop out - let's take this to it's (ill)logical extreme, and see what happens.

It was supposed to be Bush/Clinton, but it turned into a clown convention.

Now it's Clinton/Trump, and it's still a clown convention.

Fascinating.
I think Obama ended up being the disrupter, possibly even transformatips. Clinton, Sanders, Trump. Pick the conservative . Yeah, there is none.

realbrown1

Annoy a liberal today. Hit them with facts.
Cleaned house and still fell short of Hillarys vote count.

Good luck holding your breath for a victory in November.

TOS.
Different pool of voters.

In many states Democrats can't vote for Republicans in the primaries.

And there are tons of Democrats who are GOING TO VOTE TRUMP in November.

Besides, how man opponents did Hillary have yesterday drawing away votes?

Trump had 1 more opponent.

And that makes a difference.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Cleaned house and still fell short of Hillarys vote count.

Good luck holding your breath for a victory in November.

TOS.
Meaningless .
Since each party has their own set rules for primary elections .
In the general election , you get to choose between only two possible outcomes .

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Different pool of voters.

In many states Democrats can't vote for Republicans in the primaries.

And there are tons of Democrats who are GOING TO VOTE TRUMP in November.

Besides, how man opponents did Hillary have yesterday drawing away votes?

Trump had 1 more opponent.

And that makes a difference.

I find these comments laughable at best!

Are you suggesting, that in each state that voted, democratic voters who intend on voting for trump in the general, voted for hillary because they "had to"??

Are you serious? Is desperation really this strong with you?

Also, did you miss the MATH I clearly spelled out in each state?

TRUMP has ZERO chance of winning any of those 5 states in the general election as more DEMOCRATS voted than republicans. How hard is that to understand?

Trump wasnt even CLOSE in ANY of those states.

To suggest that democrats who will vote for trump simply voted for hillary in the primary is probably the dumbest thing said about this particular election night.

In one state, where hillary finished second, she still got more votes than Trump who won the state for the GOP.

This is the problem with you people. You just cant accept reality.

The numbers are not there for Trump, and no matter how vile Trumps rhetoric is, it wont be enough to win the general election.

While I admire your desperation for a win, you'll just have to face the reality that the GOP will lose this election and most likely the 2020 election as well.

Good luck with your desperation.

TOS.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
What you seem to not understand is that getting the most votes does not win the general election .

Just like the primary , the general election is all about getting delegates for the Electoral College .

realbrown1

Annoy a liberal today. Hit them with facts.
I find these comments laughable at best!

Are you suggesting, that in each state that voted, democratic voters who intend on voting for trump in the general, voted for hillary because they "had to"??

Are you serious? Is desperation really this strong with you?

Also, did you miss the MATH I clearly spelled out in each state?

TRUMP has ZERO chance of winning any of those 5 states in the general election as more DEMOCRATS voted than republicans. How hard is that to understand?

Trump wasnt even CLOSE in ANY of those states.

To suggest that democrats who will vote for trump simply voted for hillary in the primary is probably the dumbest thing said about this particular election night.

In one state, where hillary finished second, she still got more votes than Trump who won the state for the GOP.

This is the problem with you people. You just cant accept reality.

The numbers are not there for Trump, and no matter how vile Trumps rhetoric is, it wont be enough to win the general election.

While I admire your desperation for a win, you'll just have to face the reality that the GOP will lose this election and most likely the 2020 election as well.

Good luck with your desperation.

TOS.
25,000 people in Massachusetts switched over from Dem to Rep to vote for Trump and he won that state by a landslide.

Same for Pennsylvania, but more.

Trump does better in open primaries where Dems and Independents can vote for him.

And go underestimate him if you like, but weren't you one of the people who said he'd never run?

And didn't you say he would never turn in his FINANCIALS paperwork?

Didn't you say that Trump would never get over 35% of the vote in any state?

You have been wrong about Trump on everything so far.

Haven't you?

Last edited by a moderator:

Sportello

What you seem to not understand is that getting the most votes does not win the general election .

Just like the primary , the general election is all about getting delegates for the Electoral College .
It usually does win the general, though. Before GWB's contested win in 2000, there have only been three other times, none of them modern.

There are no 'delegates' in the Electoral College. It is nothing like the primaries.