trump 2016

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Yeah. No evidence at all. Just the CIA and NSA agreeing with several other agencies that the Russians were behind it all.
Actually the Joint Analysis Report was from the FBI & DHS , which got most of their data from private security firms who provided more detailed forensic analysis .
More forensic analysis ?
To find that a Clinton staff member who voluntarily gave up his password to his email account.

No smoking gun here .
Just another gaffe by the Choom gang .

tonyexpress

Whac-A-Troll Patrol
Staff member
Anthony Bourdain on Sichuan Peppers, Sex, Eating Dogs, and Political Correctness

Bisley:
You're a liberal. What should liberals be critiquing their own side for?

Bourdain:
There's just so much. I hate the term political correctness, the way in which speech that is found to be unpleasant or offensive is often banned from universities. Which is exactly where speech that is potentially hurtful and offensive should be heard.

The way we demonize comedians for use of language or terminology is unspeakable. Because that's exactly what comedians should be doing, offending and upsetting people, and being offensive. Comedy is there, like art, to make people uncomfortable, and challenge their views, and hopefully have a spirited yet civil argument. If you're a comedian whose bread and butter seems to be language, situations, and jokes that I find racist and offensive, I won't buy tickets to your show or watch you on TV. I will not support you. If people ask me what I think, I will say you suck, and that I think you are racist and offensive. But I'm not going to try to put you out of work. I'm not going to start a boycott, or a hashtag, looking to get you driven out of the business.

The utter contempt with which privileged Eastern liberals such as myself discuss red-state, gun-country, working-class America as ridiculous and morons and rubes is largely responsible for the upswell of rage and contempt and desire to pull down the temple that we're seeing now.

I've spent a lot of time in gun-country, God-fearing America. There are a hell of a lot of nice people out there, who are doing what everyone else in this world is trying to do: the best they can to get by, and take care of themselves and the people they love. When we deny them their basic humanity and legitimacy of their views, however different they may be than ours, when we mock them at every turn, and treat them with contempt, we do no one any good. Nothing nauseates me more than preaching to the converted. The self-congratulatory tone of the privileged left—just repeating and repeating and repeating the outrages of the opposition—this does not win hearts and minds. It doesn't change anyone's opinions. It only solidifies them, and makes things worse for all of us. We should be breaking bread with each other, and finding common ground whenever possible. I fear that is not at all what we've done.

Bisley: A few years back you were on Real Time with Bill Maher and part of the discussion was about people living inside their own bubbles. What do you think of Bill Maher?

Bourdain: Insufferably smug. Really the worst of the smug, self-congratulatory left. I have a low opinion of him. I did not have an enjoyable experience on his show. Not a show I plan to do again. He's a classic example of the smirking, contemptuous, privileged guy who lives in a bubble. And he is in no way looking to reach outside, or even look outside, of that bubble, in an empathetic way.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Anthony Bourdain on Sichuan Peppers, Sex, Eating Dogs, and Political Correctness

Bisley:
You're a liberal. What should liberals be critiquing their own side for?

Bourdain:
There's just so much. I hate the term political correctness, the way in which speech that is found to be unpleasant or offensive is often banned from universities. Which is exactly where speech that is potentially hurtful and offensive should be heard.

The way we demonize comedians for use of language or terminology is unspeakable. Because that's exactly what comedians should be doing, offending and upsetting people, and being offensive. Comedy is there, like art, to make people uncomfortable, and challenge their views, and hopefully have a spirited yet civil argument. If you're a comedian whose bread and butter seems to be language, situations, and jokes that I find racist and offensive, I won't buy tickets to your show or watch you on TV. I will not support you. If people ask me what I think, I will say you suck, and that I think you are racist and offensive. But I'm not going to try to put you out of work. I'm not going to start a boycott, or a hashtag, looking to get you driven out of the business.

The utter contempt with which privileged Eastern liberals such as myself discuss red-state, gun-country, working-class America as ridiculous and morons and rubes is largely responsible for the upswell of rage and contempt and desire to pull down the temple that we're seeing now.

I've spent a lot of time in gun-country, God-fearing America. There are a hell of a lot of nice people out there, who are doing what everyone else in this world is trying to do: the best they can to get by, and take care of themselves and the people they love. When we deny them their basic humanity and legitimacy of their views, however different they may be than ours, when we mock them at every turn, and treat them with contempt, we do no one any good. Nothing nauseates me more than preaching to the converted. The self-congratulatory tone of the privileged left—just repeating and repeating and repeating the outrages of the opposition—this does not win hearts and minds. It doesn't change anyone's opinions. It only solidifies them, and makes things worse for all of us. We should be breaking bread with each other, and finding common ground whenever possible. I fear that is not at all what we've done.

Bisley: A few years back you were on Real Time with Bill Maher and part of the discussion was about people living inside their own bubbles. What do you think of Bill Maher?

Bourdain: Insufferably smug. Really the worst of the smug, self-congratulatory left. I have a low opinion of him. I did not have an enjoyable experience on his show. Not a show I plan to do again. He's a classic example of the smirking, contemptuous, privileged guy who lives in a bubble. And he is in no way looking to reach outside, or even look outside, of that bubble, in an empathetic way.
It's sad that he can be so spot on correct, but limit it to only criticizing the "left".
The intolerance of the alt-right and neoconservatives is on par with that of the uber liberals at this point.

He spoke of the "self congratulatory tone of the privileged left- just repeating and repeating the outrages of the opposition." YES! And you'll see the same thing on the right. They are right in their views and everyone else is a sad little whiny snowflake. Their arrogance is laughable.

And after insulting liberals and blaming everything on their intolerance, he goes on to say that we should all be finding common ground LOL. Another D*bag that's part of the problem.

tonyexpress

Whac-A-Troll Patrol
Staff member
It's all about context... He was asked... You're a liberal. What should liberals be critiquing their own side for?

He is a liberal and was asked that question.. smh..

Maybe there will be another story asking a conservative to explain why they voted for Trump... lol.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
There is no evidence that the Russians were behind the leaked emails .
But bho had to act now.
Why ?
Who cares ... that's good for America and the World.

Obama's actions against the state of Israel is the real story.

The reason Obama acted is simple.
He really believes that as long as Palestine exists as a de jure state, Israel has no reason to bargain.

Last edited:

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Who cares ... that's good for America and the World.

Obama's actions against the state of Israel is the real story.

The reason he acted is simple.
He really believes that as long as Palestine exists as a de jure state, Israel has no reason to bargain.
friend* Israel. How much money are we going to throw at this garbage.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
friend* Israel. How much money are we going to throw at this garbage.
Almost all the "money" to Israel is for weapons.

BTW the Holocaust did happen and that is primarily why the moral and emotional support.
Jews in Russia suffered greatly with over a million Jews migrating to Israel since the fall of the USSR.
Russia hates Jews and Israel and therefore gets an extraordinary amount of military support.

MAKAVELI

Almost all the "money" to Israel is for weapons.

BTW the Holocaust did happen and that is primarily why the moral and emotional support.
Jews in Russia suffered greatly with over a million Jews migrating to Israel since the fall of the USSR.
Russia hates Jews and Israel and therefore gets an extraordinary amount of military support.
I'll reiterate what DDO said, friend* Israel. This country did much worse to the African slaves and Native Americans. Where is the " moral support " for those atrocities?

newfie

I'll reiterate what DDO said, friend* Israel. This country did much worse to the African slaves and Native Americans. Where is the " moral support " for those atrocities?

you mean watching our politicians kiss black ass and listening to the daily trumped up racism claims charges and lawsuits is not enough?

Catatonic

Nine Lives
US Government welfare programs ? :teethy:
US Government corporate welfare programs ? :teethy:
fixed it for you

True but not relevant to your point regarding "African slaves and Native Americans".

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Exactly what social programs are specific to slavery and the genocide of Native American?
None that I know of.
Just as aid to Israel has nothing to do with the holocaust. I specifically said "the moral and emotional support." Nothing about funding.

Although the US supplied a lot of support for Liberia.