Ups Army

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
White guy-2nd from the left front row- one gig for mustache being below the corners of his mouth. White guy in the center in the back-hair too long- one gig. Black guy- far left- front row- One gig for refusing to stand next to a white guy. Black girl?- behind mustache guy- wearing a white Dickey- unauthorized- one gig.
I'm 5th from the left, I had to keep the stache trimmed and hair off my collar. When I cleaned out my locker, I still had a Bic disposable shaver in it. Whiskers on your face and you could dry shave or get sent home. No shorts, paper delivery records, paper time cards, and turn-in envelopes.

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
I'm 5th from the left, I had to keep the stache trimmed and hair off my collar. When I cleaned out my locker, I still had a Bic disposable shaver in it. Whiskers on your face and you could dry shave or get sent home. No shorts, on paper delivery records, paper time cards, and turn-in envelopes.
Progressive turn in

oldupsman

I still have one of those somewhere (unless my wife threw it out). One of the guys was still wearing the old style bus driver hats when I started.
I have one. Lord knows what I'm saving it for. Same with my Circle of Honor blazer and tie.
I just can't toss them. How sad is that.

rod

Retired 23 years
I have one. Lord knows what I'm saving it for. Same with my Circle of Honor blazer and tie.
I just can't toss them. How sad is that.
My Circle of Honor jacket is buried so far back in my closet I'm sure the next person to see it will probably be my daughter when she is settling the estate. :-)

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
My Circle of Honor jacket is buried so far back in my closet I'm sure the next person to see it will probably be my daughter when she is settling the estate. :-)
I actually wore mine today. February is the only month of the year it gets cold enough in Atlanta to wear a leather coat like that.

Staydryitsraining

back in the old days most if not all us had already served and was actually one of the interview questions ..no 1a status were hired including 2s people...or were hired very reluctantly ...so since it really was promotion from within and from the teamsters it was a unique different company back then.....also much smaller. conditions changed and had to adjust to those changing conditions....interesting along the way........and very very few women...
Now 90% of the women have had relations with at least one supervisor and 5 different drivers

WeAreAllGoingToMakeIt

This was the only time we lined up for anything. We were posing in a group photo on the first morning we opened Forest Park Hub in 1991. We never stood in front of a package car for inspection, the Center Manager just walked around looking for polished shoes, hair length and shaved faces.View attachment 327232

Is that the center manager all the way on the right? Looks like he was a real pain in the ***

Zowert

This was the only time we lined up for anything. We were posing in a group photo on the first morning we opened Forest Park Hub in 1991. We never stood in front of a package car for inspection, the Center Manager just walked around looking for polished shoes, hair length and shaved faces.View attachment 327232
Clean cut, uniforms ironed, shoes polished. That’s old school right there. There needs to be more mustaches tho.

rod

Retired 23 years
I actually wore mine today. February is the only month of the year it gets cold enough in Atlanta to wear a leather coat like that.
If I had a leather one it might be different but all I got was the ugly orange realtors jacket. :-)

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
If I had a leather one it might be different but all I got was the ugly orange realtors jacket. :-)
They did away with the dress jackets and banquets a long time ago. We got the choice of a thick black leather coat or a biker's vest. I took the coat.