UPS Driver Collapse In Extreme Arizona Heat

Integrity

Binge Poster
What about employee responsibility?
The way I see I it employees are responsible for following all UPS methods Ana safety training to the letter.
Drivers make upward of $100K, more than enough to ensure that they have have the means to properly plan ahead for the weather conditions.
IMO This is irrelevant to the employers responsibilities UPS’s failure to meet them.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

The way I see I it employees are responsible for following all UPS methods Ana safety training to the letter.

IMO This is irrelevant to the employers responsibilities UPS’s failure to meet them.
I was fortunate in that I worked in a fairly temperate area and lived on my delivery route. For the most part, my combined lunch/breaks were taken at home. I did have a route that had two natural water springs----I would stop by one of them on the way back to the center, fill up my jug, put it in the freezer and I was all set the following day.

During the summer there would be a pallet full of cases of bottled water. On really hot days they would put out sliced fruit. IMO they went above and beyond but there has to be an equal investment by the employees in order to maintain a safe working environment.

Integrity

Binge Poster
I was fortunate in that I worked in a fairly temperate area and lived on my delivery route. For the most part, my combined lunch/breaks were taken at home. I did have a route that had two natural water springs----I would stop by one of them on the way back to the center, fill up my jug, put it in the freezer and I was all set the following day.

During the summer there would be a pallet full of cases of bottled water. On really hot days they would put out sliced fruit. IMO they went above and beyond but there has to be an equal investment by the employees in order to maintain a safe working environment.
I agree, all UPS workers should be equally invested in safety.

Not an equal monetary investment, however.

IMO All UPS workers simply need to follow all UPS Safety Training, including “Cool Solutions” to the letter.

UPS management employees not only need to follow “Cool Solutions” but they must ensure that their employees follow it.

It will cost UPS time and money but that is just too bad, IMO.