UPS LATEST PROPOSAL

ManInBrown

What percent of top drivers monthly pay for a basic apartment do you think is “a fair days pay”? With taxes it’s 30% right now. If you guys get us 90c per year raises it will be close to 2 paychecks for rent. I don’t come here often enough to tell if the people pushing this are paid company shills or what. Every other contract is getting 20-25% and you guys are saying you would be happy with 7-8%
I’m just being realistic. I would love 20-25% I just don’t think it’s reality. We deserve it. They are never going to give us that much. Are they going to cave on everything the Teamsters are asking for and hand it all to us on a silver platter? That’s not the way it works.

Yep and I still think it would be reasonable although I think we’re worth more, but are we willing to fight for 20%?

16% over five years about $6.65
20% over five years about $8.30
We have to make sure that we maintain our health care and hopefully improve our pensions.

Another part-timers should definitely get a nice raise.
$15.50 5 years ago didn't seem too bad but since covid the whole world's changed that's the new minimum wage

ManInBrown

I have been involved in several contracts negotiations in the last year and you’re correct. Most of them are getting 20 to 30%. But none of them were even close to where we started. and none of them have even close to the amount of pension and insurance that we do. I’m all for getting the biggest raise possible but I’m not gonna live in the fantasy land. I’ve already stated I think 15 to 16% over five years would be very good.
Excellent point on insurance. About a year ago I had the old camera in both ends. Paid zero. Insurance paid over $9000 when you add up procedure and anesthesiologist. Our benefits are second to none. A few days before the procedure I called the surgery center just to confirm it was all in network because I have no idea who they use for anesthesia. Whether they are in network or not. Person I spoke to said you have the best insurance. You will owe nothing.

Kirk79

Yep interesting time capsule, Said it was a bad area in 1946 what would they consider it now? I was born, not too far from there in Norwalk California, and we lived in Bell Gardens until I was seven or eight. Drove through there not too long ago when we were visiting California. It was like being in the third world country.
And yet they keep voting democrats into office

9.5mania

Yep interesting time capsule, Said it was a bad area in 1946 what would they consider it now? I was born, not too far from there in Norwalk California, and we lived in Bell Gardens until I was seven or eight. Drove through there not too long ago when we were visiting California. It was like being in the third world country.
How dare you sir cast judgment based solely on your privilege, it’s not their fault they’ve made bad choices, it’s yours!

Last edited:

twotwofour

I’m just being realistic. I would love 20-25% I just don’t think it’s reality. We deserve it. They are never going to give us that much. Are they going to cave on everything the Teamsters are asking for and hand it all to us on a silver platter? That’s not the way it works.
UPS had once in a century profits for the past 5 years. If you don't demand a massive increase now, it will never come. In 5 years you will be arguing "UPS isn't performing as well as it use to, we should be lucky they didn't lower our pay".

The ultimate decision comes down to us, do we vote yes on table scraps or the silver platter?

UPS had once in a century profits for the past 5 years. If you don't demand a massive increase now, it will never come. In 5 years you will be arguing "UPS isn't performing as well as it use to, we should be lucky they didn't lower our pay".

The ultimate decision comes down to our vote, do we vote yes on table scraps or the silver platter?
Please settle yourself down.
There's nothing to vote on so just hold on

People over on Facebook already saying vote no…. Seriously not getting people
I don't do Facebook but how can you vote no on something that we don't have to vote on yet?
We've already made huge games with all the language
If somebody's going to vote no because I didn't get 50 cents over the life of the contract and they are just stupid