UPS LATEST PROPOSAL

Simple answer.. “Let Them Try”…
1. There won't be replacements since the company likely will shut down in a strike

2. Even if they did try to hire replacements I can't see a contract getting voted in that allows the company to keep replacements over current workers.
he means after the strike is over and volume goes elsewhere so all the low seniority drivers get laid off permanently

Thebrownblob

you seem to misunderstand the point of these negotiations

they're trying to get more shekels for high seniority drivers and if everyone else loses their job to make that happen, lol whoopsie doopsie
That’s interesting that you know they’re not trying to get more for part-timers….. especially if you read the forms here and places like Reddit the part-timers have been screaming pretty loudly about needing more money. A jump from $15 an hour to $20 or $21 an hour nationwide, plus yearly Raises is far more than full timers are going to get, and that’s fine with me.

Thebrownblob

most of it will go to Amazon, SMB will go to FedEx and DHL which both have contingencies for a UPS strike
Amazon doesn’t do what we do. And they can’t even deliver all of their own volume. And I can promise you FedEx and DHL have no contingency plan for any volume that they did not already make agreements on back in May. 😂

That’s interesting that you know they’re not trying to get more for part-timers….. especially if you read the forms here and places like Reddit the part-timers have been screaming pretty loudly about needing more money. A jump from $15 an hour to $20 or $21 an hour nationwide, plus yearly Raises is far more than full timers are going to get, and that’s fine with me.
that's cool and all, but sorts are shutting everywhere due to "declining economic conditions"

Thebrownblob

Ok Carol. Fear mongering over here.

Go change your undies and brown up because it looks like mgmt will be having to deliver come august 1st.
Oh my God, Amazon is going to start making pick ups at businesses L O L this guy’s an idiot.

FedEx has no contingency plan for any volume. They did not agree on many months ago as a matter fact they told those people good luck.

DHL ? I’m not even gonna comment on such a silly idea

USPS already stressed to the max the volume we give them with surepost sits for days even now sometimes.

dogs.bite.me

Oh my God, Amazon is going to start making pick ups at businesses L O L this guy’s an idiot.

FedEx has no contingency plan for any volume. They did not agree on many months ago as a matter fact they told those people good luck.

I’m with you, I’m saying that kitty cat guys name fits because he’s scared to hit the street.

Sounds like management trying to sow fear if you ask me.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
1688561980505.png

USPS already stressed to the max the volume we give them with surepost sits for days even now sometimes.
i literally never said that, and they never will

DHL has learned a lot from their first friend up and they are still one of the largest couriers in the world, you're making a huge mistake writing them off

I’m with you, I’m saying that kitty cat guys name fits because he’s scared to hit the street.

Sounds like management trying to sow fear if you ask me.
i hope you get what you want, job is hard and the pay in this country has lagged for decades due to illegal immigration and women in the workforce

that said, you shouldn't be delusional about what would happen to UPS specifically if a strike happened; we'd be done as a company

Thebrownblob

i hope you get what you want, job is hard and the pay in this country has lagged for decades due to illegal immigration and women in the workforce

that said, you shouldn't be delusional about what would happen to UPS specifically if a strike happened; we'd be done as a company
No one is delusional except you. We all understand what’s at stake.

Illegal immigration and women in the workforce? What the hell are you talking about?

Last edited: