UPS LATEST PROPOSAL

Brownsocks

Just a dog
in 500 years they can't deliver what she brings to the table
Hi Carol.
I see you are still trying to convince the employees that you're relevant.
download.jpeg

badpal

Big Brown stock has actually seen an uptick the past few days, perhaps many thinking an agreement would be reached. It's a little over 183 at close July 3rd. What's the over/under on how much it will drop at close today?
I just here thinking about where to set a buy order in this morning before going to work. This whole situation of back and forth is a day traders dream. As long as u guess right. lol

oldupsman

No national contracts until 1979
I'm just telling you that's how it was that's why some places sat out in 1976
In 1976 UPS was only in 15 states. They had just started expanding to the Midwest.
Some of the newer facilities had not joined the union yet so they kept working.

Don't quote me on this one but I believe by about 1979 UPS had expanded to
the entire continental US and that's when the national contract came into play.

I'm sure BUG could give precise info.

In 1976 UPS was only in 15 states. They had just started expanding to the Midwest.

That sounds about right

oldngray

nowhere special

Intrastate Texas took forever with the Texas Railroad Commission

Redtag

Part on order, ok to drive
I have this car that flashes on and off like the macy's day parade and they have yet to completely fix it. Workaround I think is they connected the daylight sensor to the same circuit as the brights, I wish i could make this up.

The headlights flashing? Is a a workhorse or freightliner? Round headlights or flat style?

If it's a workhorse and the headlights are flashing later in your day I would replace the headlight switch... there is a breaker inside the switch that I have seen go bad and the lights start flashing as it gets hot.

If it's a freightliner hopefully your mechanic did the basics like replace the 2 15 Amp breakers, replace the daytime running module. I would also check the underwood harness... could have some green in there..

ThePackageDeli

According to the big guys, if we can't come to an agreement before contract expiration, we're going on strike.

Now, here's my question: If we're going on strike, and it's clearly for economic reasons, how are our jobs going to be protected when UPS has the right to replace us?

Now, here's my question: If we're going on strike, and it's clearly for economic reasons, how are our jobs going to be protected when UPS has the right to replace us?
you seem to misunderstand the point of these negotiations

they're trying to get more shekels for high seniority drivers and if everyone else loses their job to make that happen, lol whoopsie doopsie

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
According to the big guys, if we can't come to an agreement before contract expiration, we're going on strike.

Simple answer.. “Let Them Try”…

Redtag

Part on order, ok to drive

1. There won't be replacements since the company likely will shut down in a strike

2. Even if they did try to hire replacements I can't see a contract getting voted in that allows the company to keep replacements over current workers.

Thats if it even gets classified as an economic strike, and the company does not commit a single illegal act that would turn it into a ULP strike

So, don't worry about replacement workers