UPS LATEST PROPOSAL

UPSER1987

Amazon doesn’t do what we do. And they can’t even deliver all of their own volume. And I can promise you FedEx and DHL have no contingency plan for any volume that they did not already make agreements on back in May. 😂
Dude…you are in the wrong line of business. You seem to know EVERYTHING lol

Thebrownblob

From where? Brown cafe and Reddit? 😂
Sure

“The reality is that there aren’t any carriers prepared to handle an avalanche of volume,” said Haber. “USPS and FedEx (NYSE: FDX) are better prepared than anyone else to help in the event of a strike, but they would just be partial solutions.”

Last edited:

Non liberal

the cheapest one bedroom apartment within an hour of my building is just under 2000$. Same one when I was making 30$ was 700$. It takes 47hr to pay for an apartment when we made 30 it only took me 23hr. I think you guys in the lower cost of living areas that say raises don’t matter do make a good point. We should have a base rate with an adjustment for the local area cost of living. You guys keep telling us you don’t need any money and we believe you.
When every single thing goes up around you, then wages need to also. So many Americans, including myself, have gotten brainwashed into thinking their wages don’t necessarily need to. And if you denied yourself a lot of the fun stuff, you’re probably right. However, I am tired of making other people rich by making my family and myself do without. I’m not looking to take everything the company has of course. Just give me enough to have some fun too. The company gave its shareholders 8 billion last year, didn’t “need” it to operate with. So let them give some of that back to their employees for crying out loud.

anonymous23456

When every single thing goes up around you, then wages need to also. So many Americans, including myself, have gotten brainwashed into thinking their wages don’t necessarily need to. And if you denied yourself a lot of the fun stuff, you’re probably right. However, I am tired of making other people rich by making my family and myself do without. I’m not looking to take everything the company has of course. Just give me enough to have some fun too. The company gave its shareholders 8 billion last year, didn’t “need” it to operate with. So let them give some of that back to their employees for crying out loud.
What is the official Union asking? Not a bunch of us in here. Let see it.

Cowboy Mac

I was told by a pretty reliable source that we started "in the 30% range."

Obviously there's no way for me to verify that, but looking around at many of the recent contracts settled, it sounds like that would be a viable starting point.
We had a recent contract in our local with a 24% raise. That’s not even UPS with the insane amount of money they have.

anonymous23456

I can guarantee he has more knowledge than some short-term PT supervisor from AZ....
AZ? Please...that is so easy to beat.

1000_F_101085471_otLqvaAs6ZPt9NNEHIx0YPtiubbIgcuK.jpg

nWo

i hope you get what you want, job is hard and the pay in this country has lagged for decades due to illegal immigration and women in the workforce

that said, you shouldn't be delusional about what would happen to UPS specifically if a strike happened; we'd be done as a company

Corporate greed.