UPS LATEST PROPOSAL

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
everything is company lingo
IMG_4744.gif

RTS313

I rather die than work for this company with no union.

HarryWarden

How many part-timers are working 10 hours a day driving UPS truck?
1. I’m talking about warehouse workers, not drivers
2.part timers are not working 10 hours because that is full time hours… not part time (except during peak season when part timers do work those hours). So full timers are making more than twice the amount of money as part timers, because they chose to work longer hours, because they went full time. How is that hard to understand?

You do understand when people say equal pay for equal work, we don’t literally mean the same paycheck… right? Just same HOURLY pay for the SAME WORK

1. I’m talking about warehouse workers, not drivers
2.part timers are not working 10 hours because that is full time hours… not part time (except during peak season when part timers do work those hours). So they are making more than twice the amount of money, because they chose to work longer hours, because they went full time. How is that hard to understand?
Go get a full-time job if you want to make full-time money.
How hard is that to understand?

You do know new drivers only make $20.50 per hour to start .
How much do you think you should be making for doing a part-time job?

HarryWarden

Go get a full-time job if you want to make full-time money.
How hard is that to understand?

You do know new drivers only make $20.50 per hour to start .
How much do you think you should be making for doing a part-time job?
Do you not understand when people say equal pay for equal work, they mean the hourly pay? We’re not saying our paychecks should be the same for me working 4 hours vs you working 8 hours

If you’re full time you’ll be getting twice as much money as me, because you’re working twice as many hours as me, because that’s what you chose going full time

But when we’re doing the same exact job, there is no reason for you to get paid more an hour

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
Do you not understand when people say equal pay for equal work, they mean the hourly pay? We’re not saying our paychecks should be the same for me working 4 hours vs you working 8 hours

If you’re full time you’ll be getting twice as much money as me, because you’re working twice as many hours as me, because that’s what you chose going full time

But when we’re doing the same exact job, there is no reason for you to get paid more an hour
But you’re not doing the exact same job, are you? You don’t drive. It’s not like RPCD are on a bus now is it?

shalang

If I've been with the company for 10 years and you barely just started, why should you be getting paid anywhere near what I get paid when you haven't invested the time, sweat and energy I have?