UPS LATEST PROPOSAL

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Since they had everyone there they very easily could have moved inside and had a zoom call with all of the members and get a little more in-depth about the next 84 hours…maybe a member q and a that is more than just 3 questions.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
I have absolutely no problem with what the General President said.

That was not a forum to discuss details of the TA's.

It was media pressure on the company.

O'Brien wasn't reading off a script or a teleprompter.

I say good job.

Brown Biscuit

Blind every day
I was a bit underwhelmed watching it live. However, rewatched it and now I am feeling like it was for the public more than anything. I’ve seen tons of misinformation out there, hell even people in my family thought the strike was already on.

I feel like Sean did a good job bringing up the part timers and how bad their conditions can really be. He brought up drivers pay but then quickly shifted focus to them.

Still no information on forced 6th punch anywhere in sight. While there are other issues to be addressed, it’s still an automatic no if this is not fixed imo.

Thebrownblob

Since they had everyone there they very easily could have moved inside and had a zoom call with all of the members and get a little more in-depth about the next 84 hours…maybe a member q and a that is more than just 3 questions.
That would’ve been fine, but at this point, I don’t know what else there is to say, time is short hopefully they’re getting back to the table today and for the next 80 some odd hours.

Yeet

Not gonna let ‘em catch the Midnight Rider
It was about what I expected. They had this meeting on the docket for weeks. UPS already committed to a July 5th deadline so until then there’s nothing to report.

I was hoping it would be informational to the members. Not for the media.
Well, given it was touted as a "press conference" I'm not surprised, but it was informational to the public, which is probably better for us in the long run. The last thing UPS wants is to know for a fact the public is on our side. It was a good move.

KearsargeCoop

Baseball, dart board
Well, given it was touted as a "press conference" I'm not surprised, but it was informational to the public, which is probably better for us in the long run. The last thing UPS wants is to know for a fact the public is on our side. It was a good move.
Last few days I've been approached by numerous folks on route stating their support for us. It was reassuring and energizing.

Yeet

Not gonna let ‘em catch the Midnight Rider
Last few days I've been approached by numerous folks on route stating their support for us. It was reassuring and energizing.
It’s almost a perfect storm scenario that we are bargaining for this contract in this time in the US. Everybody is sick of corporate greed especially with the money these companies made over the pandemic and the workers got nothing. UPS isn’t even close to being the only company to do this but now they have a chance to look good in the public eye and say “we aren’t that company, we care for our people.” That would resonate with the public.

It’s almost a perfect storm scenario that we are bargaining for this contract in this time in the US. Everybody is sick of corporate greed especially with the money these companies made over the pandemic and the workers got nothing. UPS isn’t even close to being the only company to do this but now they have a chance to look good in the public eye and say “we aren’t that company, we care for our people.” That would resonate with the public.
Couldn't be more spot on. 🍻

But they gave us air conditioning...