UPS LATEST PROPOSAL

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Well, given it was touted as a "press conference" I'm not surprised, but it was informational to the public, which is probably better for us in the long run. The last thing UPS wants is to know for a fact the public is on our side. It was a good move.

It's been on every National News headlines for a week.

The company has been trying to dance around it, but.... "the birds have come home to roost".

:biggrin:

ManInBrown

$40 an hr is CHUMP CHANGE
✊🧔‍♂️
Yup, ten years ago when I made $32 an hour buying power was different, I thought that was a good wage. Today $40 is trash, especially in the northeast where I am. I’d love to make $40 in Louisiana or Mississippi, I’d never want to live there but when an apt is $850 a month as opposed to $3000 a month where I am, or property taxes are $2000 a year as opposed to $13000 a year where I am $40 an hour goes a lot further.

ManInBrown

Some locals had part of the raises diverted into their pension fund
Not talking about different raises, I’m talking about different jump off points because all locals have different pay rates. i quoted someone that said $50 an hour after the contract would be up if figures were accurate. Not $50 an hour where I am.

9.5mania

I personally like it if this is accurate
Yup, ten years ago when I made $32 an hour buying power was different, I thought that was a good wage. Today $40 is trash, especially in the northeast where I am. I’d love to make $40 in Louisiana or Mississippi, I’d never want to live there but when an apt is $850 a month as opposed to $3000 a month where I am, or property taxes are $2000 a year as opposed to $13000 a year where I am $40 an hour goes a lot further.
Come on to Louisiana buddy, not nearly as bad as you may think!