UPS Solution for Excessive Overtime?

ThePackageDeli

001.jpg

Next Day Error

X - Other
Full-timers will cry bloody murder and the company will snap back with "according to the proposal we passed around you claimed you only wanted 9 hours a day and we're doing what we can to keep your overtime reasonable". The company's never-ending quest to whittle the union down to a nub continues.

Mr. Marshall

If you have to work a part-time job to get one of these PVD positions I cannot see them doing very well. A shocking number of our part time staff have no cars. I also don't think we have ever had a PVD driver during peak who also worked part-time in the building.

Thebrownblob

I rather have current part timers pvd than random seasonal employees
Nope , neither it’s not contractual and they can’t even get people to show up to their shifts how would that even work for the company lol? The solution is quite simple. Follow the contract and hire more full-time employees

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
Nope , neither it’s not contractual and they can’t even get people to show up to their shifts how would that even work for the company lol? The solution is quite simple. Follow the contract and hire more full-time employees
The company is devious, it will always try and work around its contractual obligations. The local union is complicit at times too.

Zowert

They need to pay inside workers a living wage to get them to show up. A lot of the people working the belt here are doing it just for the benefits.

Thebrownblob

They need to pay inside workers a living wage to get them to show up. A lot of the people working the belt here are doing it just for the benefits.
They absolutely need to raise the pay. If the amount of people quitting and the short staff they have does not make them realize I don’t know what will.