UPS Special Pension Buyout Offer - December 2016

Carol Field

I should have kept up with it more closely. I just sent the paper work in but never followed up with anybody~ #regret
I'm sorry to hear that you are not getting your early buyout. :sad:Maybe you can contact the UPS pension office directly to see if there's anything they can do for you...it's worth a try.

Carol Field

Angry? Not at all.

I find it very amusing and somewhat sad how many of you jumped at this offer without thinking it all the way through.

At the very least the money should have been rolled over in to a retirement account.

@UpstateNYUPSer - I'm sure you have a great deal of advice to give, but seems nobody here needs or wants your advice. With all due respect, why can't you find a community thread that deals with issues currently going on in YOUR life and leave this thread alone? You are really being very offensive to a lot of folks here and it's NOT cool dude.:villagewrong:You are totally wrong for telling people what they should do with their money. I say, unless you are dishing out checks here - you need to get a life! Find something interesting to do with your time. You seem bored with your life right now.

Nomoturkey

@UpstateNYUPSer - I'm sure you have a great deal of advice to give, but seems nobody here needs or wants your advice. With all due respect, why can't you find a community thread that deals with issues currently going on in YOUR life and leave this thread alone? You are really being very offensive to a lot of folks here and it's NOT cool dude.:villagewrong:You are totally wrong for telling people what they should do with their money. I say, unless you are dishing out checks here - you need to get a life! Find something interesting to do with your time. You seem bored with your life right now.
Uhh everything she said. Lol

Tstorm

He's seeking validation under the guise of "amusement". That's why he desperately mocks those who ignored his opinion. It's also why he repeatedly tells us to come back later to the point of almost begging. It would be one thing if he just made his point and left it there. Instead he keeps popping into this thread to tell everyone how much they're going to be crying/regretting their decisions. If there's one thing that is amusing here, it's his need for approval.

kenman31

I'm just wondering why they didn't simply mail our rollover checks instead of a letter "announcing the plan to mail the checks no later than 12/22/16"...seems so redundant.:1eye:
Probably so you can be on the look out for it, especially since they are larger amounts. But it was also a notification that the list has been provided to Mellon bank and they will begin the process of distribution.

vkeoken

I haven't gotten a letter. I elected lump sum, direct deposit. I checked their website which showed all of the boxes are checked except for "get paid. " this is ridiculous. They should've sent out letters weeks ago to give everyone peace of mind. Instead of this waiting game.

I'm sorry to hear that you are not getting your early buyout. :sad:Maybe you can contact the UPS pension office directly to see if there's anything they can do for you...it's worth a try.
I know it sucks. I was fired in 2012 for fighting. It has to be why I don't get the money. I did not start it but I did break the persons nose.