UPS Special Pension Buyout Offer - December 2016

Carol Field

Does anyone who is getting a paper check know if they will need to be signed for? Wish they gave the option to overnight I would gladly pay for it.

Leah - you need to call them and ask how the check was sent? I'm not sure if checks were sent through post office, UPS or FedEx mail. So, that you need to verify with the sender. I have not received my paper check as yet, but will update you here when it arrives. I'd call Mellon bank and ask how was check mailed, is there a tracking number, etc.? Please keep me posted...

Gary Lyle

What kind of money are you all talking about? as one who went all 9 innings , we get 4k a month for the rest of our lives.
All I can say is good luck with that! I hope your health holds-up and the pension stays solid until you don't need it anymore - many plans have not. I will take my 25K for 5 years as a part-time unloader and be happy!

Leah Medeiros

Thank you Carol, I am anxiously waiting I had to have Back Surgery in October and am still on disability until the end of January. I moved out of state and was unable to transfer. I'm with Fed Ex now lol. I could really use this to pay some. Bills and Christmas for my 10 year old. It presented the option a few days before I had my surgery and I was relieved. I should of done DD. I was changing banks and decided to do paper at the last minuet. I will let you know asap. I moved from San Antonio to California

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
All I can say is good luck with that! I hope your health holds-up and the pension stays solid until you don't need it anymore - many plans have not. I will take my 25K for 5 years as a part-time unloader and be happy!
we are in the western conference which has the strongest pension plan in the nation.

fishscale99

Leah - you need to call them and ask how the check was sent? I'm not sure if checks were sent through post office, UPS or FedEx mail. So, that you need to verify with the sender. I have not received my paper check as yet, but will update you here when it arrives. I'd call Mellon bank and ask how was check mailed, is there a tracking number, etc.? Please keep me posted...
No check today

Leah Medeiros

I'm planning a Christmas vacation to visit my son at his college. I'd like to get my payout now rather than after Christmas holiday. Just seems they need to get going with issuing payments to us right away!!! I'll be out of town for two weeks. Whomever is in charge of this payout isn't on the ball. It's the holiday season and nobody is just sitting at home during this time of year. They know this...they simply don't care.
Could not agree with you more. I am on pins and needles. They dangled that carrot over our heads knowing that the holidays are what most of us stress over. I had to undergo major surgery and this money is needed because I am on disability. My 10year old is too young to understand. I am not even certain that I will recover enough to go back to my job.

Carol Field

Thank you Carol, I am anxiously waiting I had to have Back Surgery in October and am still on disability until the end of January. I moved out of state and was unable to transfer. I'm with Fed Ex now lol. I could really use this to pay some. Bills and Christmas for my 10 year old. It presented the option a few days before I had my surgery and I was relieved. I should of done DD. I was changing banks and decided to do paper at the last minuet. I will let you know asap. I moved from San Antonio to California

Well Leah, they said checks were sent out on 12/15 coming from New York Mellon Bank so I think we should start seeing them no later than Monday. I hope you get yours soon. I'm a mom too and I remember when my son was 10 years old and you want to make every Christmas the best for them.:-) Don't worry, things will work out for you. Just believe in yourself and everything will be fine. I'm crossing my fingers that your check arrives SOON!

Carol Field

Gary - I totally agree with YOU! :thumbup:I took the money and ran because thankfully I am in another job that offers a super duper pension plan...and I couldn't be happier.

Leah Medeiros

Does anyone who is getting a paper check know if they will need to be signed for? Wish they gave the option to overnight I would gladly pay for it.
Well Leah, they said checks were sent out on 12/15 coming from New York Mellon Bank so I think we should start seeing them no later than Monday. I hope you get yours soon. I'm a mom too and I remember when my son was 10 years old and you want to make every Christmas the best for them.:-) Don't worry, things will work out for you. Just believe in yourself and everything will be fine. I'm crossing my fingers that your check arrives SOON!

Hi Carol
Thanks for the advice I called BNY Mellon @ 1-800-634-7936 option 7. Spoke with someone sorry forgot her name but she ordered to look up my Social Security number and verified that my check was sent out yesterday :) will let you know when I receive it. I would assume next week. Thank you for your kind words. Will keep fingers crossed that the same will happen for you .

UPSandy36109

I live in Montgomery Alabama and haven't gotten mine yet. Told the wife since it was certified mail, that I would think it would be sent the same fashion as USPS Priority mail. Anyone else have feedback on this?

Carol Field

I live in Montgomery Alabama and haven't gotten mine yet. Told the wife since it was certified mail, that I would think it would be sent the same fashion as USPS Priority mail. Anyone else have feedback on this?

Question - Did Mellon Bank tell you these rollover checks were sent out via US Postal Certified mail?