UPS Special Pension Buyout Offer - December 2016

Carol Field

Im cashing my check. I dislike banks, have zero trust in them. Bunch of crooks...

Yeah, but you gotta leave your money somewhere...can't stuff all of it under your pillow or mattress. I hate banks too, but just read your bank statements carefully (make sure the banks aren't ripping you off) and try to get a totally free checking and savings account.

Carol Field

I know my bank told me because it's an out of state check 7 day hold

Leah & Woolybugger205 - The bank will definitely place a hold on the check because it's a large check and unless you have the funds in your account to cover it - they will not release any of the money until the check clears. Some banks release a small portion on day 1, then day 2, and so one. All banks differ on their hold policy, so you may want to call your bank and tell them the amount that you're expecting and they will explain their hold policy.:-) I'm taking my check to Schwab and they place a 3-4 day hold on all funds.

Carol Field

THis sucks. Web browsing waiting on the postman to get here. smh.

I hope the paper checks start arriving today or tomorrow. Seems if we took a 20% cut we could have received them via direct deposit. Still also patiently awaiting my rollover check in the mail. Let me know if yours arrives today. Good Luck!