UPS/Teamster 401k...Prudential to a Dreyfus self managed account...+22.86% for 2012

Benben

Working on a new degree, Masters in BS Detecting!
Re: UPS/Teamster 401k...Prudential to a Dreyfus self managed account...+22.86% for 20

I personaly do not think the "downturn" will be anywhere near 2008 but with that being said I keep expecting a "market correction." But then again what do I know, I have been expecting a market correction for the past 2 months. 2012 was basicly a sideways market due to so much capital being held back or "hoarded" for the lack of a better word. Now everyone is trying to get their money working again. The fears from 2008 have gone away. ZIRP has worked as have the Fed's QE's.

Not many can accurately explain whats going on in the market right now. Last week we saw so many earnings misses yet the market hit all time highs. Yes, the P/E's, for the most part, are lower than historical norms but for companies to miss and miss badly in the first quarter of 2013 and still have their stocks go up?!?!?! I personaly think its a combination of a large influx of monies from outside the USA trying to make a buck in our market and the large stock buy-backs that began in the second half of 2012 thats distorting the market.

You say you pulled your 401K monies out of the market, may I ask where you parked the money for the time being? I am assuming your in the prudential 401K.

40andOut

Re: UPS/Teamster 401k...Prudential to a Dreyfus self managed account...+22.86% for 20

Stable value and Gov short term funds.

brownboyups

ECT announces dividend of $.443 cents
ECA Marcellus Trust I Announces Quarterly Distribution - Yahoo! Finance

AUSTIN, Texas--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- ECA MARCELLUS TRUST I (NYS: ECT) announced today that the Trust's distribution for the quarter ended March 31, 2013 will be $0.443 per unit, which is expected to be distributed on or before May 31, 2013 to holders of record as of the close of business on May 17, 2013.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
dividend much lower than the last $.68 cent one...last time the stock was $17.00-$19.00
this time ECT is around $13.26 giving a $.443 cent dividend ( looks a lot like RNO)
ECT is going to pay dividends for the next 17 years...natural gas/coal/oil price changes everyday
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
someone got the news early of the lower dividend and sold...check out the last minute before 4pm
that's illegal and the SEC should look into the traders who got that info early...it really is a rigged game
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
my take...$13.26 stock giving a $.443 cent dividend (i'll take that every quarter) at that price
market my be angry it's not like last time but they have to realize the price isn't like last time

ECT may go down some more before people come to there sinces and realize what a good deal this is

Beentheredonethat...800 shares = $354.40 dividend = $1,417.60 per yr @.443 cents
Brownboyups...650 shares + (400 more tuesday) = $465.15 dividend = $1,860.60 @.443 cents per yr
price of natural gas fluctuates...i feel $.443 cents is at the lowest end
if we can't make more than the dividend we collect the dividend and hold
if we make more we can cash out before the EX date
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
i feel ECT will get bought up and have a run like RNO
EX date probably May 15th
6 days until the EX date...now the clock is ticking
i never panic...we get a dividend if we have to collect it (protection)

ECT
good to look at the company we own
look at the board photo...Peter H. Coors (he may be having a Coors light like myself)

NYMT $7.09...+.13...(+1.87%)...i felt the stock would come back
mortgage reits got oversold (my opinion)
can't wait for the markets to open
up over +20k YTD in (Scottrade/401k)
up +50k in 17 months in both accounts
no funds...all cash made in stock picking

Last edited:

brownboyups

I got 800 @ 13.30 today. Hope u r right.

$13.30...nice entry point

ECT makes money every quarter and pays 90% back to shareholders
we will make money whether thru capitol gains (6 days) or dividends (over a longer period)
we will not lose money
stock price may go thru some big swings or not

will update tuesday night

brownboyups

RNO +$2,800 (7 weeks)
NYCB +$2,800 (3 weeks)included $1,250 dividend paid on 5-17-13 (anyone can go a few pages back and see)
------------------------------------------------
ECT $12.10...-1.16 (-8.75%)

i apply the same methods in picking stocks as the companies above
solid companies that make money and pay a dividend
ECT lowered the dividend because of the mild winter from last quarter and the stock got hammered
the fundamentals have not changed...ECT a mostly natural gas trust gives back 90% of what is earned
back to the shareholder back in a dividend
ECT is a trust that is set up to end in 17 years...68 more quarters...time is on our side
every time ECT has a big drop is stock price it comes back unless you paid in the 17's
but we did not
ECA Marcellus Trust Charts ECT | DailyFinance

stock is OVERSOLD
lets think about this $12.10 giving a $.443 cent dividend...and next quarter giving another one

rule #1 never panic
ECT is not a company you sell because it has a REALLY REALLY BAD DAY
they are going to pull natural gas out of the ground for the next 17 years
they make lots of money

i bought 400 mores shares today at $13.10 (-$400) today
total 1050 shares (-$1,154) today
we haven't lost any money...you lose or make money when you sell..our accounts have gone down for sure
unless i sell i will always own 1050 shares

5 more days until the EX date
anything can happen...UP/DOWN/SIDEWAYS

investing breaks down to
1...BUY
2...SELL
3...HOLD

we are not going to lose a penny...if we have to HOLD and wait the price of the stock is coming back
this is the ugly part of investing
a few years ago i was weighted to heavily in mortgage reits and went down (-30k) in one quarter
never panicked because i believed in what i picked...got back to even and sold
learned a lot about the market and myself

is it scary to drop 1k on a stock in a day...yes it is...can it get worse...yup
​fundamentals say ECT is worth more than $12.10
that's why i pick/buy the stocks i do

i'm not going anywhere...i have skin in the game
i do feel for u beentheredonethat...i never panic so i think differently
i know this just has to been ridden out

5 days until the EX date

Last edited:

brownboyups

Benben...our PSEC missed the earnings estimate...not worried
have you looked into it...if you could give me an update would
be appreciated

Last edited:

brownboyups

stock i've been watching for a long time that would work for a trade

BBEP
look at last 8 days
BreitBurn Energy Partners L.P. Historical Prices BBEP | DailyFinance

look at what happens when the dividend comes around

Benben...do the research and let me know if my pick holds up
money to be made
​works just like RNO (my opinion)

dividends
http://www.dailyfinance.com/quote/N...ers-lp/BBEP/dividends?source=itxwebtxt0000010

beentheredonethat

I put an order to buy another 500 at 12.20 (limit) order. (ECT). Usually a big drop gives a big rise the next day or so. At least I hope that's what happens.

Benben

Working on a new degree, Masters in BS Detecting!

PSEC book value, or net asset value has dropped to $10.71. The earnings miss (per share) was huge while earnings surged almost 40% year over year. Is this due to write off's on loans gone bad or the capital from the recent secondary not producing yet?

On a side note....someone please, for the love of god, bring AI back down to earth I want in because I missed the boat.

Last edited:

beentheredonethat

OK.. I got 500 at 12.15 this AM and the stock rebounded. I now have 1300 shares and as of 4 PM I'm just a few bucks shy of breakeven for the stock. So I have a lower basis point now. Hopefully this will work out to my benefit later.

brownboyups

OK.. I got 500 at 12.15 this AM and the stock rebounded. I now have 1300 shares and as of 4 PM I'm just a few bucks shy of breakeven for the stock. So I have a lower basis point now. Hopefully this will work out to my benefit later.

ECT $12.74 +.64...(+5.29%)

adding 500 more shares took a leap of faith and big balls which you have my friend
ECT could of gone down another $1 or $2 (which it didn't)
cost averaging...buying the same stock at a lower price than you bought it at the original price has now
given you a price at around $12.72 (that is a very good price)

even if you have to HOLD this stock and get the dividend of $575.90 for this quarter you might want to think
about just keeping ECT and collect dividends...i feel the dividends are going to be more...look at past dividends
ECA Marcellus Trust Dividends ECT | DailyFinance

(capitol investment = $16,715)...not sure if you want to park this amount of money on hold for a while
think about the price you got ECT at and think about what you can make per year in dividends
over $2,000 in a company that pays 90% of what it makes back to the shareholders

then reinvest the dividends into whatever you want...this is a great base price that i don't think your going to
get again but who knows...something to think about

RNO money was nice to play with +$1k of the houses money to help ease the decline tuesday

now heres the thing...ECT is a A+ company because of what is pulled out of the ground (natural gas) and 90% of
earnings given back to shareholders...the traders like to play with stocks...sell hard...push the stock up the next day and
sell hard again...HOLDING ECT will never hurt you...if the stock runs the next few days you have decision to make...
stay and keep or sell

ECT is a cash cow

I did the same today and bought 24 shares of ECT @$12.15...it was the only free money i had left in my Scottrade account
on $.24 (24 shares) today my account went up +14.16 which = $10.62 dividend

think i'm getting $2k by the end of the month in dividends to buy more stocks

4 days until EX date

Last edited:

brownboyups

PSEC book value, or net asset value has dropped to $10.71. The earnings miss (per share) was huge while earnings surged almost 40% year over year. Is this due to write off's on loans gone bad or the capital from the recent secondary not producing yet?

On a side note....someone please, for the love of god, bring AI back down to earth I want in because I missed the boat.

AI is incredible...i'm up +32% YTD

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
if AI is too hard to get a good entry point

look at WMC...western asset mortgage
capitol $21.80
WESTERN ASSET MORTGAGE CAPITAL COM USD0.01 Stock Quote WMC | DailyFinance

i own 415 shares...down -$325.14...(-3.47%) YTD
415 shares = $394.25 per quarter dividend

i bought at $22.58...i fully expect at next dividend the price is going to be in the $23.00's

dividends
WESTERN ASSET MORTGAGE CAPITAL COM USD0.01 Dividends WMC | DailyFinance

look into it if you want...maybe you can tell me why it's not a $25 stock
i feel it's undervalued

historical prices
WESTERN ASSET MORTGAGE CAPITAL COM USD0.01 Historical Prices WMC | DailyFinance

Last edited:

brownboyups

ECT $12.70...-.04 (-.31%)
daily range $12.45 - $12.81
----------------------------------------

an article was posted about ECT today...the guy who wrote the article wrote a lot of doom and gloom
about ECT in march and the stock went down around $6.00...he is shorting the stock (making a profit
from the stock going down)...this is not good news...here is the article
ECA Marcellus Trust - Distribution Falls 35% Sequentially - Seeking Alpha

couple things that haven't worked with this trade

1...dividend got lowered (a lot)
2...stock price went down hard
3...stock not going up
4...a guy writes an article about ECT that the price should be around $7
to scare people to sell so he profits by shorting ECT

i am changing my view about holding this stock if not above the buy price
that means if ECT starts acting badly it's time to get out even if it's at a loss
it is always ok to sell a stock at a small loss because like you saw tuesday the price and go down a lot fast
when fear and panic sets in

my advice

start looking for an exit point...we have 3 days until the EX date
that doesn't mean hang in there to see what happens 1 day before
the EX date
----------------------------------------------------------
RNO went smoothly...just like i thought it was going to go
ECT has not gone the same way

even if the loss is around -$500 don't hang in there and take a -$2,500 loss
finding another stock is aways around the corner
---------------------------------------------------------
i'm down around -$650 and have no problem selling tomorrow so i don't go down -$2,500
you are playing with +1k on the house's money...giving up some is ok
you will want that buffer if you buy another stock
buying 500 more shares @$12.15 has saved you for now
that was amazing what you did...i am very impressed
but if ECT starts going down hard $-13.00 starts adding up fast

Beentheredonethat...again please get the mindset of exiting the stock
see how ECT reacts tomorrow...if it starts going down hard get out
because i am

​maybe the stock will rebound and we will make money but be smart
and cut your losses if ECT starts to go down

Last edited:

brownboyups

dow futures up +41 points
could change to the good or bad by the morning
i think Japan has something to do with it
-----------------------------------------
maybe the buyers will be out Friday
usually a profit taking day

beentheredonethat

I did read that article too late yesterday. However, I ended up crashing and had to get up early and all day meetings so no time to check the stock market. I'll look at it Monday and see what's up with the stock.

brownboyups

1st...my mother passed away a few years ago...Mother's day is Sunday
call or spend time with your Mom because when she's gone it's final (my own experience)
sunday morning at 7am for me will be talking to a head stone for a few minutes
------------------------------------------------------------
2nd...i have a lot to say about stocks
will find some time saturday or sunday to post a lot of thoughts
key to making money in the stock market is finding undervalued stocks
that are going to go higher because of the dividend or the future prospects of the company
it's not rocket science but it can be tricky at times
making lots of money is what it is all about

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Stable value and Gov short term funds.

I personally think it is much too early to even consider doing this as the market has shown no signs of slowing down. The gains on $150K in this market would be considerable. If it were me I would look for opportunities for growth for the remainder of this year and then possibly look for stability in early 2014.

beentheredonethat

Welcome back Upstate...

As far as when the market will go up or down is anyone's guess. I'm in my mid to late 40's so time is on my side so I'm staying in the market for at least the next 6 months.

brownboyups

TIPS FOR BREAKING DOWN ANY STOCK (series #1)
this method can be used for stock
-------------------------------------

Stock: NYMT...New York Mortgage Trust, Inc

#1...look at the earnings bar graph (does a stock make money...so many stocks don't)
Stock Market Quotes & Stock Research
#2...look at the dividends...are they stable
New York Mortgage Trust, Inc. Dividends NYMT | DailyFinance
#3...read the conference call or listen
New York Mortgage Trust Management Discusses Q1 2013 Results - Earnings Call Transcript - Seeking Alpha
#4...look at the charts (never buy a stock when the stock is at a peek)
New York Mortgage Trust, Inc. Charts NYMT | DailyFinance
#5...read all news about the company
NYMT: Summary for New York Mortgage Trust, Inc.- Yahoo! Finance
#6...look at the analysts ratings
New York Mortgage Trust, Inc. Analyst Ratings NYMT | DailyFinance
#7...read the company profile (know what you own)
NYMT - New York Mortgage Trust Inc Company Profile - CNNMoney.com
#8...look to see who the institutional owners of the stock and how many shares they own
NYMT - New York Mortgage Trust Inc Shareholders - CNNMoney.com
#9...look to see what insiders are doing with the stock
NYMT - New York Mortgage Trust Inc Shareholders - CNNMoney.com
#10...look to see what the forecast of the stock is
NYMT - New York Mortgage Trust Inc Forecast - CNNMoney.com
#11...look at the nasdaq stock consultant
New York Mortgage Trust, Inc. Stock Consultant - NASDAQ.com
#12...read the message boards
NYMT Message Board | New York Mortgage Trust Inc. Stock - Yahoo! Finance
#13...this is a financial stock...know what the federal interest rate is and know when rates are going up
know how interest rates will effect NYMT
read or watch all news about what the Federal Reserve Chairman and what he says
#14...get a stock APP and add it to the list and watch it as much as you can
after a while you start understanding when the Stock is at a great price
#15...once you buy a stock and you want to hold it buy it again lower than your original price
this is cost averaging...your getting the stock your holding at a lower price than the original price
#16...everyday check the stock and read any information about the stock
#17...know the book value of the stock
New York Mortgage Trust, Inc. Key Statistics NYMT | DailyFinance
#18...look at the historical prices and how many stars the the motley fool community give it
New York Mortgage Trust, Inc. Historical Prices NYMT | DailyFinance
#19...read a newspaper/watch news or read a online news site...you must know whats going on in the
world and our country...the market moves on events that happen in the world

this is doing the proper homework when your looking to invest
in any stock...i picked NYMT but this method works for any stock

anyone one can do this and make money
hope this helps an investor that doesn't know how to invest in stocks

this is the method i created and has served me well

Last edited: