Welfare

moreluck

golden ticket member
130845_600.jpg

Babagounj

Strength through joy
[h=1]Drugs, cash & ... EBT card[/h]
State welfare officials — despite a widely touted crackdown on fraud — never even returned the call of a Dedham cop who reported EBT benefits flowing to a house loaded with drugs and cash.
Police Detective Bob Walsh alerted the state Department of Transitional Assistance that welfare benefits were being paid to a Dorchester woman whose live-in boyfriend was busted in a raid that netted heroin, cocaine, more than $65,000 in cash, an EBT card and WIC and MassHealth documents in their apartment and cars.

But five weeks passed without a peep from the state — not even a return call to Walsh on the case of the couple, both illegal immigrants, according to immigration officials.
A drug task force led by Dedham police raided the couple’s Dorchester apartment in late March and found $65,225 in cash inside a safe, a bureau and a shoe holder, as well as approximately 52 grams of heroin and 40 grams of cocaine, according to police reports.
Odelio Sepulveda-Guerrero, 34, a native of the Dominican Republic, was arrested, and he was indicted last week on a slew of drug charges, including trafficking heroin and cocaine, prosecutors said.
But cops report also finding an EBT card with the name of Sepulveda-Guerrero’s girlfriend.
Cops also found Puerto Rican birth certificates, a Boston Housing Authority Certificate of Homelessness dated 2011, a Venezuelan passport and a Social Security card under a variety of names and aliases.So much cash was discovered inside a bedroom bureau that wads of bills were stuck behind the drawers, police photos show.
Drugs, cash & ... EBT card | Boston Herald

roadrunner2012

Four hours in the mod queue for a news link
Troll
Ever hear of 30 and out ??? Most folks who are 66 aren't working...........you'll find out someday about retirement.

By your own admission, you have never worked at UPS, and your husband was management who left 'early'.

On the other hand, I collect both my Teamster pension for retiring from UPS and social security.

moreluck

golden ticket member
By your own admission, you have never worked at UPS, and your husband was management who left 'early'.

On the other hand, I collect both my Teamster pension for retiring from UPS and social security.
UPS is not the only place to be employed......there are other jobs out there. I was never without a job 'til I retired. We get a UPS check too.
Social Security and Medicare ( even though you pay into them) you will be counted as one of the welfare receivers.........that's the way Obama couts!!

moreluck

golden ticket member
Pension is the UPS check.........none of your business , but I had vested interest in Bell Telephone Co. before they broke up. Real Estate is just one of many jobs I have had. No matter where UPS moved us, I was able to work. Hubby had the career, I had the jobs.

moreluck

golden ticket member
You've only earned $145k in 13 years of posting? You may be eligible for welfare with 11.1k of income per year on average.
Gee, I'm already a gov't case being on Medicare and Social Security..........they already have my paperwork and info. I could get assistance real quick........would that be a free phone too? I don't have a cell.
And I knew someone would grab a calculator.........but I think I was the 1st. You were probably 3rd after roadrunner.

Nimnim

The Nim
Gee, I'm already a gov't case being on Medicare and Social Security..........they already have my paperwork and info. I could get assistance real quick........would that be a free phone too? I don't have a cell.
And I knew someone would grab a calculator.........but I think I was the 1st. You were probably 3rd after roadrunner.

Sorry I was slow on doing the math. I had to go to work and didn't check this thread before then.

As far as a phone I could send you my old one that still works, you can play sudoku on it. I'm not in the smart phone crowd, so I'm not even up to snuff with the "obama phone" crowd.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Sorry I was slow on doing the math. I had to go to work and didn't check this thread before then.

As far as a phone I could send you my old one that still works, you can play sudoku on it. I'm not in the smart phone crowd, so I'm not even up to snuff with the "obama phone" crowd.
Thanks, but I'm a crossword puzzle nut.....Sudoku is not interesting to me. Hubby has a new phone. I don't even think I know how to use it as a phone. He gets on the internet with it too. I refuse to answer it when he's driving. I tell him to pull over if he wants to see who it was. I don't take any "gizmos" with me when I leave the house......unless keys and $$$ are gizmos.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
A state audit has revealed that Massachusetts has given out $18 million in “questionable public assistance benefits” in recent years, in cases that included the distribution of benefits to more than 1,160 people who were either dead or using the Social Security number of a deceased person.

In some cases, recipients began receiving benefits for the first time after their deaths.
In 1,164 cases, deceased recipients continued to receive a total of $2.39 million in benefits up to 27 months after they had been reported dead. The state Department of Transitional Assistance also paid out at least $368,000 benefits to 178 guardians who claimed deceased persons as dependents, and $164,000 to 40 individuals being claimed by more than one guardian.
Additionally, State Auditor Suzanne Bump found suspicious transitions on electronic benefit cards amounting to $15 million, including almost $5 million in which all food benefits had been withdrawn at once. Meanwhile, five regional offices could not provide documentation for more than 30,000 EBT cards.

The DTA claimed that it was already addressing the issues raised a year ago, including comparing its list of welfare recipients to the Social Security Administration’s master list of deceased in order to weed out those who had died and were still receiving benefits.
But a month later, the auditor discovered a majority of dead welfare recipients that were checked were still receiving benefits, including some who had started receiving handouts for the first time after their deaths.

Read more: Mass. audit finds dead welfare recipients collecting millions of dollars | Fox News

The DTA is also known as the Dept of Terrorists Assistance .
As our State Attorney General has stated " technically it is not illegal to be an illegal in Massachusetts " , today we can amend that to ... technically being dead in Massachusetts does not hinder one from receiving public welfare assistance .